What's the coolest "Bills thing" you ever did?

OK,

...so we are probably in the slowest part of the season or close to it right now. And I am bored with the lack of things to talk or read about. I have never started a thread before as I have never really thought of anything original to say. But I was thinking the other day, I have some great Bills memories. And as much as some of you guys get on my nerves sometimes and I may disagree with you, you just might be cool in your own way and I just don't know it. so here is a chance for all of us to get to know each other a little better and share some good tales and just enjoy the comaraderie for a change. After all, though it doesn't always seem that way, we ARE ON THE SAME TEAM! Go BILLS!

So obviously, i have to start. I've got 2 I'd like to share.

The absolute coolest thing I have ever done as a Bills fan takes me back down to Tampa, Fl for the first superbowl against the Giants in 91. I was a young lad of about 21 and had just moved down to tampa in october of 90. I had started a furniture moving company up here in Rochester a couple years earlier and hated the snow so much, or working in it anyways, that I wanted to try my luck in Florida. So anyway, I had a 24' moving truck with no lettering on it sitting in my front yard. And then one day, a brilliant idea came to me. why not paint the truck up with Bills stuff and drive it down to the stadium for the game.

So I proceeded to go buy some red and blue window paint(didnt need white as that was the color of the truck), the kind they use at car dealerships and such. I grabbed a yard stick and some tape and went to town on the truck. On one side, I painted a huge blue charging buffalo with a red stripe and wrote AFC champs next to it. And on the other side, I made a huge flag that took up a good portion of the side. I even made sure there was the right amount of stars on it. And next to that, I wrote "Our Hearts Are With You Troops". It came out awesome I really must say. And on the back I think I just wrote the bills, afc champs.

Come Superbowl sunday, I drove that sucker on down to the stadium. I can remember watching the helicopter gunships with machine guns at the ready circling around. It was just a surreal day. As I got closer to the stadium, I can't tell you how many Bills fans, and even a few giant fans, stopped to take a picture in front of my truck. It was just an incredible, once in a lifetime moment and I am pretty sure nothing is going to top it. I almost bought a scalped ticket but it was 500 bucks and a little too much for me at the moment. So I watched the game outside on a huge screen they put up at the mall next to tampa stadium with about 5,000 people, about half bills fans, half giants fans. I can remember holding hands with people at the end, waiting for history to make itself. And well, we all know how that day ended. I think i cried, but not really sure. I was so damn drunk at that point. don't know how I got the truck home either. But alas, I am still here to tell you about my best Bills day ever.

I know noone likes novels(but at least I am using paragraphs!), so I'll make # 2 short and sweet.

...a few years back, the last times the bills swept the Dolphins, or the time before that (it's all a blur), i was sitting with my buddy in our season seats, corner endzone Bills side near the scoreboard about 12 rows up. Anyway, I tell my buddy, i really wish i had a broom cuz we're gonna sweep these fu##ers!. now we are at the ralph. No way will I ever get my broom. So halftime, or sometime cuz I'd be lieing if I said I knew when, my buddy goes to get us some beers. When he gets back, lo and behold, he has a frigging broom with him! How the Hell? don't ask me how, but he found a janitors closet and stole the broom. How cool was that?!

Needless to say, we swept the phins that day. After the game, we stayed and partied it up in the parking lot like good fans do. And then,.....the dolphins bus came rumbling towards us down the road. I ran up next to it and started waiving the broom back and forth. oh man they had to of been pissed! that was AWESOME! what a day! :thumbsup:

ok boys, and girls(at least cablelady and lori-are there more?), those are the coolest Bills things i have done. sorry so long. Have at it. and go BILLS!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to a sports bar to watch Superbowl XXV.

The sports bar was a Giants bar. In the greater NYC area. Me and my big mouth, and 150 Giants fans.

Wait...coolest? I thought you said "stupidest". Never mind.

Bills v Raiders playoff game in 94, it was certainly the coldest Bills thing I have ever done. I believe it may have been one of the coldest game in NFL history.

Anyway, what a game. I remeber being in the parking lot when a van pulls up, slides its doors open and four or five pieces of wood are tossed out. Lighter fluid follows and then a pack of matches. Four guys fall out of the truck and start drinking and playing hockey. I thought, this is Bills Football. The game was so cold, the guy sitting in front of me had a massive beard with icicles covering his entire face. He turned to me and pulled a bottle of Jack from his jacket through his beard ( think Dan Akroyd in Trading Places, hammered on the bus eating salmon) and said 'you're goin to need some of this' Awesome.

