Jim Kelly hopes Trent Edwards is the starter

Kelly just figures using reverse psychology on the Bills HC, Chan Gailey may get better results,

or maybe the FO and HC just dont listen to ole Jimbo, they clearly ignored his quest for Tebow, and I doubt he has any influence on the personnel decisions at all. So let Jim crow about trent all he wants, it wont help when Brohm wins the job anyway.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Kelly openly called out Trent Edwards at the worse possible time in the young mans career, knowing fully well how important confidence is to a young and developing QB, and exclaimed it was time for the Buffalo Bills to move on.

It was a stupid thing to do in my opinion.

With all due respect 20 year, If that's not establishing a vendetta, I'm not sure what is...

Kelly didn't play all that well his first several seasons, his personal worst stat wise NFL full season was his 3rd with the Bills:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KellJi00.htm

So maybe Trent will get better??

Jim Kelly openly called out Trent Edwards at the worse possible time in the young mans career, knowing fully well how important confidence is to a young and developing QB, and exclaimed it was time for the Buffalo Bills to move on.

It was a stupid thing to do in my opinion.

With all due respect 20 year, If that's not establishing a vendetta, I'm not sure what is...

I can't argue that he semed to call him out, but I hope he retracted based on professional appraisal and not political pandering. It is subtle but I think a vendetta is vehement and sustained without reproach, like DearthIce...

Guest dog14787
I can't argue that he semed to call him out, but I hope he retracted based on professional appraisal and not political pandering. It is subtle but I think a vendetta is vehement and sustained without reproach, like DearthIce...

Yup, Darth does express his deep felt sentiments for TE rather well doesn't he :devil:

Just because Jim Kelly is the former Bill's QB of greatness, because his word carries so much weight, because his opinion is going to be posted in stories on the net and in the papers, if he talks to a reporter and says Trent Edwards has had his chance and the Bills should move on - this coming right before the draft - then, that is the same, more or less, as saying Trent, you've blown it, you aren't good enough, and we're moving on without you. We didn't go and draft a Tebow - who, I think, Kelly very much wanted the franchise to draft - and now Kelly is seeing that Nix and Gailey are running the show as they see fit, and that Edwards probably will be the starter this year (despite Kelly thinking it should've been Tebow). He's got no say in the organization, and now he's simply backing it up regardless. He did say, Most people don't get third chances - so lets hope Edwards can find success in Gailey's offense. Ouch. To me, that isn't backing him up, that's Kelly merely backing the Bills.

My hairless chihuahua just won the ugly dog competition at the county fair. I am pumped!

Your hairless chihuahua beat out the other muts. Raise that plastic trophy over your head and be proud. Beating the competition is what it is all about. The next time your beloved chihuahua pees on your newly bought carpet before you get angry remember that your your prized small dog is a champion. :devil:

Your hairless chihuahua beat out the other muts. Raise that plastic trophy over your head and be proud. Beating the competition is what it is all about. The next time your beloved chihuahua pees on your newly bought carpet before you get angry remember that your your prized small dog is a champion. :devil:

WHEW! I needed that pep talk! GO TRENT...You Da Man! But I can't afford new carpet...I have to renew my Sunday Ticket subscription.

WHEW! I needed that pep talk! GO TRENT...You Da Man! But I can't afford new carpet...I have to renew my Sunday Ticket subscription.

Simple solution: Strategically place a throw rug over the stain. The down side to that strategy is that the urine smell will still permeate the room. The upside to that smell is if your nose is congested with gunk it will be cleared by that penetrating odor. :devil:

Simple solution: Strategically place a throw rug over the stain. The down side to that strategy is that the urine smell will still permeate the room. The upside to that smell is if your nose is congested with gunk it will be cleared by that penetrating odor. :devil:

The Dicky J era has made me an expert at throwing rugs over stains. I just pray CHIX can get the stench outta my nostrils!

Trent Edwards has for the most part kept silent and shouldered all the blame so post like this are rather foolish in my opinion.

TE never blamed TO/ arrogance as a problem ( just didn't throw the ball to him ), TE didn't blame AVP's/ DJ's scheming/ play calling, or the GM for making him play behind the worse O-line in Bills history, TE didn't blame anyone,

TE just bit the bullet and kept his mouth shut for the sake of the team because its all about the team in TE's heart and mind, and you really want to know why Jim Kelly is coming out now and getting behind Trent Edwards?

Because when Chan Gailey takes Trent Edwards and our Buffalo Bills to the Superbowl one day and wins it Kelly would like to be left with some form of credibility,

talk about foolish...

