Worst Concerts that you saw...

cwchze

Too many suck openers and bar bands to list, but for main events:

Yes Tormato tour. They were fine for what they were, I just wasn't into prog and I didn't know their songs other than the hits. The Whale song was particularly painful.

Donald Fagen, Tower Theater a couple years ago... total sausage-fest, no women, all dudes in the crowd. Band was technically proficient but no heart or soul or personality. OK to watch, but not really any fun.

Paul Westerberg, 9:30 Club a couple years ago... he was trashed, total train-wreck of a show. It was a blast!

Genesis, Verizon Center DC a couple years ago... Phil Collins is far & away the lamest front-man for a headliner I've ever seen*, he should've stayed behind the drums.

* No, I have never seen Dave Matthews Band. :devil:

DMB. Oh boy. I know lots of people dig em, but I just don't get it. My sister dragged me to a show a few years back. I tried to like it. I really did. EVERY song was the same. Recipe for DMB song:

1. DM starts out with a quiet little noodle lick on acoustic guitar.

2. Rest of the band comes in, two verses and two chorus.

3. Violin solo

4. A little more singing

5. Horns.

6. Music swells to a muddy cachophony.

7. "concert" ending.

wash, repeat...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thought of a couple more:

jethro tull....dont know why i even went.only has a couple good tunes

Richard Marx....Shoulda know better...

meh, to each his own I guess. A big favorite of mine actually. Saw them with Gov't Mule opening in 1997, right before Woody died...

Metallica and Guns and Roses at Olympic Stadium in Montreal 1992, can't blame Metallica, they we're sounding great and the crowd was really getting into it when Hetfield burned his arms, then after waiting almost 2 hours Guns and Roses shows up and that Axl Rose idiot decides to leave after 5-6 songs, then the riot started...Kudos to Metallica for coming back the year after and doing 2 concerts at the Montreal Forum at $10 a ticket...

Also Metal Church at the Verdun Auditorium around 86-87, just terrible terrible sound, very painful...

meh, to each his own I guess. A big favorite of mine actually. Saw them with Gov't Mule opening in 1997, right before Woody died...

yeah.....you have a true fan to go see ian anderson....sadly to say I was a

passing fan....not a diehard...sorry

Metallica and Guns and Roses at Olympic Stadium in Montreal 1992, can't blame Metallica, they we're sounding great and the crowd was really getting into it when Hetfield burned his arms, then after waiting almost 2 hours Guns and Roses shows up and that Axl Rose idiot decides to leave after 5-6 songs, then the riot started...Kudos to Metallica for coming back the year after and doing 2 concerts at the Montreal Forum at $10 a ticket...

Also Metal Church at the Verdun Auditorium around 86-87, just terrible terrible sound, very painful...

you were at that show? Holy Crap that must have been scary...

you were at that show? Holy Crap that must have been scary...

Not really, I was lucky my brother was working for Labatt's Brewery at the time, so we had access to the Labatt luxury box, we we're waiting for all the craziness to stop before leaving the Stadium, what a mess though, the Expos merchandise store all smashed up and goods stolen, cop cars flipped over, fires all over the place, crazy...

Also one funny thing is we had beer in the luxury box, but there was no alcohol sold in the stands for that concert, imagine if they did!!!

Saw Screaming Trees, Soul Asylum, and Spin Doctors in 93(?) at some outdoor venue near Rochester. Screaming Trees were awesome, Soul Asylum blew everyone away, then the Spin Doctors came out and bored the crowd to tears. Think me and my buddy lasted 3 songs before we walked out. We went mainly for Soul Asylum so we weren't disappointed, but wow, the Spin Doctors were horrible.

Not really, I was lucky my brother was working for Labatt's Brewery at the time, so we had access to the Labatt luxury box, we we're waiting for all the craziness to stop before leaving the Stadium, what a mess though, the Expos merchandise store all smashed up and goods stolen, cop cars flipped over, fires all over the place, crazy...

Also one funny thing is we had beer in the luxury box, but there was no alcohol sold in the stands for that concert, imagine if they did!!!

hell i think that might have been why they were rioting... they needed beer to calm themselves down :unsure:

Saw Screaming Trees, Soul Asylum, and Spin Doctors in 93(?) at some outdoor venue near Rochester. Screaming Trees were awesome, Soul Asylum blew everyone away, then the Spin Doctors came out and bored the crowd to tears. Think me and my buddy lasted 3 songs before we walked out. We went mainly for Soul Asylum so we weren't disappointed, but wow, the Spin Doctors were horrible.

Screaming Trees are great. Vastly under appreciated

The worst concert I ever saw was about 5 years ago (memory is a bit fogged from malted hops and bong resin) it was Jimmy Buffet in Charlotte. My first (and only) Buffet show. We had AN ABSOLUTE BLAST tailgating. We had a fully operational tiki bar with lights and power. Made margaritas and partied our asses off! We made our way to our lawn seats when the show was about to start at around 3 and the sky grew black. Then came a torrential downpour. Buffet played through the rain but we only lasted for 2 1/2 songs. The rain continued and we called it a day. Had it been Robert Plant or some sort of Zeppelin reunion I would have toughed it out, but not for Buffet.

The worst concert I ever saw was about 5 years ago (memory is a bit fogged from malted hops and bong resin) it was Jimmy Buffet in Charlotte. My first (and only) Buffet show. We had AN ABSOLUTE BLAST tailgating. We had a fully operational tiki bar with lights and power. Made margaritas and partied our asses off! We made our way to our lawn seats when the show was about to start at around 3 and the sky grew black. Then came a torrential downpour. Buffet played through the rain but we only lasted for 2 1/2 songs. The rain continued and we called it a day. Had it been Robert Plant or some sort of Zeppelin reunion I would have toughed it out, but not for Buffet.

i wasted $30 on buffet once also at alpine valley in WI- great venue but it all sounded the same after 12 minutes