Pat Moran reporting Edwards will be qb1 = continuity of FAIL

bfw1234

I am ok with this. He has shown ability. The correct coaching staff can do wonders. Lets just watch this play out.

Im not he !@#$ing sucks. I will say it right now, I hope the guy gets taken out asap. I am sick of wasting more and more games/ years on POS QB's.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does Pat Moran have inside sources? has he ever been wrong?

Pat is young and giving it a good go. You have to start somewhere, and I give Pat a lot of credit...he takes a ton of lumps, but keeps on trying.

I wouldn't doubt that Pat had some inside sources. I believe he talked to a couple players, or else is directly linked to somebody that did.

That being said, Pat has been wrong of several occasions, but in fairness who hasn't? The national guys are wrong all of the time. Gazoo, Scheffter, etc. Pat, in his defense, has also been right several times.

The one thing that I see is that Pat is not guaranteeing that it is TE, he is offering his opinion, based upon what players said, that it will be TE. If Pat has one thing, it's stones. He'll write this, which is his opinion, and let everybody jump all over it like it is gospel...if he is wrong, he says it's an opinion. If he right, he says "I told you so."

It's like Raging Bull... "If you win, you win. If you lose, you still win."

P.S. I hope he pulled this out of his ass and it's Brohm.

if you remember,3 years in the USFL developed jim kelly, like i have posted before, then it still took him a few seasons to find someone other than Metzelaars.....if Kelly comes to camp as a true rookie, maybe hes the same nfl impact player but not likely at least not for the team which drafted him.

I remember that Jim spent 3 years in the USFL before coming to Buffalo, but that's not my point. The Bills drafted Jim in 83' and he was the last QB that we drafted that has successfully developed into a franchise or even good QB. The Bills haven't had any success in developing QB's (at least since Kelly arrived).

Look at Todd Collins, the first season he takes over for Kelly, he's taken in and out of the line up with Van Pelt, then shown the door the next year, sorry but one year as starter is nowhere near enough time to develop a QB. I'm not saying Collins is great, but he's still in the league and led the Redskins to a playoff berth a couple of years ago.

Losman had a different coordinator about every season he was here and did the flip-flop game as well with Kelly Holcomb. I'm not saying saying Losman is great, but he did go to the UFL and win the championship there and is now back in the league...maybe it's just taking him longer to develop, like it did Drew Brees. Brees had 31 games in SD where he threw for under 200 yards, including 6 games where he threw for under 100 yards. Once SD drafted Rivers, Brees stepped up his game and became a better QB.

I remember that Jim spent 3 years in the USFL before coming to Buffalo, but that's not my point. The Bills drafted Jim in 83' and he was the last QB that we drafted that has successfully developed into a franchise or even good QB. The Bills haven't had any success in developing QB's (at least since Kelly arrived).

Look at Todd Collins, the first season he takes over for Kelly, he's taken in and out of the line up with Van Pelt, then shown the door the next year, sorry but one year as starter is nowhere near enough time to develop a QB. I'm not saying Collins is great, but he's still in the league and led the Redskins to a playoff berth a couple of years ago.

Losman had a different coordinator about every season he was here and did the flip-flop game as well with Kelly Holcomb. I'm not saying saying Losman is great, but he did go to the UFL and win the championship there and is now back in the league...maybe it's just taking him longer to develop, like it did Drew Brees. Brees had 31 games in SD where he threw for under 200 yards, including 6 games where he threw for under 100 yards. Once SD drafted Rivers, Brees stepped up his game and became a better QB.

This is a classic case of making the exception the rule. Brees is a RARE exception. Most of the time you know your QB sucks or has potential after 2 years. We didn't need that much time to tell that Edwards has no balls. I am not sure about Kelly but I imagine he was pretty decent in the USFL. Another thing that links these guys is both the ability and the desire to throw deep. Edwards posses neither of those qualities.

I wonder who these anonymous players are and why they would know anything. If Gailey really did not want anyone knowing the "pecking order" then how do two players on the roster find out? I could care less about all this "pecking order" nonsense. Can't we just fast forward to the preseason already?

this is basically what I took away from the article. Coach hasn't named the "pecking order" yet and probably a couple players are giving their opinion based on their own observations from OTAs and minicamp.

Pat is young and giving it a good go. You have to start somewhere, and I give Pat a lot of credit...he takes a ton of lumps, but keeps on trying.

I wouldn't doubt that Pat had some inside sources. I believe he talked to a couple players, or else is directly linked to somebody that did.