You've been stating for quite some time that TO was a problem on the team last year. Can you point to one shread of proof that TO somehow affected Trent's play? Just because you keep sstating it, that doesn't make it true. I'm sure TO preferred Fitz at QB - but only because Fitz actually had the balls to throw the ball.

And yes the play calling, scheme, etc. can lead to a QB's demise; as I'm sure it did here. But, what's concerend me most about Trent is he's accepted it. He accepted being mediocre. He showed no passion, no will to win, no leadership. He accepted losing.

Can Chan change that? Maybe. But, I won't hold my breath. Trent's completely indecisive, deer in the headlights, lackluster stare isn't going to change overnight. If he starts, I fully expect him to be in the post game PC, week 1, with a blank stare - we just play the plays that are called, we have to get better, we're still learning, it's hard to learn a new playbook.

Kelly, IMO, is just calling it as he see's it; when he see's it. He's always done that and probably always will. Do bad and he let's you know. Do good and he let's you know. He's always been like that. Nothing more about it. You really think he's sitting back calculating his press clippings/quotes today so that they all line up and look good 5 years from now?

Guest dog14787
You've been stating for quite some time that TO was a problem on the team last year. Can you point to one shread of proof that TO somehow affected Trent's play? Just because you keep sstating it, that doesn't make it true. I'm sure TO preferred Fitz at QB - but only because Fitz actually had the balls to throw the ball.

And yes the play calling, scheme, etc. can lead to a QB's demise; as I'm sure it did here. But, what's concerend me most about Trent is he's accepted it. He accepted being mediocre. He showed no passion, no will to win, no leadership. He accepted losing.

Can Chan change that? Maybe. But, I won't hold my breath. Trent's completely indecisive, deer in the headlights, lackluster stare isn't going to change overnight. If he starts, I fully expect him to be in the post game PC, week 1, with a blank stare - we just play the plays that are called, we have to get better, we're still learning, it's hard to learn a new playbook.

Kelly, IMO, is just calling it as he see's it; when he see's it. He's always done that and probably always will. Do bad and he let's you know. Do good and he let's you know. He's always been like that. Nothing more about it. You really think he's sitting back calculating his press clippings/quotes today so that they all line up and look good 5 years from now?

TO split the locker room down the middle like he always does and as usual he was at odds with the teams starting QB.

Hello, there's a reason T.O./ouch I hurt my toe and his over inflated fat head (footballs keep bouncing off of) is currently unemployed right now.

TO split the locker room down the middle like he always does and as usual he was at odds with the teams starting QB.

Hello, there's a reason T.O./ouch I hurt my toe and his over inflated fat head (footballs keep bouncing off of) is currently unemployed right now.

Can I assume you work in the Bills' locker room in some capacity? Because I've never seen a single article/quote/indication that the Bills' locker room was split last season.

Guest dog14787
Can I assume you work in the Bills' locker room in some capacity? Because I've never seen a single article/quote/indication that the Bills' locker room was split last season.

I have my opinion ( I do speculate allot) you have yours, but apparently every team in the league, at least for now anyway, gives an indication they may share the same opinion of TO as I do,

I have my opinion ( I do speculate allot) you have yours, but apparently every team in the league, at least for now anyway, gives an indication they may share the same opinion of TO as I do,

No. TO not having a job is not an indication they think he split the locker room and was a disruption last season. That is a figmentation of reality you created to help explain why Trent played so bad last season. But, it has no basis in this dimension of reality. TO not having a job is more likely an indication that 32 teams think he has a declining skill set and wants too much money for that skill set.

TO dividing locker rooms was pre-Bills. The dude matured sufficiently enuf to co-exist with others peacefully. My beef with with him in '09 was not his tude, but dropping passes in clutch situations & taking a play off here & there.

Trent handled things terribly last year, but try to appreciate what went down. First, they traded their pro bowl LT. Then instead of coming up with a legit plan b they pretended 375 lb L Walker could match up with 3-4 ROLBs. After reviewing the Pitt film where Walker held or got beat by James Harrison every play, they benched and then cut him. Then they insert a first time O coordinator and eliminate QB position coach. Then, butler goes down and instead of getting a legit RT like Runyan they grab someone off of a practice squad. Did I mention that rookie guards were brutal to start the season?

I really have to empathize with someone who quit in that situation. Don't condone it but when I'm at home saying WTF as a fan, I can only imagine what starting qb is thinking.