Bob Bradley AKA Dick Jauron

Since this world cup started I've thought that Bob Bradley has looked a lot like DJ on the sideline. Does anyone else see the resemblance?

Bradley's the only reason we made it this far. He's a terrific coach playing with a lot of very good players and not one terrific one. And it's the terrific ones that win soccer games. At the world cup, every team is filled with very good players. The guys who aren't very good are few and far between.

We've been really well-organized, and it's kept us in games. But we just don't have a Rooney, an Eto'o, or a Messi.

Bradley's the only reason we made it this far. He's a terrific coach playing with a lot of very good players and not one terrific one. And it's the terrific ones that win soccer games. At the world cup, every team is filled with very good players. The guys who aren't very good are few and far between.

We've been really well-organized, and it's kept us in games. But we just don't have a Rooney, an Eto'o, or a Messi.

Gotta disagree. His teams consistently get beat in transition. It is a trend that other teams have picked up on and he's had four years to correct it. It bit us again today and cost us the game. Also, he had some of his best players sitting on the bench to start the game. His tactics and failure to address the defensive deficiencies cost us many games over the years. Today they did not get beat by a better team, but a better coached one.

he makes awful personnel decisions. bornstein, r. clark, findley? come on, that's awful. buddle or dempsey should have been up top with altidore from the beginning. would have liked to see more of stuart holden, and bornstein is awful, anyone but him in the back.

I agree, whole heartedly. Altidore had an opportunity--towards the end of regulation--to do what Gyan did in over time: bull rush his way to the goal, hook or by crook, be a freight train, and bury the ball in the back of the net. Rooney would have done it, Drogba would have done it, etc, etc.

We don't have that guy. Donovan leads begrudgingly, and rightfully so. He's Scottie Pippen. And USA has no Michael Jordan.

Gotta disagree. His teams consistently get beat in transition. It is a trend that other teams have picked up on and he's had four years to correct it. It bit us again today and cost us the game. Also, he had some of his best players sitting on the bench to start the game. His tactics and failure to address the defensive deficiencies cost us many games over the years. Today they did not get beat by a better team, but a better coached one.

I don't know if they got out-couched, but certainly out-played. Otherwise, I agree with the original sentiment: Bradley = Jauron.

he makes awful personnel decisions. bornstein, r. clark, findley? come on, that's awful. buddle or dempsey should have been up top with altidore from the beginning. would have liked to see more of stuart holden, and bornstein is awful, anyone but him in the back.

Agree, +1,000. Again, Bradley = Jauron.

Since this world cup started I've thought that Bob Bradley has looked a lot like DJ on the sideline. Does anyone else see the resemblance?

Been saying that for years that the two look a like. Same stare, but Bradley gets more involved in the game and shows more emotion.

I knew form the beginning of the game that R Clark had no business starting that game and it showed. Not only in the goal that he cause, but form Bradley making a early, early substitution. B Feilhaber should have been there the whole game as well as Edu.

Shame that the run is over, but it was exciting!

Couldn't disagree more. We don't have those top notch playmakers - but we've got more than some other nations in the cup. Coaching is super conservative and not creative at all. The long ball down the middle is just done. I think Bora would have done more with this team. Bradley is just inexperienced in the national arena and it shows.

Agreed. He's awful at picking a side that accentuates the US strengths and counteracts/neutralizes the opposition.

Also agreed. It's almost like he can't get this team to believe in itself. Truth be told this team's luck just ran out. How many times can you concede early and expect to recover.

I don't think this is the best 22 in the country by a long shot. We have better players not in the squad. That being said his son is one hell of a football player.

C

I don't watch too much soccer, but I watched all of the US games this year. Oftentimes when I saw a player exhibit clear talent, speed, and good play it was Dempsey when I got a closer look at them. In the Ghana game I actually noticed somebody that was losing possession a lot and actually stood out as bad, it was Bornstein!

I don't watch too much soccer, but I watched all of the US games this year. Oftentimes when I saw a player exhibit clear talent, speed, and good play it was Dempsey when I got a closer look at them. In the Ghana game I actually noticed somebody that was losing possession a lot and actually stood out as bad, it was Bornstein!

If you lose and show little emotion, you lack passion. If you win and show little emotion, you are stoic and a calm influence.

I don't how much about the US soccer team but they aren't an elite team. Bottomline is players decide games. If one of the US guys finishes a couple of chances or 2 defenders don't get femaled dogged by one guy, the US might win.

The blame the coach for everything mentality is weak. Most times, it's a case of the players not being good enough to get the job done.

The blame the coach for everything mentality is weak.

Interesting take that, since one of the biggest changes the Bills made and the lynch pin of most arguments for the Bills having a successful 2010 campaign is that the Bills changed coaches. Hell, since the owner fired the last coach mid-season, I guess you're really saying that the team is run by the mentally weak.

Interesting take that, since one of the biggest changes the Bills made and the lynch pin of most arguments for the Bills having a successful 2010 campaign is that the Bills changed coaches. Hell, since the owner fired the last coach mid-season, I guess you're really saying that the team is run by the mentally weak.

Oh, here we go with this chicken and egg argument again.

Just like with our Bills, I think the coach gets a tiny pass when it comes to personnel. By the mid-point of 2009, Jauron had a lifeless squad on his hands. That's his fault. He lost them all. And that's why it was time for him to go.

But with US Soccer, like Biscuit says, we simply don't have that guy. Altidore lets himself get man-handled. But that's not indicative of the whole squad, to the extent that it's a coaching issue. Our back line (for the most part) has some real guts and grit.

Up top though, we don't have a guy who'll go balls to the wall and just hammer one home. I don't think you can coach that. Certain players have that mentality, and others simply don't.

Just look at the rest of the world's strikers: Rooney, Drogba, Mesi, Villa, any of these guys would have had AT LEAST one goal yesterday with all the chances our team created. We don't have that opportunistic guy who's always lurking around and cares about nothing other than scoring a goal.

Since our players have shown they can hang with the best of them on every other part of the pitch, I think it's problematic to lay this one at the coach's feet because of the personnel issues we're talking about here.

Yes, our defense has a brain fart or two just about every game, but news flash, so do other teams. If we had finishers, I think we'd routinely see scores of 4-2, 5-3, etc. We just don't have the finishing power to cover up those mistakes.

We can definitely create opportunities, but alas, just ask Bills fans about the "half" wins. They suck.

How about Howard? I also disagree that we have a lot of very good players.

I think we have 1 terrific player (Howard), 2 good players (Dempsey and Donovan) and that's about it really. Outside of a couple good runs Altidore showed nothing (but he is young and has potential). There were zero goals from USA strikers which is a telling stat.

If you want to see a team with a lot of very good players have a look down Argentina's roster

The group the USA was in ended up being very weak. Both teams that managed to make it through lost in their first knockout round games. When it comes to world football, we have a LONG way to go. But the good news is that every year we continue to improve. And once the current 10 year olds grow up I think we will start to be able to challenge some of the better teams.