Still living in Buffalo. In my 20s. I was dating this great, really hot girl, and it was getting serious. One day in bed, for the first time, she looked me in the eye and summoned the strength to say she loved me. The first time either of us had said it. And I looked her back in the eye, at one of the most heartfelt moments of my life, and said, "I love The Bills."

True story, and many of my friends favorite story about me.

We stayed together for quite some time after, and actually lived together. So she knew I was totally serious. :thumbsup:

My last few years of highschool playing bass guitar for my high school band and being named the official band of the bills. That was an experience I will never forget. Especially the Monday night game vs Dallas. Being down on that field pregame was just incredible. I still get chills thinking about the energy in that stadium. I mean, we played 7 games a season there for the last few seasons, and I have NEVER heard that stadium as loud as it was that night. I can only imagine what would happen if we were to wind up with a home game in the playoffs.

OK,

...so we are probably in the slowest part of the season or close to it right now. And I am bored with the lack of things to talk or read about. I have never started a thread before as I have never really thought of anything original to say. But I was thinking the other day, I have some great Bills memories. And as much as some of you guys get on my nerves sometimes and I may disagree with you, you just might be cool in your own way and I just don't know it. so here is a chance for all of us to get to know each other a little better and share some good tales and just enjoy the comaraderie for a change. After all, though it doesn't always seem that way, we ARE ON THE SAME TEAM! Go BILLS!

So obviously, i have to start. I've got 2 I'd like to share.

The absolute coolest thing I have ever done as a Bills fan takes me back down to Tampa, Fl for the first superbowl against the Giants in 91. I was a young lad of about 21 and had just moved down to tampa in october of 90. I had started a furniture moving company up here in Rochester a couple years earlier and hated the snow so much, or working in it anyways, that I wanted to try my luck in Florida. So anyway, I had a 24' moving truck with no lettering on it sitting in my front yard. And then one day, a brilliant idea came to me. why not paint the truck up with Bills stuff and drive it down to the stadium for the game.

So I proceeded to go buy some red and blue window paint(didnt need white as that was the color of the truck), the kind they use at car dealerships and such. I grabbed a yard stick and some tape and went to town on the truck. On one side, I painted a huge blue charging buffalo with a red stripe and wrote AFC champs next to it. And on the other side, I made a huge flag that took up a good portion of the side. I even made sure there was the right amount of stars on it. And next to that, I wrote "Our Hearts Are With You Troops". It came out awesome I really must say. And on the back I think I just wrote the bills, afc champs.

Come Superbowl sunday, I drove that sucker on down to the stadium. I can remember watching the helicopter gunships with machine guns at the ready circling around. It was just a surreal day. As I got closer to the stadium, I can't tell you how many Bills fans, and even a few giant fans, stopped to take a picture in front of my truck. It was just an incredible, once in a lifetime moment and I am pretty sure nothing is going to top it. I almost bought a scalped ticket but it was 500 bucks and a little too much for me at the moment. So I watched the game outside on a huge screen they put up at the mall next to tampa stadium with about 5,000 people, about half bills fans, half giants fans. I can remember holding hands with people at the end, waiting for history to make itself. And well, we all know how that day ended. I think i cried, but not really sure. I was so damn drunk at that point. don't know how I got the truck home either. But alas, I am still here to tell you about my best Bills day ever.

I know noone likes novels(but at least I am using paragraphs!), so I'll make # 2 short and sweet.

...a few years back, the last times the bills swept the Dolphins, or the time before that (it's all a blur), i was sitting with my buddy in our season seats, corner endzone Bills side near the scoreboard about 12 rows up. Anyway, I tell my buddy, i really wish i had a broom cuz we're gonna sweep these fu##ers!. now we are at the ralph. No way will I ever get my broom. So halftime, or sometime cuz I'd be lieing if I said I knew when, my buddy goes to get us some beers. When he gets back, lo and behold, he has a frigging broom with him! How the Hell? don't ask me how, but he found a janitors closet and stole the broom. How cool was that?!

