USA World Cup Team 2014

Pete

Can you tell me who's considered elite in Portugal? I only see Portugal ever winning a WC or Euro if Mourinho decides to take over the national team and I don't see that happening.

History means everything. At the end of the day, the Germans and Brazilians will most likely be the ones left standing. Of course the Italians often are as well but this year was just a disaster and a mistake everyone saw from the beginning.

i agree that germany and brazil are the two strongest teams at the moment, but it is based on there current work. However, portugal was 3 rd at the last world cup and got knocked out by germany in the quarters of the last euro championship. so, recent history says they are among the upper echelon. Being knocked by Spain in the round of 16, it must be a disappointment for the country.

Aside from Ronald'oh, Pepe and Carvalho are great players that I wish the US had more guys like.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gooch?

Really?

Sure. Really. Give the guy a chance to fully recover from his torn knee tendon. The Gooch you saw (briefly) in this WC is not the true Gooch. When fit, he is a top notch defender.

I would also make the case for Benny Feilhaber if he stays healthy and can latch on somewhere where he can see good competition.

Here's the #1 guy to look out for: Stuart Holden. He's 25 now. He has the skills, the touch, the vision, the creativity. This was not his year due to an already crowded midfield and the fact that he was coming off a broken ankle. He will be a big star by 2014.

Is it Andy Najar, 17 year old playing for DC United now? See this link:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/sto...5901&ver=us

YES, thank you....that's why I couldn't remember where I read the article....it was an MLS piece lol.

I have yet to see him play, but supposedly he's got some ridiculous skills. :thumbsup: