WRITE YOUR REPRESENTATIVE

JinWPB

If you are a Bills fan , regardless of your present address, write or e-mail your representatives in congress, write your President. Tell them the Bills need a new stadium in western N.Y.

Come on , why not. The old War Memorial stadium was built as part of the "new deal" WPA projects of Roosevelt in 1937.

Our current President should be proud to mirror the economic recovery act plans of such a progressive leader.

Scary thought.....the Bills stadium in OP is now older than the old War memorial "Rockpile" was when the Bills left it in 1973.......

If you are a Bills fan , regardless of your present address, write or e-mail your representatives in congress, write your President. Tell them the Bills need a new stadium in western N.Y.

Come on , why not. The old War Memorial stadium was built as part of the "new deal" WPA projects of Roosevelt in 1937.

Our current President should be proud to mirror the economic recovery act plans of such a progressive leader.

Scary thought.....the Bills stadium in OP is now older than the old War memorial "Rockpile" was when the Bills left it in 1973.......

Yeah but it's been much better taken care of. RWS is just as nice, if not better, than it was when it opened in 1973. True, it doesn't have an aromatherapy oxygen bar or pirate ship in the end zone, but it's still a great place to watch football.

PTR

Yeah but it's been much better taken care of. RWS is just as nice, if not better, than it was when it opened in 1973. True, it doesn't have an aromatherapy oxygen bar or pirate ship in the end zone, but it's still a great place to watch football.

PTR

totally agree promo!, the stadium does have some character after all these years. in addition, it is paid for! the economic realities are going to hit the ALMIGHTY NFL soon and i think the fact there is no debt load is going to be a huge plus for the region and its ability to keep the team.

totally agree promo!, the stadium does have some character after all these years. in addition, it is paid for! the economic realities are going to hit the ALMIGHTY NFL soon and i think the fact there is no debt load is going to be a huge plus for the region and its ability to keep the team.

It's been talked about before, but the team only has no debt load as long as Ralph owns the team. Any new buyer will be borrowing most of the cost and the Bills will be in the same position as everyone else in the NFL (except with an old stadium unable to generate sufficient revenue to pay off the debt).

It's been talked about before, but the team only has no debt load as long as Ralph owns the team. Any new buyer will be borrowing most of the cost and the Bills will be in the same position as everyone else in the NFL (except with an old stadium unable to generate sufficient revenue to pay off the debt).

minus the cost of a new stadium

Hey, the government is going to piss away millions of dollars one way or the other, and if they are going to piss it away, why not build the Bills a new stadium? Hell, it beats funding $ 23 million for abortion legislature in Kenya...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/21...test=latestnews

Or the "Art walk" in Rochester that recieved $3.84 million in federal funding...

http://www.cityofrochester.gov/artwalkextension/

(As a 4th generation Rochestarian, with over 50 relatives currently living in the Rochester area, I have never once talked to a single person who has seen this so called art walk. Not one of my 50+ relatives have either. Im not even sure if it exists.)

Lets be real, most of the employees are already on the payroll (unemployment) , but now we could actually have them work!

minus the cost of a new stadium

Except I think the original post wanted the stadium paid by taxpayers. Of course a new stadium would increase the value of the team and cause the new owner to go further in debt anyway - but it might make it worthwhile to keep the team in Western New York - at least Ralph's heirs would make more money.

Wow what a great Idea. Let's kill the local economy and with all the upcoming NFL turmoil coming our way. Not Smart at all. The Stadium is paid for. For what reason would anyone want to build a new stadium? There are only 7 games a year that matter a rats @$$. What constitutes this for the other 358 days of the year??? Major league bad idea

WTF? The Ralph is a great place to watch a game. Terrible idea. I'm sick of all these people clamoring for new stadiums everywhere. Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better.

Why to you think that other people who don't give a flying F about the NFL shoud pay for your personal yucks? Can't you just open up your own wallet and send a $10K check to the private, profitable business that markets itself under the name "Buffalo Bills?"

Do it today!

I truly believe the easier thing to do would be, by any means possible, to make me Lord King and Master over all the lands of North America.

At which point in time I will appoint an NFL Czar, for the sake of argument right now, lets just say it will be PTR with StuckinCincy as his #2, the end result of any of their meetings will be that:

A) The Bills will never be allowed to leave Buffalo; and

B) A brand new doomed stadium (a special "domed" stadium with a sense of foreboding whenever you enter) made of the finest metal known to man: metal, will be constructed in downtown Buffalo and will be named after the restaurant with the finest wings in Buffalo...to be decided by me at some later date; and

C) The salary cap will still be in place, with a slight adjustment known as the "Buffalo Bills Tax"; each team gives the Bills 10 million dollars and our cap figure goes up by equal proportion.

...after the above I promise to do something about the debt.

At which point in time I will appoint an NFL Czar, for the sake of argument right now, lets just say it will be PTR with StuckinCincy as his #2, the end result of any of their meetings will be that:

Uh, that's not what I'd call an all-star cast.

How about a gov't that spends 6.7 billion/month on a "war" in Afghanistan?

While we may have a rapidly deteriorating health-care system, are fighting two dead end wars that cost around $12,000,000,000 per month, an escalating unemployment rate, and declining median wage to go with the disappearing middle class...please don't ever let it be said that any country has smoother roads..errr will have smother road when/if they ever get done working on all of them...at the same time. "Putting America to Work," only counted if you were in road construction.

While we may have a rapidly deteriorating health-care system, are fighting two dead end wars that cost around $12,000,000,000 per month, an escalating unemployment rate, and declining median wage to go with the disappearing middle class...please don't ever let it be said that any country has smoother roads..errr will have smother road when/if they ever get done working on all of them...at the same time. "Putting America to Work," only counted if you were in road construction.

I don't disagree with any of that. But that doesn't mean we should have a new stadium. Unless you're implying of course that the reasons you stated are ones which we should be alerting our public officials about, in which case, I agree with you.

Come on , why not.

Because I don't want my tax dollars going to build new stadiums while our nation goes bankrupt. The NFL earns billions and can easily afford to build their own stadiums.

So - when will you be sending out your personal check to that private business? You might like to read the Iraqi Liberation Act of 1009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Liberation_Act

Or perhaps the words of these folks:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/wmdquotes.asp

The Bills will eventually need a new stadium. I think new owners will likely demand one, if only to "keep up with the Joneses" when it comes to luxury boxes and such (they don't have to split that revenue).

But IMO The Ralph is still a fine place to watch an NFL game (unlike the Rockpile when it was near the end). Terrific sight lines, good seats, for the most part. I don't mind watching a game there, at all.

Hey, the government is going to piss away millions of dollars one way or the other, and if they are going to piss it away, why not build the Bills a new stadium? Hell, it beats funding $ 23 million for abortion legislature in Kenya...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/21...test=latestnews

Or the "Art walk" in Rochester that recieved $3.84 million in federal funding...

http://www.cityofrochester.gov/artwalkextension/

(As a 4th generation Rochestarian, with over 50 relatives currently living in the Rochester area, I have never once talked to a single person who has seen this so called art walk. Not one of my 50+ relatives have either. Im not even sure if it exists.)

Lets be real, most of the employees are already on the payroll (unemployment) , but now we could actually have them work!

I have no argument that our government pisses away billions every year. But as far as the federal funding for Art Walk, here's their website you and your relatives can browse complete with maps and events and other pertinent info:

http://www.rochesterartwalk.org/about_artwalk.html

Maybe it's not worth 3.4 Mil, but the Art Walk project seems pretty good for Rochester, in my humble opinion. And I'm not even a liberal.