Needless to say, we swept the phins that day. After the game, we stayed and partied it up in the parking lot like good fans do. And then,.....the dolphins bus came rumbling towards us down the road. I ran up next to it and started waiving the broom back and forth. oh man they had to of been pissed! that was AWESOME! what a day! :thumbsup:

ok boys, and girls(at least cablelady and lori-are there more?), those are the coolest Bills things i have done. sorry so long. Have at it. and go BILLS!

Well at least I won't feel guilty replying as I write novels too!...lol....

#1 Going to a Bills/Miami playoff game in Miami with my Wife and young daughter back in the early 90's when we had Flutie/R. Johnson. Can't remember the year, but in the end we lost a close game...a fumble or something near the goal line I believe. Anyways, We drove 24 hours to get to Miami, and did it in about 28hours or so. I did most of the driving and was exhausted. We had our minivan decorated with Bills writing and paraphanalia. When we got on I-95 in Florida we suddenly started to get a hard time! People were purposely messing with us, switching into my lane just barely in front of us without turning signals like they were trying to cut us off...It was horrible...Different vehicles would mess with us, and keep trying to cut us off. Then as we started to get closer people were swinging their dolphins out the window trying to outdo us. When we got within a few miles of their stadium it was pooring rain like a monsoon! I had to get gas and parked under a partial covering. I decided to use my credit/debit bank card instead of going back and forth with cash. The cashier told me that their was a problem with my card and step inside. I was getting drenched of course and you could tell the two punky guys thought they were funny. So I get back outside (I really needed gas bad)..and the pump begins and then stops and one of the guys told me they had to reset the pump and to step inside again...I do so and get more drenched! I'm trying not to show how p.offed I am getting....We played this game a time or two more and finally they let me get gas and be off. I pull into the stadium parking lot and I guess I was a little earlier than security liked so they told me to come back in about an hour. I drove around and wasted some time...and now I was two hours before game time as instructed. I drove to the will call parking lot and security turned on the lights and sirens on their SUV. They followed me and stopped me even though I wasn't doing anything at all wrong. They asked me a few questions and I told them that I was picking up my tickets at Will Call. They responded by telling me to come back tomorrow they are closed! I explained that it was game day morning and I needed my tickets prior to the game..but they messed with me a little more...Finally they let me proceed to will call and I picked up my tickets. Unfortunately, there was a mix up they said with my tickets and they put me in the endzone almost right next to their team mascot. Some Roman like guy that kept pointing at me and my family (yes we had our bills shirts and hats on). By this time I was exhausted from the drive and really wanted to be left alone. The usher asked to see our tickets as we walked down to our seats. I remember that older guy saying that we needed to take our seats and be quiet. He told us (me in particular) that if he saw me standing up or yelling or anything that I would be removed from the stadium. We quietly sat down and kept quiet as we were in enemy territory and were receiving derogatory comments already from the fans. People were throwing peanuts and empty cups at us without any cause, except we had Bills shirts on. This continued throughout the game and then every few minutes their mascot would point at me and so would would many of their fans! They were yelling stuff at me and I just kept quiet and hoped the Bills would win. After it was obvious we blew it and were going to lose people were rubbing our noses in it even more, throwing more stuff at us and yelling obsenities as well. We went to our car quickly and I removed all the Bills writing and stuff on the sides of the vehicle. People would still mess with us when they saw our license was from NY State and their were probably license frames saying Bills or Sabres on them. It was a long ride back and as far as I am concerned I hate the Fins and always will! Later, I will give story #2 and 3...but my fingers are worn out now! squish the fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went to the last Super Bowl in Atlanta after the 1994 season. Took a charter through Small World Travel. They couldn't get game tickets at last minute and there was a huge uproar. We decided to go down anyway and try to scalp. The morning of the game, we met Tom Jackson in the ESPN hotel where they were broadcasting. Then we ended up sneaking past the guards into the lower levels of the hotel where some Chrysler dealers were getting their tickets. We scalped a pair for $1,000 each...paid in $20s. On the flight home we all decided to file a class action lawsuit against Small World. When we got off the plane, all the local stations were there and wanted to talk about the ticket fiasco. We weren't in the mood to talk, but when Gary Tuchman from CNN approached us, we talked. My buddy and I were part of a really funny piece they did comparing the first and second halves of the game. Still have the broadcast video...its hilarious. Features a couple fat guys in their underwear running thru the snow into a hot tub, and a bunch of drunks in a bar the next morning crying in their beer....literally. Sad situation, but definitely coolest thing I've done regarding the Bills! And we got a few hundred back before Small World went under....bastards.

