Vick Possibly In HOT Water Again

H2o

A good friend of mine got a DUI and swore off drinking when he drives somewhere, not even a single beer kind of thing. And this is a guy who really enjoys to have a drink with his friends...to this day, I have never seen him ever violate that despite being around people drinking it up when he has had to drive there. Why...because he has a lot to lose if he drinks and gets pulled over and its not worth it...doesnt keep him from watching football with us at the bar when he has driven there despite others drinking.

I like when people make incredible logical leaps that their 'friend' is just like someone else.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dungy: "Hey Mike, you know it's bad to smoke drugs, smuggle them through airports, have unprotected sex with dozens of women, commit assult by knowingly having sex with a teenage girl and concealing that you have STDs, concealing your identity from medical and law officials, running an organized illegal gambling ring across state lines, doing business with known fellons, commiting tax fraud, throwing innocent creatures in a 5 foot ring to fight to the death, facilitating violent raping of those animals, then taking a few hundred dogs out to the woods, drowning them, throwing them against giant tree trunks, and strapping car batteries to their head? Right?"

Vick: "Yo' where my Xbox at?"

Dungy: "Good! I'm glad we had this talk and you learned something. Praise Jesus! Here's your stamp."

ROTFLMFAO

I like when people make incredible logical leaps that their 'friend' is just like someone else.

You mean just like the people who make "incredible logical leaps" that because alcohol is served there he must have been drinking it? Or the ones making "incredible logical leaps", despite no reports actually implicating him in any reinstatement violations or broken laws, that he must be guilty essemtially because he is M. Vick...

The funniest thing about your response is that it was the exact reason why I wrote what I wrote about my friend yet you somehow missed that point.

You mean just like the people who make "incredible logical leaps" that because alcohol is served there he must have been drinking it? Or the ones making "incredible logical leaps", despite no reports actually implicating him in any reinstatement violations or broken laws, that he must be guilty essemtially because he is M. Vick...

The funniest thing about your response is that it was the exact reason why I wrote what I wrote about my friend yet you somehow missed that point.

Vick's a habitual criminal...not that far a leap to think he was doing something he legally wasn't allowed to do

Vick's a habitual criminal...not that far a leap to think he was doing something he legally wasn't allowed to do

Habitual criminal? Seems a bit extreme to label him that. Honestly, I cant stand Vick personally, and I am not about to make excuses for him and actually hate what he did. However, habitual criminal is a bit extreme. He has not done one thing since his release from prison that shows him to be a "habitual criminal"...

I get people hate what he did, and so do I, but I also don't think it qualifies him as a habitual criminal, especially given how accepted it was in his cultural upbringing.

I guess because I have seen so many people make 180's in their life (and many worse than Vick) and have been part of some of those transformations through some volunteer work I do that I prefer to have all the information before I make my assumptions on people or label them.

Habitual criminal? Seems a bit extreme to label him that. Honestly, I cant stand Vick personally, and I am not about to make excuses for him and actually hate what he did. However, habitual criminal is a bit extreme. He has not done one thing since his release from prison that shows him to be a "habitual criminal"...

I get people hate what he did, and so do I, but I also don't think it qualifies him as a habitual criminal, especially given how accepted it was in his cultural upbringing.

I guess because I have seen so many people make 180's in their life (and many worse than Vick) and have been part of some of those transformations through some volunteer work I do that I prefer to have all the information before I make my assumptions on people or label them.

drugs at the airport...6 years committing vicious crimes...looks pretty habitual

As far as the ones who've made 180's, odds are that each of them showed remorse either before being locked up or at least after getting out..Vick still thinks of himself as a victim "It's unfortunate this happened to me" are words that come out of his mouth frequently

A list I found online regarding Vick's record with the police:

# Weed/marijuana hidden in the bottom of a water bottle at the Miami airport.

#

Drug raids at a house he owned (which lead to fed finding a... )

#

Dog fighting ring and animal cruelty towards 60 dogs in a house he owned.

#

Settled a lawsuit filed by a former girlfriend who said he knowingly gave her a sexually transmitted disease.

#

Vick surrounded himself with unsavory associates, two with criminal records for drug trafficking.

#

Two friends of Vick pocketed someone's fancy watch at the Atlanta airport, the watch's owner said a Falcons executive offered him money to keep Vick's name out of a police report.

add of course last this latest nonsense. Seems pretty habitual to me.

#

#

#

Settled a lawsuit filed by a former girlfriend who said he knowingly gave her a sexually transmitted disease.

#

Vick surrounded himself with unsavory associates, two with criminal records for drug trafficking.

