Jim Kelly hopes Trent Edwards is the starter

He may get better. But he'll still be injury-prone.

If the OL can keep the pass rushing hellions off him for a reasonable amount of time this season, and the offensive scheme moves beyond middle school mentality, TE has the potential to return to the form he had when he was rated in the top 5 or 6 QB's in the league about 2/3 of the way through the 2008 season. Whether he will or not, is anybody's guess.

But they have to give him something to work with, too. Actually, that goes for whoever is behind center.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the OL can keep the pass rushing hellions off him for a reasonable amount of time this season, and the offensive scheme moves beyond middle school mentality, TE has the potential to return to the form he had when he was rated in the top 5 or 6 QB's in the league about 2/3 of the way through the 2008 season. Whether he will or not, is anybody's guess.

But they have to give him something to work with, too. Actually, that goes for whoever is behind center.

:devil:

My concern is still that the Bills might have the worst OT tandem in the league. As you smartly noted the play of the OL affects all the qbs on the roster, not just TE.

Trent Edwards has for the most part kept silent and shouldered all the blame so post like this are rather foolish in my opinion.

TE never blamed TO/ arrogance as a problem ( just didn't throw the ball to him ), TE didn't blame AVP's/ DJ's scheming/ play calling, or the GM for making him play behind the worse O-line in Bills history, TE didn't blame anyone,

TE just bit the bullet and kept his mouth shut for the sake of the team because its all about the team in TE's heart and mind,

and you really want to know why Jim Kelly is coming out now and getting behind Trent Edwards?

Because when Chan Gailey takes Trent Edwards and our Buffalo Bills to the Superbowl one day and wins it Kelly would like to be left with some form of credibility,

talk about foolish...

I have to agree with you totally. No questions, Edwards has had a rough time, but I don't remember him once pointing fingers at anyone during his time in Buffalo. He has taken a beating both mentally and physically and kept professional about it. Even Kelly once blamed his offensive line (the Bickering Bills) and T.O. blames someone else with every other breath that he takes. If Edwards can put it together finally, he is the kind of player that you want on your team.

He may get better. But he'll still be injury-prone.

Edwards does have a history of inuries, but it sure would improve his chances of staying healthy if our offensive line wasn't worse than some of the lines in the UFL. I think if healthy we have some good offensive guards now, but our tackles are still going to be a big problem and one of if not the worst OT tandem in the NFL.

Not to mention throwing his old friend, Alex Van Pelt under the bus!

Kelly works for the Bills, in some capacity. I have to think, if he is now giving his support to Trent, he knows something that we don't know...

Funny thing is I live down here in South Florida, and I NEVER hear anything about Dan Marino criticisizing the Phins QB situation. Its kind of wierd.

I will say though, I like Jimbo sticking his big, dumb nose in the middle of everything.

Trent handled things terribly last year, but try to appreciate what went down. First, they traded their pro bowl LT. Then instead of coming up with a legit plan b they pretended 375 lb L Walker could match up with 3-4 ROLBs. After reviewing the Pitt film where Walker held or got beat by James Harrison every play, they benched and then cut him. Then they insert a first time O coordinator and eliminate QB position coach. Then, butler goes down and instead of getting a legit RT like Runyan they grab someone off of a practice squad. Did I mention that rookie guards were brutal to start the season?

I really have to empathize with someone who quit in that situation. Don't condone it but when I'm at home saying WTF as a fan, I can only imagine what starting qb is thinking.

Huh? Never mind that James Harrison is an all-pro who was just coming off NFL Defensive player of the year honors and has had 26 sacks in his last 31 games, he had no sacks or even QB pressures in that game, 2 tackles, and Walker had 1 offensive holding penalty, that was declined because Trent threw a pick-six.

I have my opinion ( I do speculate allot) you have yours, but apparently every team in the league, at least for now anyway, gives an indication they may share the same opinion of TO as I do,

So, as usual, you have zero proof to back up a statement you tried to pass off as possibly being factual.

Owens did exactly what I hoped he would do.

He called out a weak link.

Funny thing is I live down here in South Florida, and I NEVER hear anything about Dan Marino criticisizing the Phins QB situation. Its kind of wierd.

I will say though, I like Jimbo sticking his big, dumb nose in the middle of everything.

