38-38 in the fifth set???

ricojes

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is ridiculous. Isner can't run, but Mahut can't return his serves.

Every once in a while one of them seemed to get a little energy. Isner had a couple of match points when it was about 34-33 or so. At times I thought that Mahut looked like he had more energy but then Isner would blast a few aces.

Just an incredible match. :censored::thumbsup::wallbash:

One match called, due to darkness, 2 days running???

Incredible! Too bad someone has to lose. I think they should both be given a pass to the next round, just because..

I don't think anyone who cannot score two consecutive points deserves a pass to the next round.

I don't think anyone who cannot score two consecutive points deserves a pass to the next round.

I though this as well and then saw that these were 118 (and counting as it is now 63-63) full games. The whole love-15, 15-15, 30-15 etc. kind.

Holy crap. Think about this, a normal 5 set match that goes 6-4 in each set would be 50 games. They have now played 126 in this one set, plus 45 in the previous 4 sets.

Now it must be said that there have been over 200 aces. Both are serving over 120 miles an hour. Let some damned air out of the ball for god sake. Their just standing there blowing the ball by each other.

I actually am at a point of thinking this is beyond ridiculous and they both should be kicked out 0:)

Now they're just flarking with us.

I agree, now 65-65. I'm ready to call Shannanagins!!! Its ace after ace. I think their trying not to win.

In reality, neither seem to be able to return a serve, thus they each win their serve. Once one of them is broken it will end on the next game.

I agree, now 65-65. I'm ready to call Shannanagins!!! Its ace after ace. I think their trying not to win.

In reality, neither seem to be able to return a serve, thus they each win their serve. Once one of them is broken it will end on the next game.

Funny they were able to return serve to some degree the first 4 sets. We're getting punked, methinks.

Funny they were able to return serve to some degree the first 4 sets. We're getting punked, methinks.

I just looked at the match stats. There have been 2 breaks in this whole match in only 16 opportunities. (In over 200 games!!!) I'm ready to stand up and say these guys both suck. They can do nothing but serve. This is a perfect storm of suckatude with these two pitted against each other.

It's not points in the 5th set. They need to win by 2 games.

Shows how long it's been since I watched a full tennis match. And I used to love tennis. Hell there are a lot of sports I used to love but can't sit through a full game/match.

I just looked at the match stats. There have been 2 breaks in this whole match in only 16 opportunities. (In over 200 games!!!) I'm ready to stand up and say these guys both suck. They can do nothing but serve. This is a perfect storm of suckatude with these two pitted against each other.

At this point, I think they should be given pistols, back to back, walk 25 paces & shoot. What the hell.