Bob Bradley AKA Dick Jauron

Oh, here we go with this chicken and egg argument again.

Just like with our Bills, I think the coach gets a tiny pass when it comes to personnel. By the mid-point of 2009, Jauron had a lifeless squad on his hands. That's his fault. He lost them all. And that's why it was time for him to go.

Really? Are you still holding a candle for Dick Jauron? Still think he had the team headed in the right direction? Still think he had nothing to do with establishing the roster of this team after 4 years? Indeed. "Here we go again." :thumbsup:

It's ridiculous. Dick Jauron was a bad coach and built a below average team. He was a failure for the job that needed to be done in Buffalo. After 4 years, the team he had built was worse off than the one he took over. The plan failed, despite the hope that Jauron was every bit as good as Bill Belichick. Failure is why he got fired.

Everyone knows coaches like Barry Switzer and George Seifert did well with stacked rosters oozing talent. So what? Arguments that Jauron would've been a "good coach" in the same situation are nothing more than idle speculation; the Bills didn't and don't have a loaded roster of veterans and a proven system. The Bills didn't need a coach that may or may not have been adequate in a maintenance situation, they need someone that will turn the ship and create an atmosphere were success is expected and contagious.

Really? Are you still holding a candle for Dick Jauron? Still think he had the team headed in the right direction? Still think he had nothing to do with establishing the roster of this team after 4 years? Indeed. "Here we go again." :thumbsup:

It's ridiculous. Dick Jauron was a bad coach and built a below average team. He was a failure for the job that needed to be done in Buffalo. After 4 years, the team he had built was worse off than the one he took over. The plan failed, despite the hope that Jauron was every bit as good as Bill Belichick. Failure is why he got fired.

Everyone knows coaches like Barry Switzer and George Seifert did well with stacked rosters oozing talent. So what? Arguments that Jauron would've been a "good coach" in the same situation are nothing more than idle speculation; the Bills didn't and don't have a loaded roster of veterans and a proven system. The Bills didn't need a coach that may or may not have been adequate in a maintenance situation, they need someone that will turn the ship and create an atmosphere were success is expected and contagious.

Wow, you just wrote a bunch of words to counteract a point that was never made, nor even alluded to.

Wow, you just wrote a bunch of words to counteract a point that was never made, nor even alluded to.

By the way, you wrote a bunch of words about soccer in your reply, which had nothing to do with my post.

I think your "chicken and egg" comment wasn't all that deep. You want to lay the blame on the lack of talent, etc. rather than the coaching. Fine. Whatever.

By the way, you wrote a bunch of words about soccer in your reply, which had nothing to do with my post.

I think your "chicken and egg" comment wasn't all that deep. You want to lay the blame on the lack of talent, etc. rather than the coaching. Fine. Whatever.

Well, you likened Biscuit's soccer talk back to the Bills, i landed somewhere in between.

Biscuit said we don't have the right players, but that being mentally weak was the fault of coaching. I say we don't have the player with the kind of born-in mentality, which doesn't speak to coaching.

I said very little about the Bills because Jauron or no Jauron, I've always been of the impression that just a dynamic quarterback alone would translate to two or three more wins each year. That kind of thinking goes hand in hand with my "talent first, then coaching" philosophy that I've championed all along.

It's because of that philosophy that I at least gave Jauron a sporting chance (unlike some, a hem a hem). Also, I never thought I could fairly defend my talent-first philosophy because of the rash of injuries we had over the years.

I did, however, get to a point last year where Jauron just wasn't cutting it for me. You can pat yourself on the back about being right all along when it came to babying players (which undoubtedly led to injuries), but as is often the critique of the undying TSW pessimism, hind sight is 20/20, and that theory wasn't really proven until just a few weeks ago.