Crowder may be playing but...

What about that article indicated in any way that Hartline is in trouble? FHP doesn't have evidence to put him as the driver, or even if he was the driver if any alcohol was involved. So Goodell is going to suspend him because somebody crashed HIS truck at some point in time?

What about that article indicated in any way that Hartline is in trouble? FHP doesn't have evidence to put him as the driver, or even if he was the driver if any alcohol was involved. So Goodell is going to suspend him because somebody crashed HIS truck at some point in time?

Il give you five clues.

1) It is his truck in his name.

2) Look at the time, 430 AM when most people are retunring home from a long night out.

3) The truck was never reported missing or stolen.

4) His lawyer answered the call to his wife, how would the wife/lawyer know a call from the police was coming

5) When asked what was going on, the only reply the police got was, "He is fine"

Yea i know, innocent until proven guilty. But if you look at the facts right now, it all points to him being behind the wheel.

Il give you five clues.

2) Look at the time, 430 AM when most people are retunring home from a long night out.

4) His lawyer answered the call to his wife, how would the wife/lawyer know a call from the police was coming

5) When asked what was going on, the only reply the police got was, "He is fine"

Yea i know, innocent until proven guilty. But if you look at the facts right now, it all points to him being behind the wheel.

Great post. Get a clue Drew!

Il give you five clues.

None of that is hard evidence. There is no way the police will be able to charge him with driving drunk, and they probably won't be able to prove that he was even driving the vehicle.

Great post. Get a clue Drew!

Not sure if that was a joke or not but he will never be charged with anything including a parking ticket out of those facts. No wheel witness, no evidence of alcohol. Even if arrested no Assistant State Attorney in Dade would touch it.

It's a hit and run to say the least.. If they investigate where he was.. (he has to tell them something right?) I am sure they can put two + two together. They don't need to know if he was drunk. It's still illegal to leave the scene of an accident sober or drunk.

Worst case he'll get leaving the scene of an accident. It will be impossible to prove he was drunk.

There is a precedent with the Lance Briggs case isn't there?

"Chicago Bears linebacker Lance Briggs will be under court supervision for a year and must pay $485 in fines for leaving the scene and not immediately calling police after crashing his Lamborghini and abandoning it alongside an expressway.

Briggs pleaded guilty Thursday to leaving the scene of an accident and failure to report an accident after his car careered into a light pole and a concrete bridge support in Chicago early on Aug. 27.

Cook County Judge Earl Hoffenberg also ordered Briggs to perform 15 days of community service focusing on educating young people about the importance of safe driving.

Briggs didn't speak in court except to say he understood the consequences of pleading guilty."

He was not suspended by the league

It's a hit and run to say the least.. If they investigate where he was.. (he has to tell them something right?) I am sure they can put two + two together. They don't need to know if he was drunk. It's still illegal to leave the scene of an accident sober or drunk.

The penalties are far less than if you get convicted of a DUI, which is why it's usually the best idea to flee the scene when you are drunk. (Providing there wasn't someone else hit)

Here is what the NFL/R. Goddell should do (in my humble opinion) for cases such as these. If a player is convicted of leaving the scene of an accident then he would be immediately suspended for 16 regular season games with out the chance to play in pre/post season games. Should the conviction happen x games into the current season, that than player would be suspended for remainder of the season and n number of games in the following season so that the suspension is 16 games total.

Convicted of DWI- your ass is grass for 2 full seasons!

Leaving the scene and DWI- Forget about playing for 3 seasons

If they don't get tough on the players the NFL will end up like the NBA. Goddell needs to kick some ass. Yeah yeah, I know; "but that's too hard on the players". Bull Shite. Wether they like it or not, players represent the organization and kids look up to them. If a teacher, lawyer or Doctor did something like that, their careers would be in serious jeopardy.

Here is what the NFL/R. Goddell should do (in my humble opinion) for cases such as these. If a player is convicted of leaving the scene of an accident then he would be immediately suspended for 16 regular season games with out the chance to play in pre/post season games. Should the conviction happen x games into the current season, that than player would be suspended for remainder of the season and n number of games in the following season so that the suspension is 16 games total.

Convicted of DWI- your ass is grass for 2 full seasons!

Leaving the scene and DWI- Forget about playing for 3 seasons

If they don't get tough on the players the NFL will end up like the NBA. Goddell needs to kick some ass. Yeah yeah, I know; "but that's too hard on the players". Bull Shite. Wether they like it or not, players represent the organization and kids look up to them. If a teacher, lawyer or Doctor did something like that, their careers would be in serious jeopardy.

Your plan reenforces the problem of leaving being worse then staying. If they leave it's rare they get caught for DUI unless they get pulled over near immediately. Once they dump the car, they are golden on the DUI. Now not only will they have the legal reason to run but a full years salary in addition to the stigma of a second year out of the league. Granted I agree the punishment needs to be harsh, but you have to think about what you are incentivizing a person to do once the accident occurs, and hitting the gas is the worst possible

Your plan reenforces the problem of leaving being worse then staying. If they leave it's rare they get caught for DUI unless they get pulled over near immediately. Once they dump the car, they are golden on the DUI. Now not only will they have the legal reason to run but a full years salary in addition to the stigma of a second year out of the league. Granted I agree the punishment needs to be harsh, but you have to think about what you are incentivizing a person to do once the accident occurs, and hitting the gas is the worst possible

But if they run, they are out for a year, so they have to stay and face the music. You could also make DUI's 1 year suspensions too. That way people players will think twice and hire a cab before they drive!

I don't know the law here…but here's what common sense is saying to me.

No one was injured. There was some property damage.

Hartline is a popular athlete in that locale.

There might be an investigation but I doubt charges are brought…even though it seems pretty obvious that Hartline was DWI/DUI and left the scene of an accident.

Basically I think the outcome is, no harm no foul with a special dispensation for a well-liked athlete.

Been wrong before. We'll see.