Ralph isn't cheap!

You left out one little fact: Ralph Wilsons' Buffalo Bills are the only team in NFL history to win 4 consecutive Conference Championships and represent their Conference in 4 consecutive SB's in the 44 year history of the SB.

Plus, if Scott Norwood makes that 47 yard field goal, and even if the Bills would have still lost those next 3 consecutive SB's, Wilson would have been voted into the HOF years before he finally made it, and he would be our beloved Bills all time owner. Think about that before you continue ranting how much of a loser Ralph Wilson is, will you? One 47 yard yard field goal staying true instead of sailing wide right, would have changed the way EVERYONE judges Ralph Wilson.

poor tackling was the story of that game...not a kick that was outside Norwood's range

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You left out one little fact: Ralph Wilsons' Buffalo Bills are the only team in NFL history to win 4 consecutive Conference Championships and represent their Conference in 4 consecutive SB's in the 44 year history of the SB.

Plus, if Scott Norwood makes that 47 yard field goal, and even if the Bills would have still lost those next 3 consecutive SB's, Wilson would have been voted into the HOF years before he finally made it, and he would be our beloved Bills all time owner. Think about that before you continue ranting how much of a loser Ralph Wilson is, will you? One 47 yard yard field goal staying true instead of sailing wide right, would have changed the way EVERYONE judges Ralph Wilson.

357 regular season losses (30 games below .500)...33/50 years with no playoff appearances...17/50 seasons with 6 wins or less...2 2/14 seasons, a 1/13 season and a 1/12/1 season....4 conference championships in 40 years (1 every 10 years on average) since the merger and single kick changes wilson's legacy? sorry, not to any objective observer.

357 regular season losses (30 games below .500)...33/50 years with no playoff appearances...17/50 seasons with 6 wins or less...2 2/14 seasons, a 1/13 season and a 1/12/1 season....4 conference championships in 40 years (1 every 10 years on average) since the merger and single kick changes wilson's legacy? sorry, not to any objective observer.

You mean like the HOF voters?

You mean like the HOF voters?

ya think they were impressed with his won/loss record? how much did the meteoric rise of the NFL financially and as an institution enrich your life as a bill's fan during all those losing seasons?

ya think they were impressed with his won/loss record?

Why not ask them? How many "losers" do you fancy they vote into the Pro Football HOF anyway?

how much did the meteoric rise of the NFL financially and as an institution enrich your life as a bill's fan during all those losing seasons?

What does the financial situation of the NFL have to do with anything?

but if he makes that kick we win.

Yeah...but people act as if a 47 yarder on grass is an easy FG to make...that wouldn't have been a gimme for even Steve Christie....and he had a strong leg...Norwood didn't...his gift was accuracy....but he put so much effort into making sure he got enough distance on that kick, his normal accuracy suffered

Why not ask them? How many "losers" do you fancy they vote into the Pro Football HOF anyway?

What does the financial situation of the NFL have to do with anything?

not chummy with many sports writers but since their success relies on access, voting for people that could grease that access for them doesn't seem unfathomable. most have speculated that wilson was inducted for his contributions to the league, not his "success" with the Bills.

not chummy with many sports writers but since their success relies on access, voting for people that could grease that access for them doesn't seem unfathomable. most have speculated that wilson was inducted for his contributions to the league, not his "success" with the Bills.

I doubt Ralph is greasing the access for anyone. And the point was that there is more to life than wins and losses. I'm sure Ralph cares more that Kevin Everett can walk than that some fans think he's "a loser" because his teams didn't fare well most years.

I doubt Ralph is greasing the access for anyone. And the point was that there is more to life than wins and losses. I'm sure Ralph cares more that Kevin Everett can walk than that some fans think he's "a loser" because his teams didn't fare well most years.

do you imagine he's grieving all the other life threatening and life diminishing injuries (like post concussion syndrome) that his players suffered over his tenure as much as he's celebrating the fact that everett can walk? providing the best medical care possible to his players seems expected not extraordinary. it's a violent game and the players know the risk but using the medical care provided to everett or his excellent outcome as a badge of honor for wilson seems a stretch.

I heard the rumor.

First you make your "debunking" proclamation. When called on the credibility of that statement you refer to a "rumor" you heard. A thatch hut has a greater chance of standing up in a hurricane than your off the wall claim.

The owner is going to do what he wants to do. Let's just leave it at that. There is no need for you to tell us about the next rumor swirling around in your vivid imagination debunking whatever you feel needs debunking.

Ralph IS cheap. He is also strange, however. He is willing to spend money for a few high-priced, ill-chosen gems, but unwilling to spend a few extra bucks to secure his investment. He does not want to spend money on roster depth, facilities, or quality coaching. It's like buying a Ferrari and then not wanting to spend money on quality tires. It's maddening to those who have worked for him and for us fans.

That sums it up perfectly, although I don't know that Ralph is cheap so much as the fact that theo money is spent stupidly.

Spends all kinds of money on FA players like Dockery, Owens, Walker, not to mention all wasted high-round money that's gone to likes of McCargo, Losman, Williams, McGahee, Lynch, etc.

