The OLine isn't that good people!

stevestojan

I keep hearing about how much better the Oline is with McNally, and how they are finally starting to gel...

stevestojan.

What is finally happening is we have a RB that can RUN. Like last weeks 1st TD. Henry would have ran to the middle of that pile and been done. Willis hit the middle, saw nothing, bounce out and scored. He is a THREAT and teams have to respect that. That being said, it gives Drew more time.

This oline may have improved slightly on its own, but do you think its simple coincidence that they started doing better when Travis was benched? Hell no!

Not only that, and maybe more important, drew looks better because he now has a 6th O Lineman: Willis McGahee. The guy can BLOCK. And it used to seem it was always that guy flying in from the outside that go to Drew and made him do pinhead things. McGahee picks that guy up (be it a blitzing corner, etc) and that's that - more time for Drew.

I won't take all the credit away, but please people, McGahee is FAR superior to Henry, and would look better than him behind any line.

you're wrong, as usual.

yes, mcgahee has helped. But the line is playing great since the arizona game. they're picking up everything, and if you extrapolate the sacks on drew from that game to now, we're talking top 5 sacks against, league-wide. With DREW!

The OLine is finally playing the way they're supposed to be playing. And the reason is Jim McNally, not McGahee. McGahee is helping that process, but he's not the reason.

IMO, the improved play in the OL is indirectly correlated with the involvement of Lawrence Smith.

143075[/snapback]

or the absence of him....

Also, give credit to the line...Usually DB feels the pressure from the middle

of the line (the Guard and Center play sucked)...Now they are protecting

him better there...

i am not a professional evaluator of NFL talent,...and i will go out on a limb and guess that none of you are either.

i really liked reading the article posted on TBD regarding the development of Mike Williams from the Buffalo News.

It gives reason to hope. Something I didn't have after an 0-4 start.

marty, stfu..

how's that sound?

:lol:

143107[/snapback]

Seriously Mr. sh--,

The O line has played better and you are giving a little too much credit to Willis. Also T. Henry isn't as bad of a blocker as everyone here thinks. They are doing a better job of protecting Drew on all passing plays, this may be affected by the play call, but has there hasn't been one of those "OH STEVESTOJAN" plays where the is a LB coming unblocked at Drew in a while and I think he may die (can't blame them on Travis), which is a good thing.

Seriously Mr. sh--,

The O line has played better and you are giving a little too much credit to Willis.  Also T. Henry isn't as bad of a blocker as everyone here thinks.  They are doing a better job of protecting Drew on all passing plays, this may be affected by the play call, but has there hasn't been one of those "OH STEVESTOJAN" plays where the is a LB coming unblocked at Drew in a while  and I think he may die (can't blame them on Travis), which is a good thing.

143192[/snapback]

You are forgiven mr. Stojanovich , for as I recall you have missed a number of games. The reality is that the O-line has greatly improved as the season has gone on. Yes Willis is part of the equation, but only as one man can do. I'm sure Fezmid has (or will have) plenty of DVD's of the games that you can review.

You are forgiven mr. Stojanovich , for as I recall you have missed a number of games. The reality is that the O-line has greatly improved as the season has gone on. Yes Willis is part of the equation, but only as one man can do. I'm sure Fezmid has (or will have) plenty of DVD's of the games that you can review.

143216[/snapback]

2 games... and I feel awful about it! :lol:

The real reason i didnt go watch the last two, is that every time i go to the bar to watch I end up spending $50 or so on food and beer. (yeah, i know, i should have gotten Sunday Ticket). Anyway, I decided to save that money instead for this weekend.

The real reason i didnt go watch the last two, is that every time i go to the bar to watch I end up spending $50 or so on food and beer. (yeah, i know, i should have gotten Sunday Ticket). Anyway, I decided to save that money instead for this weekend.

143234[/snapback]

Sounds reasonable :o

143234[/snapback]

You can't go to the bar, have a couple of beers and leave it at that? You can't drink water during the game? So you're inability to stop drinking is causing you to miss games?

Sounds like a drinking problem to me.

I keep hearing about how much better the Oline is with McNally, and how they are finally starting to gel...

stevestojan.

142957[/snapback]

This strikes me as a debate as to who is more wrong posters who give WM's running ability no credit for the blocking production improvement or posters who give WM's prescense the vast majority of the credit for the improvement.

Both views are wrong as obviously the Ds fear of WM breaking one makes the DC less likely to commit fully to blitz calls and when he does call them the smart defender makes sure that WM is not running before they go all out for the QB.

However, i think anyone who simply want to credit WMs play with the better OL performance is missing the boat on the fac that the OL registered its first sackless game during the first 4 we lost and before WM was much of a threat. In addition in one of the first four which ended up being a sackfest for the opponent, many came on blitzes where the OL players made good blocks but the RBs including WM whiffed on their assignments.

In the abstract picture, JMac himself has said from before he was hired he is no miracle worker and though the OL is much improved it is far from the dominating unit we want. However, can the poster who started this thread seriously claim that Vinky and Ruel with their no and 1 year of experience a piece were as good at the OL coaching job as JMac. I think not.

However, can the poster who started this thread seriously claim that Vinky and Ruel with their no and 1 year of experience a piece were as good at the OL coaching job as JMac.  I think not.

143264[/snapback]

More to the point...and I say this with all due respect with no intent of being an ass...can the poster who started this thread actually watch tape of the last two games before trying to dispel the perceptions of people who actually have.

More to the point...and I say this with all due respect with no intent of being an ass...can the poster who started this thread actually watch tape of the last two games before trying to dispel the perceptions of people who actually have.

143274[/snapback]

I will indeed. I know you're not trying to be an ass, but from the 4 games i did see him play, it was like night and day on blitz pickup. But I will watch at least one game when I go home for xmas... but the only thing its going to show me is really how good mcgahee is, i fear.

:lol: