Optimistic, Excited Bills fans...click here!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got your back....Go Bills! thanks for the fresh air.

I'm old enough to have experienced the ups and downs of the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and now...

And it's NEVER been worse! But I'll be there as usual, but I've never been so down about an upcoming season.

It's like there's nothing to look forward to, I'm hoping I'm wrong, but, zzzzzzzzz boring zzzzzzzzzzz!

Can Spiller save the season, and become a phenom? I hope so!

Is there anywhere else we can dominate in any way?

3 QB's and no starter... The 3-4 could be exciting, hopefully!

The only thing in BUFFALO you can count on, is there's going to be one lleh of a party before during and after the game!

I try to keep a positive attitude about life in general. There is no need to fret over things that are out of your control, like rumors of layoffs that always seem to circulate through my work. You can only go in and do the best job you can day in and day out....after that you hope for the best.

With the Bills, I still keep my optimism up for the begining of the year. For the past 10 years it gets a little harder to get behind them year after year of missing the playoffs, when you still see what all fans see as weak positions that have not been upgraded. The truth of the matter is that with the collective bargaining agreement coming to an end and the fact that we had WAY to many glaring needs to be addressed in the draft I truely think that we did a decent job going after talent and not killing our future. The cards were stacked against us and we pulled together some solid players.

Let's be honest with ourselves here, we could not have done enough with free agent signings to be a super bowl contender. We are all sick of the rebuilding process that has been going on since I could barely grow hair on my chin but we need to do things the right way and that is through the draft. It won't make this year that much easier but I do think we will be competitive. I can already see the threads if we miss the playoffs by a week 17 mishap that we should have signed this guy or that guy and our team is a disaster. Have faith Bills Faithful, we will get to the glory days sooner before later.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It just goes to show you. My thread has been up for a few hours and even though the thread title calls for excited and optimistic Bll Fans, the thread is peppered with grief, misery and doom.

I think there may be no hope. I'm guessing in the coming years, the superbowl after party in downtown Buffalo will be attended by all these negative posters proclaiming 'all along I supported the Bills...through thick and thin'

Back to your apocalyptic countdown calenders. Jackals! ;)

Dude, I love the Bills. Every year I am excited about the season. By the end of June, I have forgotten all the crap from last season, and am getting fired up for this season. Even more so this season because we finally have a COACH who I believe understands what it takes to win in the NFL. I love football. The Bills are my team. They will always be my team. They are a huge part of me. Simple as that. Season starts in 11 weeks. Training camp starts in about a month. I will be up in Buffalo with my daughter over the weekend when training camp starts visiting my mother. She is 69 years old and loves the Bills. We will go to St. Johns Fisher and watch a practice. I have never been there. I will be there with my mother and my daughter who is 12. Three generations of Bills fans watching OUR team. I am getting excited about it just writing this. I will be passionate about this team as long as I live, and hope to share that with my grandkids one day.

Paup1995MVP, I am with you every step of the way! I simply love this team and will NOT be swayed by the vultures hovering around what they believe is a dead venture in 2010. Personally, the ray of hope is alive due to the feeling I have about the last two draft classes. I think they are cornerstone types, and in my mind, this team only needs one or two more to turn the corner quickly. The weaknesses exist, however, they are reasons to believe this staff can make chicken salad out of chicken..... by coaching up guys like Brian Brohm, Demitrius Bell, James Hardy and Aaron Maybin to name a few!! Keep the faith Bills fans, the future is going to be bright!

I'm old enough to have experienced the ups and downs of the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and now...

And it's NEVER been worse! But I'll be there as usual, but I've never been so down about an upcoming season.

It's like there's nothing to look forward to, I'm hoping I'm wrong, but, zzzzzzzzz boring zzzzzzzzzzz!

Can Spiller save the season, and become a phenom? I hope so!

Is there anywhere else we can dominate in any way?

3 QB's and no starter... The 3-4 could be exciting, hopefully!

The only thing in BUFFALO you can count on, is there's going to be one lleh of a party before during and after the game!

Very good honest post and I appreciate that.

I try to keep a positive attitude about life in general. There is no need to fret over things that are out of your control, like rumors of layoffs that always seem to circulate through my work. You can only go in and do the best job you can day in and day out....after that you hope for the best.

With the Bills, I still keep my optimism up for the begining of the year. For the past 10 years it gets a little harder to get behind them year after year of missing the playoffs, when you still see what all fans see as weak positions that have not been upgraded. The truth of the matter is that with the collective bargaining agreement coming to an end and the fact that we had WAY to many glaring needs to be addressed in the draft I truely think that we did a decent job going after talent and not killing our future. The cards were stacked against us and we pulled together some solid players.

Let's be honest with ourselves here, we could not have done enough with free agent signings to be a super bowl contender. We are all sick of the rebuilding process that has been going on since I could barely grow hair on my chin but we need to do things the right way and that is through the draft. It won't make this year that much easier but I do think we will be competitive. I can already see the threads if we miss the playoffs by a week 17 mishap that we should have signed this guy or that guy and our team is a disaster. Have faith Bills Faithful, we will get to the glory days sooner before later.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good post.

Dude, I love the Bills. Every year I am excited about the season. By the end of June, I have forgotten all the crap from last season, and am getting fired up for this season. Even more so this season because we finally have a COACH who I believe understands what it takes to win in the NFL. I love football. The Bills are my team. They will always be my team. They are a huge part of me. Simple as that. Season starts in 11 weeks. Training camp starts in about a month. I will be up in Buffalo with my daughter over the weekend when training camp starts visiting my mother. She is 69 years old and loves the Bills. We will go to St. Johns Fisher and watch a practice. I have never been there. I will be there with my mother and my daughter who is 12. Three generations of Bills fans watching OUR team. I am getting excited about it just writing this. I will be passionate about this team as long as I live, and hope to share that with my grandkids one day.

I can feel your enthusiasm and it gave me gooseBumps.

Go Bills

i might be speaking for many here, but there's really no need to apologize for being blunt, because i couldn't make heads or tails out of what you wrote. if that's blunt, you just might be stoned.

jw

Perhaps a reading lesson is needed? Can you comprehed (means make heads or tails out of what's written) that.

Paup1995MVP, I am with you every step of the way! I simply love this team and will NOT be swayed by the vultures hovering around what they believe is a dead venture in 2010. Personally, the ray of hope is alive due to the feeling I have about the last two draft classes. I think they are cornerstone types, and in my mind, this team only needs one or two more to turn the corner quickly. The weaknesses exist, however, they are reasons to believe this staff can make chicken salad out of chicken..... by coaching up guys like Brian Brohm, Demitrius Bell, James Hardy and Aaron Maybin to name a few!! Keep the faith Bills fans, the future is going to be bright!

Right on brother! ;) This is the optimism and Passion that SHOULD be on the boards. We pack the stadiums, show up at the camps, teach our kids team history and should approach each season, ESPECIALLY this season with positive anticipation. I loved the verbage of "will NOT be swayed by the vultures hovering around what they believe is a dead venture in 2010" --THAT is exactly what some do on these boards. They convey doubt, gloom and hopelessness because of the past and past coaches.

I read the forums and threads at Two Bills Drive and no matter what the topic is, posters routinely remind me how bad the Buffalo Bills are.

I'm reminded of the fact that the Bills have no QB. --Trent sucks, Fitz is old, Brohm is a castoff and Levi Brown is not the answer.

I'm reminded of how we screwed up and should have paid Peters or how he was the best LT who ever played the game before he was let go.

I'm remnded of how bad Marv Levy shafted the team (the second time around) for the next 10 years and how Jauron was the devil.

I'm reminded of how Lee Evans is overpaid and is not a true #1 WR.

I'm reminded that Spiller has not played one down of NFL football and was a horrible draft pick.

I'm reminded that Chan is not a big name coach and never had a job offer after he was fired by KC.

Well, you know what. --I'm not buying the 'glass half empty' mentality. I'm a positive person and no matter what, the future always looks bright for me. Bright at home, at work and around one Bills Drive.

I'm not stupid either!--- I know the team has problems, but bit**ing about it ALL THE TIME and finding fault with EVERYTHINHG is not going to do anything to make it different. ---People stick by Obama unconditionally because they voted for the guy and don't want to be associated with the mess were in. However, you call yourselves Bills fans yet knock the team, the owner the coaches and the players daily. ---I don't get it.

Lets start some positive chat on this thread. All the pessimists can stay away and post elsewhere. We are only six weeks away from the Hall of Fame Bowl and about 11 weeks from the start of the 2010 season. Lets get excited!!

I've been in the Military 18 years and live Buffalo Bills Football. --Sure, I get knocked, laughed at and spat on (not really, but it sounded good) but I always wear my colors with pride. I hate when they lose. It hurts. My Mondays are painful, but I stand by the colors through thick and thin. Unconditionally!

This year, I DO have faith in the new regime and its' philosophy of more regimented practices. This year I am excited, to say the least, about Byrd, Spiller, Carrington and Easley. I'm pulling for Trent, hoping he gets his head right with a new offense but I'll root for whoever is behind center. I'm optimistic about the 3-4 even though I know there will be growing pains.

So in closing. --Bills fans, stand up. Be proud. There are brighter days ahead of us. For those of you that have guff with the team and the players, don't taint or poison the spirits of the Billievers on every single thread, about every single topic. Lets type positively (at least on this thread) and allow the optimist fans to have a place to gather.

Go Bills!

After 4 years of Jauron Ball, I'm looking forward to having an offensive minded coach. If Gailey can get production out of QB's like Tomczak, Thigpen, Fielder and Stewart, then I'm confident he can do the same with one of our QB's.

I did 8 years, 8 months in the military before I got medically separated. Like you, I've heard all the ragging (and still do) from being an out-of-town Bills fan, "Wide Right" "Losing 4 Superbowls" "Your team is going to Toronto or LA". IMO, the Bills will finish around 8-8 to 9-7 this year. Nix & Gailey are rebuilding this team and going more with youth. Older guys like C. Green & A. Davis will be stop gaps until Nix can draft other players to replace them. I think Nix is rebuilding this team the right way, but others don't want to hear that. The doom & gloomers expect Ralph to be like Dan Snyder and dump tons of money on free agency...how's Haynesworth working in DC?

i might be speaking for many here, but there's really no need to apologize for being blunt, because i couldn't make heads or tails out of what you wrote. if that's blunt, you just might be stoned.

jw

Sometimes posters quickly tap out responses without proofing their posts. That's okay with me. It's part of the immediate response culture we live in. The cable TV shows in politics, sports and economics give instant analysis before an official statement is even completed. It is not uncommon that even in a vague and hard to decipher posting there is a "kernel" of sound thought. Sometimes you have to dig deep when reading to discorver it. If you still can't find it, keep digging. You might beat the odds and get lucky.

Some time ago you were on WGR55 radio. I enjoyed your contribution. Last week, Tim Graham was co-hosting the show with Howard Simon. After going through each game on the Bills' schedule and predicting the outcomes he projected a record for the Bills at 5-11.

If a poster made the same prediction as TG, who as a profession follows the AFC East, he would be lambasted as being a tiresome pessimist. In my view Tim Graham is a very qualified realist.

So in closing. --Bills fans, stand up. Be proud. There are brighter days ahead of us. For those of you that have guff with the team and the players, don't taint or poison the spirits of the Billievers on every single thread, about every single topic. Lets type positively (at least on this thread) and allow the optimist fans to have a place to gather.

Go Bills!

Right on! ;)

That has always been the one constant about Buffalo Bills football.

19-0!

It's about time! I can't believe it took 2 pages to see this from someone! ;)

Thanks for your post Mr "T" it was absolutely uninspiring and downright boring at best. To top it off, you come accross "holy than thou."

I don't have any expectation for this team - I just hope they will be competitive and give us a memorable win or two. Anything more than that and I'll be an even happier camper. Sorry, I think this philosophy or viewpoint is "lame," boring, uninspiring, etc...When you go to a game do you even cheer? Wake up guy and have some spunk, gonads, and hope the Bills can have more then a memorable win or two....With this kinda attitude I suppose you must have been a huge Dick Juaron fan.

Sorry to be so blunt...Not my intentions to insult anyone but you have to be kidding me with your message. OH I almost forgot "Think before you speak!"

It's responses like this that make me hate the crap out of you.

Amazing, huh? And then he bitches ME out for having low expectations. Wow.

I did spare him the following: "Where's my spunk? Why, it's right there.......dripping off your chin"

and responses like this that make me LMFAO!

Good post.

Hey Troll,

Perhaps the reason you meet so much resentment is because you seem to think you're the Leonard Maltin of the message board. No one really gives a sht whether some obnoxious kid with an overinflated since of importance does or doesn't approve of their post.

How about adding an opinion about the situation or offering a counter point or supporting point, instead of just kissing ass or talking sht. Pls don't stop posting though. Watching you get a new ashole ripped on the regular is becomin my favorite part of visiting the board.

The Bills beat both tteams in the AFC Championship game this past year. They are not nearly as bad as many people here make them out to be.

Remember these same types did run Wade Phillips out of town for not wearing a head set! They are probably a good amount off from being a SB contender but they are very close to being a playoff contender.

I agree with you that there is so much negativity but that is the way message boards are.......if you told people when Marv took over in his two years he would pick two guys that would go to the Pro Bowl most would be happy...however, now he is apparently horrendous.