Got 2: When we beat the Raiders in the 51-3 in a playoff game. WOW! What fun. What a blast...when the game was never in questions and we just pummeled them from start to finish.

Also, went to a playoff game with a friend who's dad was a lawyer for the Bills. Had great seats to a game vs the Jets (1988). We won the division and the fans tore down the goal posts. We just sat back and reveled in all the fun. Good times!! Ahhhh! The good old days when fans could run onto the field without getting tasered or trampled by a horse!!!!!!!!

<I got the best story ever for a Sabres Game. I hesitate to write it because people would not believe it>

The year was 1993 and it was a friday night. Living in Fort Lauderdale, a buddy of mine worked at the Weston Hotel and told me he got late word that the Bills would be staying there for the playoff game against the fins (the game where Miami could not stop the screen to Thurman and got us to the superbowl). Anyhow, I lived about five minutes from the hotel and arrived there and sat in the lobby hoping to get a glimpse of the players.

While there, there was a knock-out babe seated by herself that I started to chat with. She was so pleasant and told me she lived in florida. I told her I was a Bills fan and she told me she was dating one of the players. She didn't want to tell me but finally confessed the player was none other than Jim Kelly. My next line was "Boy, how awesome to fly into a city and have a beautiful woman waiting for you." She was so flattered she took my name and address. About two months later I got an autographed picture from Kelly which I still have this day. I don't know if this became Kelly's wife but she was a real catch.

Anyhow, the players arrived on the team bus and it was a thrill for me to stand right next to them. I remember seeing Andre Reed, Henry Jones, Carwell Gardner, Bruce Smith, James Lofton, and Nate Odomes. The best part was that there was hardly anyone else in the lobby. The players were very focused and I just knew they would beat the crap out of the Dolphins which they did. I never made it to Buffalo to see a game during the glory years but watched all that were televiseds in Ft. Lauderdale. It was really cool to see these guys up close and in person. And the autograph that I didn't really expect arrived which was icing on the cake.

The "coolest" Bills thing I ever did was to deliver the game ball to the center of the field with Ms. Canada riding with me, then getting out and handing the ball to the referee and seeing myself with the ref., Ms. canada, and the Jill of the week on the Jumbotron, and hearing my name announced in the stadium, it was awesome..! They made a Tape of it for me, it was the San Diego game in 2000 where flutie came off the bench to set up the winning field goal in overtime, my wife and twin 11 yr old sons were there with me and got to go on the field and sit on the players bench, they still talk about it to this day, I will never forget the feeling............ :thumbsup:

Well at least I won't feel guilty replying as I write novels too!...lol....

#1 Going to a Bills/Miami playoff game in Miami with my Wife and young daughter back in the early 90's when we had Flutie/R. Johnson. Can't remember the year, but in the end we lost a close game...a fumble or something near the goal line I believe. Anyways, We drove 24 hours to get to Miami, and did it in about 28hours or so. I did most of the driving and was exhausted. We had our minivan decorated with Bills writing and paraphanalia. When we got on I-95 in Florida we suddenly started to get a hard time! People were purposely messing with us, switching into my lane just barely in front of us without turning signals like they were trying to cut us off...It was horrible...Different vehicles would mess with us, and keep trying to cut us off. Then as we started to get closer people were swinging their dolphins out the window trying to outdo us. When we got within a few miles of their stadium it was pooring rain like a monsoon! I had to get gas and parked under a partial covering. I decided to use my credit/debit bank card instead of going back and forth with cash. The cashier told me that their was a problem with my card and step inside. I was getting drenched of course and you could tell the two punky guys thought they were funny. So I get back outside (I really needed gas bad)..and the pump begins and then stops and one of the guys told me they had to reset the pump and to step inside again...I do so and get more drenched! I'm trying not to show how p.offed I am getting....We played this game a time or two more and finally they let me get gas and be off. I pull into the stadium parking lot and I guess I was a little earlier than security liked so they told me to come back in about an hour. I drove around and wasted some time...and now I was two hours before game time as instructed. I drove to the will call parking lot and security turned on the lights and sirens on their SUV. They followed me and stopped me even though I wasn't doing anything at all wrong. They asked me a few questions and I told them that I was picking up my tickets at Will Call. They responded by telling me to come back tomorrow they are closed! I explained that it was game day morning and I needed my tickets prior to the game..but they messed with me a little more...Finally they let me proceed to will call and I picked up my tickets. Unfortunately, there was a mix up they said with my tickets and they put me in the endzone almost right next to their team mascot. Some Roman like guy that kept pointing at me and my family (yes we had our bills shirts and hats on). By this time I was exhausted from the drive and really wanted to be left alone. The usher asked to see our tickets as we walked down to our seats. I remember that older guy saying that we needed to take our seats and be quiet. He told us (me in particular) that if he saw me standing up or yelling or anything that I would be removed from the stadium. We quietly sat down and kept quiet as we were in enemy territory and were receiving derogatory comments already from the fans. People were throwing peanuts and empty cups at us without any cause, except we had Bills shirts on. This continued throughout the game and then every few minutes their mascot would point at me and so would would many of their fans! They were yelling stuff at me and I just kept quiet and hoped the Bills would win. After it was obvious we blew it and were going to lose people were rubbing our noses in it even more, throwing more stuff at us and yelling obsenities as well. We went to our car quickly and I removed all the Bills writing and stuff on the sides of the vehicle. People would still mess with us when they saw our license was from NY State and their were probably license frames saying Bills or Sabres on them. It was a long ride back and as far as I am concerned I hate the Fins and always will! Later, I will give story #2 and 3...but my fingers are worn out now! squish the fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...but do you feel guilty about not using paragraphs? lol good story, glad you made it out alive. i know Miami can get crazy.

