2011 Draft Grades

Good to see Christian Ponder on the list. He's not too well known in most college circles because of his lack of numbers, but his rating verifies that lots of NFL folks think highly of him.

When I read the thread title, I thought someone had already done a complete seven round 2011 Mock Draft and then others had given grades to the teams that haven't actually drafted these guys. And the Bills got a D minus because they didn't address the QB or LT position.

Hope that Herzlich is able to complete his comeback...makes for a good story.

Cap'n...what about Hudson? We'll be needing someone to anchor the line.

Well, i don't focus on OL play when i watch the games, but i can tell you that our OL had steadily improved in the past few years. This coincides with his development. Its now a huge strength on our offense. Hudson has been a rock, and you never hear his name called for anything bad. According to the numbers, he's given up 1.5 sacks and been called for 1 penalty in his 3 seasons here. The guy started 10 games as a freshman and never left the lineup. From everything i can tell, he's an absolute beast.

Also of note is that he has played his entire career here under Jimbo Fisher and Rick Trickett, so he's been under the new offensive system. He's been a zone blocker here, and wasn't "tainted" by the end of the Bowden years.