Another Tid Bit On Lynch

H2o

ESPN's Adam Schefter thinks that Marshawn Lynch will be a Bill this season.

Schefter says that with two relatively cheap years left on Lynch's contract, the Bills aren't going to give him up for a fourth-rounder. Schefter adds that Lynch impressed the coaches with his talent after finally showing up last week. Still, we're expecting Fred Jackson and C.J. Spiller is handle the vast majority of touches.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Every season it seems that we have rb's that sit out a few games due to injuries, suspensions or some reason. I'm sure all 3 backs will get their share of touches before the season is out.

Why let a player go that is on his original rookie contract that you have signed through the non cba season as it now stands.

No problem with Lynch but with Spiller on the team it would be in his best interest to be in shape.

I'm of the opinion that Nix knows value, and that holding on to Lynch and putting him in a position to showcase his talents to potentially trade him for a higher round pick next offseason is more what he is going for. Let him be on his best behavior this season to let some of the character issue talk die down, and let's see how this year pans out. Maybe even put a bug in his agent's ear that this would be in both of their best interest. If he gets suspended, or if he sits and pouts, the Bills have already put themselves in a position to deal with life without him, so right now it is about getting value. And if he turns it around and looks good in this offense, you can always trade Jackson next year.

We need to keep several things in mind when second guessing the Bills brain trust with respect to Marshawn. The first is that as far as NFL running backs are concerned he is presently a significant bargain and has put himself in a position where he can't do anything about that.

The second thing is that Fred Jackson, as loveable and talented as he is, is an old man by NFL standards as far as running backs go. Yeah, yeah, he doesn't have a lot of mileage on him, but age slows even the most sparingly used players down a step or two.

My final point, although I am sure others have many more, is that the NFL and NFLPA are negotiating an extension to the CBA. If Marshawn is as good as we think he may be, then it makes sense to hold onto him until his value peaks and some other team becomes motivated to offer value for him after the uncertainty surrounding the CBA is ultimately resolved. Trading him now is highly unlikely to make our team significantly better. Given that, IF you buy into it, the logical thing to do is to hold onto him until an opportunity comes up that WILL make our team better.

Every year, some team gets desperate and does something stupid to try to salvage themselves. Wouldn't it be great if the Bills braintrust put us in a position to not be that team this year?!?!?!

Just my opinion though.

The Marshawn debate is a tricky one regardless which camp you're in. On the one hand he is a talented running back to an extent, and on the other he doesn't want to be here, and is doing very little to bolster his value. Never mind the fact he is a boneHead, his best option is to play this year to improve his value, so both he and the Bills can benefit. Right now he has no trade value, and there aren't many teams looking for a back who has appeared shaky at best in his last season's body of work, coupled with 1 strike away from a long suspension.

If he was smart(which seems to be the one thing I actually question right now), he would try his ass off to win back a lead role on the team, so he could leave if he still wanted. Then the Bills could actually market him to someone.

If he performs well, and cleans up his act a bit, I'd like to see him stay. If he keeps up the nonsense and lower level of play I saw last year, i could care less where he goes, as long as he's not here.

The Marshawn debate is a tricky one regardless which camp you're in. On the one hand he is a talented running back to an extent, and on the other he doesn't want to be here, and is doing very little to bolster his value. Never mind the fact he is a boneHead, his best option is to play this year to improve his value, so both he and the Bills can benefit. Right now he has no trade value, and there aren't many teams looking for a back who has appeared shaky at best in his last season's body of work, coupled with 1 strike away from a long suspension.

If we was smart(which seems to be the one thing I actually question right now), he would try his ass off to win back a lead role on the team, so he could leave if he still wanted. Then the Bills could actually market him to someone.

If he performs well, and cleans up his act a bit, I'd like to see him stay. If he keeps up the nonsense and lower level of play I saw last year, i could care less where he goes, as long as he's not here.

The Bills really need to convince him and his agent that they are NOT trading him, and he's going to be here for two years, whether or not that is going to be the ultimate ending. They have already told him that flat out, but they need to convince him.