#

Two friends of Vick pocketed someone's fancy watch at the Atlanta airport, the watch's owner said a Falcons executive offered him money to keep Vick's name out of a police report.

He's just a victim in all of this. Ask him, he'll tell you so.

#

#

#

#

#

I already said I dont like the guy...and I know his rap sheet...but this was before he was imprisoned and given a chance to rehabilitate himself and make changes in his life...all I am saying is that until he has been shown to have done something wrong now that he has served his time and been given a second chance to learn from his past then I think its extreme to call him habitual...

I already said I dont like the guy...and I know his rap sheet...but this was before he was imprisoned and given a chance to rehabilitate himself and make changes in his life...all I am saying is that until he has been shown to have done something wrong now that he has served his time and been given a second chance to learn from his past then I think its extreme to call him habitual...

Habitual implies criminal activity being a common occurrence. There's always going to be an argument as to what "common" means--it's a very elastic word. He's habitually in trouble with the law, he's habitually a "person of interest" in criminal cases....unfortunately he's also habitually rich enough to buy himself out of trouble. For my money a sure sign of Vick being a habitual criminal is the varied amount of offenses. It's not like Big Ben's annual rape trial (which is it's own habitual little problem), Vick has issues with drugs, sex, gambling and violence. That signifies a deeply troubled mindset. It's a borderline sociopathic (not really a word, but whatever) worldview that will end with this guy doing more jail time at some point in the future.

#

#

#

#

#

It's unfortunate these things all happened to me

Habitual implies criminal activity being a common occurrence. There's always going to be an argument as to what "common" means--it's a very elastic word. He's habitually in trouble with the law, he's habitually a "person of interest" in criminal cases....unfortunately he's also habitually rich enough to buy himself out of trouble. For my money a sure sign of Vick being a habitual criminal is the varied amount of offenses. It's not like Big Ben's annual rape trial (which is it's own habitual little problem), Vick has issues with drugs, sex, gambling and violence. That signifies a deeply troubled mindset. It's a borderline sociopathic (not really a word, but whatever) worldview that will end with this guy doing more jail time at some point in the future.

I hear ya and dont see anything wrong with what you are saying...for me though its that I have seen people worse than this guy make 180's after going through what he went through and getting a wake up call to just how destructive their behavior was and how many poor choices they made. For someone to be habitual to me would be someone who continues to go back to those ways...and until some information comes out indicating he has, I am not just personally prepared to label him a habitual criminal.

I still cant stand the guy though...but I just choose to seperate that from the discussion and look at only what is known...and right now, nothing is known to have occured to implicate him in anything yet. Like I said though, if it turns out he was involved, then drop the hammer on this guy and I would agree he is habitual.

#

#

#

#

#

No drugs found in that bottle.

A settled lawsuit is not a crime.

Surrounding yourself with criminals is not a crime.

Having a friend who is a thief is not a crime.

Carry on.

No drugs found in that bottle.

A settled lawsuit is not a crime.

Surrounding yourself with criminals is not a crime.

Having a friend who is a thief is not a crime.

Carry on.

Bahahahahahahahahaha! Vick is just a Vick-tim!

Now I truly HAVE seen everything. Carry on, Hyppocrites.

Bahahahahahahahahaha! Vick is just a Vick-tim!

Now I truly HAVE seen everything. Carry on, Hyppocrites.

No, just pointing out the obvious misstatements in that post.

You can revise history at your leisure--it works for you, doc.

Everyone else can see that I am no supporter of Vick. He's a crappy passer and a punk.

Everyone else can see that I am no supporter of Vick. He's a crappy passer and a punk.

Funny. There were no charges filed against Hardy and no one else but a 70-year old woman saw this gun that he allegedly pulled on his father. There were also no witnesses to Lynch drinking and no incriminating evidence against him the night of the "hit and run," and the pot he was allegedly smoking was never found, much less was he charged with it. Yet I didn't hear you ONCE defend him the way you did Vick. Why do you suppose that is?

Im with you...dont like the dude on or off the field...but that doesnt make him a habitual criminal

Im with you...dont like the dude on or off the field...but that doesnt make him a habitual criminal

The point I was trying to make to WEO (and it can apply to any posters who bashed Hardy and Lynch and are defending Vick, or "setting the record straight" as the case may be) is that he didn't apply the same standard to Hardy or Lynch, despite lack of evidence in their cases. And neither did anything remotely close to what Vick did. Yet he went out of his way to fabricate fantastic scenarios as to why there was no evidence, while he went out of his way to defend Vick (and if you know WEO, if he doesn't care, he won't respond).

even if you leave out the other stuff that was mentioned, 6 years of committing the same vicious crimes? That's a habit