If i was Chan Gailey.....

for the last few Bills seasons i wondered to myself and friends what it would be like to be the teams coach, what dick jauron was thinking and finally if they would ever hire a miscreant stoner off the streets. After deliberation we decided they wouldnt hire me, dick jauron was thinking about the opera, and finally that it would be awesome to be the coach of N Americas team...

enter chan gailey, the offensive minded coach who inherits a very young, quite talented group, and gets to pick (basically, save eight of em) any player he covets in the nation. the offensive minded coach doesnt take dan williams, nose tackle. No he doesnt draft an anchor of an offensive lineman or a big fast reciever. He doesnt reach for a qb that might have gone in the fourth round in a different draft year or take a shot on another smallish defensive lineman. Instead he picked what he wanted, the apple of his eye, the same guy he watched gash his georgia tech team firsthand from the sidelines, he took the sportscar when semis, hummers, and freight trains were available. and hes still smiling about it. as well he should be. He should be licking his chops, he has arguably the best backfield in the nfl, a corps of recievers ranging from waterbug to fastmoving oak tree, and an offensive line that is young and has lots of potential. He is taking over a team of players whom with the exception of some free agents have never smelled the air of playoff football, and are reveling in the fact that they are picked to be next seasons Lions.

He inherits a defense with a loaded defensive backfield consisting of veterans and upstart youngsters and overacheivers. He adds depth to a linebacking corps that has suffered in the 4-3 formation in recent years, as well as injury.....so he adds not one but two strength and conditioning coaches (and if you ask me they all look stronger from trent edwards to donte whitner) which should help keep his opening game starters on the field througout the season and to be more of a factor in the fourth quarter when jaurons teams seemed to always collapse.

for the past seasons dick jauron took a supposedly overmatched team and supposedly squeeked 7 wins out of em miraculously, when in fact my opinion was the 180 degree of this, i saw a team with plenty of talent on both sides of the ball, that squandered a lot of opportunities and handed supposedly better teams the wins.

Gailey doesnt have the greatest track record as of late, but i have read post and pre firing articles written by kansas city sportswriters and many of them argued to hire him as their next head coach. only will time will tell if they were wrong.

he kinda make me think hes a smart wade phillips

:thumbsup:

for the last few Bills seasons i wondered to myself and friends what it would be like to be the teams coach, what dick jauron was thinking and finally if they would ever hire a miscreant stoner off the streets. After deliberation we decided they wouldnt hire me, dick jauron was thinking about the opera, and finally that it would be awesome to be the coach of N Americas team...

enter chan gailey, the offensive minded coach who inherits a very young, quite talented group, and gets to pick (basically, save eight of em) any player he covets in the nation. the offensive minded coach doesnt take dan williams, nose tackle. No he doesnt draft an anchor of an offensive lineman or a big fast reciever. He doesnt reach for a qb that might have gone in the fourth round in a different draft year or take a shot on another smallish defensive lineman. Instead he picked what he wanted, the apple of his eye, the same guy he watched gash his georgia tech team firsthand from the sidelines, he took the sportscar when semis, hummers, and freight trains were available. and hes still smiling about it. as well he should be. He should be licking his chops, he has arguably the best backfield in the nfl, a corps of recievers ranging from waterbug to fastmoving oak tree, and an offensive line that is young and has lots of potential. He is taking over a team of players whom with the exception of some free agents have never smelled the air of playoff football, and are reveling in the fact that they are picked to be next seasons Lions.

He inherits a defense with a loaded defensive backfield consisting of veterans and upstart youngsters and overacheivers. He adds depth to a linebacking corps that has suffered in the 4-3 formation in recent years, as well as injury.....so he adds not one but two strength and conditioning coaches (and if you ask me they all look stronger from trent edwards to donte whitner) which should help keep his opening game starters on the field througout the season and to be more of a factor in the fourth quarter when jaurons teams seemed to always collapse.

for the past seasons dick jauron took a supposedly overmatched team and supposedly squeeked 7 wins out of em miraculously, when in fact my opinion was the 180 degree of this, i saw a team with plenty of talent on both sides of the ball, that squandered a lot of opportunities and handed supposedly better teams the wins.

Gailey doesnt have the greatest track record as of late, but i have read post and pre firing articles written by kansas city sportswriters and many of them argued to hire him as their next head coach. only will time will tell if they were wrong.

As a realist, I don't totally agree with all of your points.

But I love your passion and am totally for miscreant stoners. Good post.

not bad for a street smart stoner, I hope you are right :thumbsup: