Rams looking to give Bradford $45-50MM guaranteed

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5385835

Right now the NBA is a lockout next year as well...and its actually working like it should. Players are scared to death for what might be in the CBA next year so they are locking up long term deals now for less money.

Shouldn't St. Louis tell Bradford to take pretty much what Stafford got last year or go roll the dice with potential rookie pay scales?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5385835

Right now the NBA is a lockout next year as well...and its actually working like it should. Players are scared to death for what might be in the CBA next year so they are locking up long term deals now for less money.

Shouldn't St. Louis tell Bradford to take pretty much what Stafford got last year or go roll the dice with potential rookie pay scales?

Market dynamics at work.

GO BILLS!!!

Occasionally people on this board have suggested we should do poorly to get a top draft pick. The problem is that then we would have to pay him. the Bills front office will still be in charge of drafting said players

FIXED

Occasionally people on this board have suggested we should do poorly to get a top draft pick. The problem is that then we would have to pay him.

I can't wait to see RW have to hand out a 35-50M contract next season when the team picks in the top 5.

Occasionally people on this board have suggested we should do poorly to get a top draft pick. The problem is that then we would have to pay him.

When a team ties up that much cap space in a bust it hurts the team for years down the road.

Having the first pick seems more like a curse than a reward.

I agree. Look at the teams that have made the #1 pick in the last 10 years....

2009 - Detroit Lions - Stafford - The jury is still out on the team..

2008 - Miami Dolphis - Jake Long - Too early. Has done well, but is he a All-Pro. Did not Hold out in Training camp

2007 - Jamarcus Russell - A BIG BUST. Held out and missed entire training camp

2006 - Mario Williams - Good player, but not an All-Pro after 4 seasons.

2005 - Alex Smith - For a QB, he is definitely a bust. Not a frachise savior

2004 - Eli Manning - Again a good player, who won a SB due to their good defense and running game and a fluke play. Lack of consistency

2003 - Carson Palmer - Has the Bengals in the playoffs 2 seasons in 7 years.

2002 - David Carr - Bust. Now a backup

2001 - Michael Vick - Bust

2000 - Courtney Brown - Bust. Is he even in the league.

1999 - Tim Couch - Bust

SIX QB are busts and One QB is having an above-average career (with a SB) and one QB with an incomplete.

The % of success at the top after Peyton Manning has been 1/8th. (Manning was drafted #1 in 1998) and even he has exactly ONE SB win, one less than Ben Rothelisberger.

Having the first pick seems more like a curse than a reward.

I does seem that way. For 45-50 million guaranteed, Bradford should surpass Manning, Brady, Brees stats to justify that enormous contract. Each TD he throws this season will cost soooo damn much. Rookie contracts are outrageous.

It wouldn't surprise me if Jamarcus texted Bradford "you've got it made"

I can't wait to see RW have to hand out a 35-50M contract next season when the team picks in the top 5.

I'll take that action.

You're going to be sorely disappointed when the Bills aren't picking in the top 5.