That might be because they hired Marino as the Head of Football Operations or something like that, he took the job then turned around and quit before he ever got started. Might be too embarrassed to say anything, along with the fact that he is all over the TV during the football season and gets paid then to give his opinion.

Guest dog14787
So, as usual, you have zero proof to back up a statement you tried to pass off as possibly being factual.

Owens did exactly what I hoped he would do.

He called out a weak link.

T.O. disrupts team chemistry and is the weak link in my opinion,

Guest dog14787
T.O. is a talent we lack.

Players like Marcus Easley and CJ Spiller will more then make up for in talent and good character.

Another thing that will help Trent tremendously is our defense moving to the 3-4. Edwards had difficulty in figuring out the 3-4 in the last two seasons. He will have the entire training camp to have a better perspective of the D.

Guest dog14787
Easley is a debate & CJ needs that room to play, we'll see.

Give CJ Spiller an inch and he will take a mile,

T.O. led the league at one point in time last season for dropped passes,(some bouncing off his fat head) the guy wouldn't deviate from his pass patterns to track down or break up badly thrown footballs. T.O. was also bad for team chemistry in my opinion and all things considered, T.O.'s talent we can do without don't you think. We might be able to get a pretty decent FA, LT for 5 Million a year. (wishful thinking)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Marcus Easley will have more production in his Rookie season then T.O. did as a seasoned veteran last year for the Buffalo Bills.

I Billieve...

T.O. led the league at one point in time last season for dropped passes,(some bouncing off his fat head) the guy wouldn't deviate from his pass patterns to track down or break up badly thrown footballs. T.O. was also bad for team chemistry in my opinion and all things considered, T.O.'s talent we can do without don't you think. We might be able to get a pretty decent FA, LT for 5 Million a year. (wishful thinking)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Marcus Easley will have more production in his Rookie season then T.O. did as a seasoned veteran last year for the Buffalo Bills.

Would you care to make a bet on that one? I'll be impressed if Easley can even just duplicate Evans' 44 catches for 612 yards.

Guest dog14787
Would you care to make a bet on that one? I'll be impressed if Easley can even just duplicate Evans' 44 catches for 612 yards.

Yeah, I'm in on this as well.

Hmmm, Easley did pretty well in his first full season in college (senior year) and I really think this guys going to hit the NFL/ ground running.

I'll tell you guys what, If Marcus Easley gets at least the #3 when we begin the regular season, which I admit is a big If, I'll take a couple of you guys on with a small wager, but we need to keep wagering off the board so I'll contact both of you when the season begins. (PM)

or maybe the FO and HC just dont listen to ole Jimbo, they clearly ignored his quest for Tebow, and I doubt he has any influence on the personnel decisions at all. So let Jim crow about trent all he wants, it wont help when Brohm wins the job anyway.

Take that talk to PPP. :rolleyes:

Hmmm, Easley did pretty well in his first full season in college (senior year) and I really think this guys going to hit the NFL running.

I'll tell you guys what, If Marcus Easley gets at least the #3 when we begin the regular season, which I admit is a big If, I'll take a couple of you guys on with a small wager, but we need to keep wagering off the board so I'll contact both of you when the season begins. (PM)

I love the positivity because I'm wired that way but you are going completely overboard. With few expectations, rookie receivers struggle in their first year. That goes for 1st rounders, much less 4th rounders. I like Easely potential but he is going to play a Sam Aikens type role and maybe be the 4th or 5th receiver.

Additionally, did you forget about Hardy and Johnson? They are both entering their 3rd season, which is the year most receivers make or break their career. I'd be more willing to bet one of those 2 steps up their game in a big way this season.

Guest dog14787
I love the positivity because I'm wired that way but you are going completely overboard. With few expectations, rookie receivers struggle in their first year. That goes for 1st rounders, much less 4th rounders. I like Easely potential but he is going to play a Sam Aikens type role and maybe be the 4th or 5th receiver.

Additionally, did you forget about Hardy and Johnson? They are both entering their 3rd season, which is the year most receivers make or break their career. I'd be more willing to bet one of those 2 steps up their game in a big way this season.

I know... Gut feeling... Easley's something special...odds are against me... no guts no glory

Everyone is so used to watching a sputtering, inefficient ( Try to keep it close) Bills offense its almost impossible to imagine anything different, but that's all about to change,

Trent Edwards to Marcus Easley long ball connection is going to be a good one,

I Billieve...