That being said, Pat has been wrong of several occasions, but in fairness who hasn't? The national guys are wrong all of the time. Gazoo, Scheffter, etc. Pat, in his defense, has also been right several times.

The one thing that I see is that Pat is not guaranteeing that it is TE, he is offering his opinion, based upon what players said, that it will be TE. If Pat has one thing, it's stones. He'll write this, which is his opinion, and let everybody jump all over it like it is gospel...if he is wrong, he says it's an opinion. If he right, he says "I told you so."

It's like Raging Bull... "If you win, you win. If you lose, you still win."

P.S. I hope he pulled this out of his ass and it's Brohm.

ya, what he said... PM's been right and wrong in the past. It's just his opinion.

This article is a classic example of how easy it is to report whatever you want without having to validate it to be true. I can post the same article claiming players have told me that Troy Brown is top of the pecking order going into camp. It means nothing and cant be proved or disproved. This guy who wrote it is known for gibberish...

I will wait until I hear something from Gailey for one...more importantly though, this will be a full open competition regardless of who is listed atop the initial "pecking order". There has to be someone listed first, and who it is doesnt really mean squat becaue the QB battle will be won and lost during the preseason and camp, not our OTA's.

So, I dont understand the concern about who will be listed first initially, because it ultimately is irrelevant as the battle has just begun for QB1

I am ok with this. He has shown ability. The correct coaching staff can do wonders. Lets just watch this play out.

:blink:

Nice to see some common sense around here for once. I'm not anointing Edwards - training camp and preseason should tell us who's in - but we have a new on-field regime. Let's give it a shot.

Maybe he has the lottery numbers for this week too, or some good stock picks..... we'll have to wait for an official announcement or at least wait for the start of pre-season to know what they plan no matter who says what. I do think he will likely start just because they will need to know early what he will play like, but they will yank him fast if he stinks it up.

Im not he !@#$ing sucks. I will say it right now, I hope the guy gets taken out asap. I am sick of wasting more and more games/ years on POS QB's.

Are you going to go crazy if TE becomes the starter? Could you do it in front of a web cam? Have you considered You Tube? :blink:

Fun fact: Only two QBs drafted by the Bills have EVER led the team to a winning record.

Well, Kelly was clearly one of them since we did draft him even though he took off for the USFL for three years. I'm guessing the other is Joe Ferguson? If I recall we didn't draft Jack Kemp.

So if TE plays well and there are some victories, does that say he developed? the team improved? or good coaching was the diffrenence? Could be a combonation of the choices.

I think I will go crazy if TE and Evans have great years, because to me that indicates how bad previous coaching was. This means we wasted time with the previous staff and all we gained was the ability to identify poor coaching.

Oh, and I'm willing to give Edwards another shot with Gailey grooming him. If you watch the game film closely, he had much better pocket presence prior to the blind-side hit in the Cards game in '08. He had his feet firmly planted and seemed to ignore everything around him. When he played that way, he played quite well, actually. Since the hit, he bounces too much in the pocket which tells me he's nervous about another hit. If Gailey can give him back his confidence, I think he'll be an excellent QB. If not, I honestly think he'd be better off out of football.

This is a classic case of making the exception the rule. Brees is a RARE exception. Most of the time you know your QB sucks or has potential after 2 years. We didn't need that much time to tell that Edwards has no balls. I am not sure about Kelly but I imagine he was pretty decent in the USFL. Another thing that links these guys is both the ability and the desire to throw deep. Edwards posses neither of those qualities.

Edwards can throw the deep ball, but after the blast from Adrian Wilson, he's been gun-shy. Plus, the lame ass offensive play calling that Jauron wanted didn't help Edwards' case, even Jim Kelly said that.

A little journalism 101.....

if the article contains a photograph that doesn't have a caption crediting the photographer, the reporter is not trained.

Even if Pat Moran himself was standing in the endzone with Trent Edwards taking that shot, he should still use a cutline and credit his site with the photo.

But if it's not his photo, he needs to receive permission to use it. Do you think he has? And even if he does receive permission, he needs to credit the photographer. Didn't do that.

If anybody outside of a select few on this message board knew about Buffalo Sports Daily, Pat Moran could get sued. Luckily for him, his "sporting new site" is so low-end and meaningless, nobody cares enough to fact check him.

Anybody with a computer, an opinion and spare time can pretend to be a reporter anymore. But those of us who have been trained in journalism can spot garbage a mile away.