philly game '96 i i banged your sister in the stall.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

my sisters dead man. but thanks for your wonderful reply! :w00t:

O.J. waved in my direction at the Buffalo airport the day before that freezing cold Raider playoff game in January, 1994.

The gloves fit that day.

:thumbsup:

The following spring, Tim McVeigh's sister was in one of my classes at Buffalo State. Sat next to me, in fact.

Some point late in the semester she kinda disappeared... :w00t:

philly game '96 i i banged your sister in the stall.

:thumbsup::w00t::thumbsup:

That was your sister dude? I was probably the fifth to do her and the line was wrapped around the corner. I cant really say that was my best bills experience. The last time we beat the Patriots at the home opener was the best. Man, do I hate the Patsies.

I used to live in Edinboro, Pa, when the Bills would have their scrimmage against the Browns and a few practices. I just walked right out on the field and watched them practice, and hung out at the fieldhouse with them in between. There was no security, I just walked right in. Larry Centers was great to the kids. He would see a group of kids and run right up in his pads and talk for a half hour, sign anything, take pictures, whatever.

Tony, after reading your story, I'm pissed off. Those !@#$ing classless fish.

If I could just choke out several dozen thousand Miami and New England fans, I would feel a lot better.

A couple of years ago, after the Bills lost to the Jets with Loseman fumbling for a Jets TD in the last minute, I cancelled my Direct TV contract and my NFL season ticket for the next year. I took that $300 and used it for therapy (filled my booze locker) for 50 years of Bills frustration (including the Monday night last second loss to DalASS and the bozo loss to Cleveland). The Bills can now move to Toronto and who cares.

A mega-dollar job opportunity in the Buffalo area will be psyco-therapy after the Bills move to Toronto. I can just imagine all the nut cases searching for answers. Look to your nearest liquor store...it's there.

Go ahead, keep watching the bumbling bills and you too will learn to throw your Bills mugs around the house while the wife, dogs and cats run for cover..

I was able to go down on the field with sideline passes during the 90s, and was able to see Bruce, Kelly, Thurman etc in action while on the sidelines during the whole game. During the half got to stand in the tunnel with the players walking right past me back out on the field. I was only a teenager at the time, so you could imagine how exciting. Was able to do this 3 times in the 90s....I will never forget that. My relative's company supplied the Bills with his product during the games...

My father told me this story, he does not post, so I will share it.

He was driving home from a class he was taking at UB in the early 80's. There was a monday night game at the Rich. He was headed down the highway and a U-Haul truck passed him, back door wide open. In the back was about 15 guys and a keg of beer. They were obviously on their way to the game. But... just to be safe they had a single strand of rope tied across the opening. He said they were doing about 50-55 mph at the time. Whoever they were, I gotta imagine that is among the coolest Bills things they ever did!