USA World Cup Team 2014

Pete

2014 should be by far the best team the US has ever fielded in the WC IMO. We missed Davies speed and playmaking ability this cup- but he will be back soon- and 28 next WC. Him and Altidore play well together. Donovan will be 32, Howard 35, Dempsey 32, Onyewu will be healthy and 32. Onyewu will pair with Omar Gonzales(who will be 24) and they will be an intimidating imposing pair on defense. The rest of the team will be young come 2014- Bradley will be 26, Edu 28, Altidore 25, Torres 25. Other possibilities are Freddie Adu- who has been coming on strong lately. We certainly could use his playmaking ability. Ricardo Clark, Marvel Wynne, Feilhaber, Polak, Jonathon Spector, Bocanegra, Chris Pontius, Holden

My guess for starting lineup:

Davies and Altidore

Donovan, Bradley, Edu, Dempsey

Polak , Gonzales, Gooch, Spector

Howard

Any other guess's for 2014 lineup? What young players will make it?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2014 should be by far the best team the US has ever fielded in the WC IMO. We missed Davies speed and playmaking ability this cup- but he will be back soon- and 28 next WC. Him and Altidore play well together. Donovan will be 32, Howard 35, Dempsey 32, Onyewu will be healthy and 32. Onyewu will pair with Omar Gonzales(who will be 24) and they will be an intimidating imposing pair on defense. The rest of the team will be young come 2014- Bradley will be 26, Edu 28, Altidore 25, Torres 25. Other possibilities are Freddie Adu- who has been coming on strong lately. We certainly could use his playmaking ability. Ricardo Clark, Marvel Wynne, Feilhaber, Polak, Jonathon Spector, Bocanegra, Chris Pontius, Holden

My guess for starting lineup:

Davies and Altidore

Donovan, Bradley, Edu, Dempsey

Polak , Gonzales, Gooch, Spector

Howard

Any other guess's for 2014 lineup? What young players will make it?

I can't remember his name, but I just read an article about another "phenom" that we have coming up through the ranks here in the US...I'll have to try and remember where I read it, but I know the kid will be on the U-20 team for their next WC.

I haven't given up hope with Freddy, either....glad to see you mention him. Hopefully he gets more time abroad with a decent club and can really refine his game.

Where is the WC in 2014 being held?

I can't remember his name, but I just read an article about another "phenom" that we have coming up through the ranks here in the US...I'll have to try and remember where I read it, but I know the kid will be on the U-20 team for their next WC.

I haven't given up hope with Freddy, either....glad to see you mention him. Hopefully he gets more time abroad with a decent club and can really refine his game.

Where is the WC in 2014 being held?

I'll give you a hint.

The WC host in 2014 will be the winner in 2010...

I'll give you another hint. It's not Argentina, Spain, Germany, Japan, Ghana, Holland, Paraguay or Portugal :)

I'll give you a hint.

I'll give you another hint. It's not Argentina, Spain, Germany, Japan, Ghana, Holland, Paraguay or Portugal :)

They get the Olympics AND the World Cup. As if Rio wasn't scary enough already. The crime there is going to go through the f'ing roof.

They get the Olympics AND the World Cup. As if Rio wasn't scary enough already. The crime there is going to go through the f'ing roof.

Can't be worse than South Africa.

I'm going to put myself on the list to possibly buy tickets. It's been my dream to go and I didn't have the money and I was too young to go see USA 94.

I'm going to put myself on the list to possibly buy tickets. It's been my dream to go and I didn't have the money and I was too young to go see USA 94.

It already is. And it will only get worse in my opinion.

Still, it'll be a fun location. Just be safe.

I'll give you a hint.

Are you serious?? That's bullshiit man lol....wtf, why even show up?

If you go, you HAVE to take pics...lots and lots of pics. Can you imagine how hot the women would be at a WC in Rio??? I don't think I'd be able to pay attention to the matches!

Are you serious?? That's bullshiit man lol....wtf, why even show up?

No clue :lol:

Brazil is always scary good but I think this is the most balanced team I've ever seen.

And they will continue to be good.

Good Lord Prandelli, make us a champion again :)

If you go, you HAVE to take pics...lots and lots of pics. Can you imagine how hot the women would be at a WC in Rio??? I don't think I'd be able to pay attention to the matches!

I don't know if you really would like to see the pictures I'm going to take :)

I don't know if you really would like to see the pictures I'm going to take :)

LOL, there's a lot I could say to that

Perhaps by 2014 the Lords of FIFA will get their collective head out of their

arse and do two things.

1. Ban the vuvuzela.

2. Use technology to assist the officials.

If the NHL and their sparkling leadership can use technology to review

goal situations, Sepp and the 'progressive' leadership of FIFA can institute some sort of review.

At least the 2014 WC will be telecast during reasonable hours here in the USA.

Perhaps by 2014 the Lords of FIFA will get their collective head out of their

arse and do two things.

1. Ban the vuvuzela.

2. Use technology to assist the officials.

If the NHL and their sparkling leadership can use technology to review

goal situations, Sepp and the 'progressive' leadership of FIFA can institute some sort of review.

At least the 2014 WC will be telecast during reasonable hours here in the USA.

That's one big reason why the ratings are so impressive....how many people can watch matches at 930am? I would love to see prime time FUTBAL, baby!!

Miked reports on Adu. This article isn't promising.

http://www.yanks-abroad.com/get.php?mode=content&id=6439

That is disappointing. I have read stuff that he was starting to turn the corner in Greece. He is still only 20 and hopefully he learns work ethic and how to be a better teammate. What a waste of talent if he doesn't change his attitude. Can you imagine what an over achiever such as Dempsey could do with Adu's skillset?

That is disappointing. I have read stuff that he was starting to turn the corner in Greece. He is still only 20 and hopefully he learns work ethic and how to be a better teammate. What a waste of talent if he doesn't change his attitude. Can you imagine what an over achiever such as Dempsey could do with Adu's skillset?

I'm really surprised that Freddy didn't go ahead and play with Ghana this year. If it were me and I got dissed by the MNT twice, I'd tell them where to stick it and go play with my "other" country. I was under the impression that Freddy was doing better too, but sounds like the kid just isn't getting enough playing time to hone his game. I don't know, I've seen the guy play on tape quite a bit and he sure looked like someone who can make things happen!