Could maybe have kept players like Pat Williams, Winfield, or Clements around, and used their #1 choices to fill other need positions, rather than simply replacing the players going out through the revolving door.

Wilson isn't so much cheap - he just has had the wrong personnel people making decisions, or rather the personnel folks making bad decisions. I still question how much of the decision making is tied to Detroit money man/bean counter Jeff Littman.

The mediocre scouting hasn't helped much either. Teams like the Patriots and Cowboys found star QBs without having to break the bank to groom them. Once they proved themselves and were productive, they were rewarded. The Bills, on the other hand overpay for potential, at the same time leaving little funds for proven players. Seems totally backwards.

Bottom line: Wilson's not so much cheap as it is that the Bills have had awful decision making in the money and personnel departments.

BTW - good anology with the Ferrari/Tire thing.

That sums it up perfectly, although I don't know that Ralph is cheap so much as the fact that theo money is spent stupidly.

Spends all kinds of money on FA players like Dockery, Owens, Walker, not to mention all wasted high-round money that's gone to likes of McCargo, Losman, Williams, McGahee, Lynch, etc.

Could maybe have kept players like Pat Williams, Winfield, or Clements around, and used their #1 choices to fill other need positions, rather than simply replacing the players going out through the revolving door.

Wilson isn't so much cheap - he just has had the wrong personnel people making decisions, or rather the personnel folks making bad decisions. I still question how much of the decision making is tied to Detroit money man/bean counter Jeff Littman.

The mediocre scouting hasn't helped much either. Teams like the Patriots and Cowboys found star QBs without having to break the bank to groom them. Once they proved themselves and were productive, they were rewarded. The Bills, on the other hand overpay for potential, at the same time leaving little funds for proven players. Seems totally backwards.

Bottom line: Wilson's not so much cheap as it is that the Bills have had awful decision making in the money and personnel departments.

BTW - good anology with the Ferrari/Tire thing.

Excellent post. Bad decisions inevitably lead to bad results. :bag:

You left out the fact that the fool owner let the architect of those SB teams, GM Polian, go. He continued on with his astounding level of success elsewhere while the Bills have continued on with their astounding level of failure.

Thank you Ralph for your stupendous stupidity. :bag:

do you imagine he's grieving all the other life threatening and life diminishing injuries (like post concussion syndrome) that his players suffered over his tenure as much as he's celebrating the fact that everett can walk? providing the best medical care possible to his players seems expected not extraordinary. it's a violent game and the players know the risk but using the medical care provided to everett or his excellent outcome as a badge of honor for wilson seems a stretch.

Dude, you should liek a jealous female dog. Waht are your career accomplishments? Let's stack tham against this "loser" Ralph Wlson. I'm sure yours are way more impressive.

And mostly likely if Ralph Wilson wasn't the owner of the Bills, you wno't even have them to whine about because someone would have moved them to make a lot more money.

You left out the fact that the fool owner let the architect of those SB teams, GM Polian, go. He continued on with his astounding level of success elsewhere while the Bills have continued on with their astounding level of failure.

Thank you Ralph for your stupendous stupidity. :bag:

If you let someone insult your daughter and do nothing about it, you're a coward. And those FO were loaded. AJ Smith and John Butler were more than capable replacements.

Dude, you should liek a jealous female dog. Waht are your career accomplishments? Let's stack tham against this "loser" Ralph Wlson. I'm sure yours are way more impressive.

And mostly likely if Ralph Wilson wasn't the owner of the Bills, you wno't even have them to whine about because someone would have moved them to make a lot more money.

very strong counterargument...i'll bet you were a star debater in college(/high school/grammar school). you know absolutely nothing about my career accomplishments and why would it be relevant if you did. do you begrudge people without the accomplishments of any of the US presidents the right to criticize them?

very strong counterargument...i'll bet you were a star debater in college(/high school/grammar school). you know absolutely nothing about my career accomplishments and why would it be relevant if you did. do you begrudge people without the accomplishments of any of the US presidents the right to criticize them?

Actually, I played sports and put those nerds in toilet bowls. :bag: It's jsut funny when people criticize those who are fair more successful than them. It seems like jealous. Ralph is a millionaire, have won 2 AFL championships, went to 4 SBs, keep a franchise in the 2nd smallest market i nthe NFL despite the fact he could mae a TON more money elsewhere, was elected to the HOF by football writers, but he is a loser? That doesn't sound silly to you?

First you make your "debunking" proclamation. When called on the credibility of that statement you refer to a "rumor" you heard. A thatch hut has a greater chance of standing up in a hurricane than your off the wall claim.

The owner is going to do what he wants to do. Let's just leave it at that. There is no need for you to tell us about the next rumor swirling around in your vivid imagination debunking whatever you feel needs debunking.

Versus the rumor that "the team will be sold to the highest bidder [immediately upon his death because he doesn't want his wife or daughters to own/run the team since he hates Buffalo]?" I'm more than comfortable with the "rumor" I've heard, over yours.