afc east team comparison

looking around the afc east rosters and depth charts, i wonder how so called nfl experts and many posters on tbd. can think the bills are going to suck and get a top three pick in the draft, and believe the other three teams are gonna contend for a championship.

1. miami- as a resident of denver, i watched as nfl fans gasped at the idea of TO coming to buffalo and destroying team chemistry, while i watched Brandon marshall do that exact thing here. he didnt get much pub. for it but he sure did, so much so that josh mcd. traded the ultra talented pro bolwer in affect giving up his most talented offensive player. Why would a couach send a 25 year old superstar packing,? because he is a lockerroom cancer who makes lynch seem somewhat upstanding.

they have three good running backs on the team, but i have no idea why henne, pennington, and thigpen srike fear into opposing defenses more than edwards, fitz, and brohm?

once you look past Marshall, who do they have to catch the ball? ted ginn jr? lol

2. nyjets-last years jets team reminds me of this years bills squad, a team with plenty of talent that has been squandered by poor coaching and finally replaced by an enthusiastic head coach

the jets running game will be the strength of this team with average wideouts cotchery and edwards, and lots will be heaped on second year qb sanchez. how he plays in his second year will be interesting to see.

jets defense is looking like a top one again, but the loss of rb washington might hurt big play ability

3. new england- with an aging roster and a terrible defensive backfield this years patriots have done little to remedy that. this is the year teams should blitz the **** out of the pats because they have an undrafted f/a qb on the depth chart behind tom buncheon, there will be no more matt cassell-ing here. if teams figure this out and put the old screamer of a qb on the turf early and often, the pats will be relegated to the basement of the afc east once again. i dont see how welker and an aging slightly disgruntled moss can carry this team again. it sure wont happen with maroney, morris, or faluk.

as a lifelong bills fan i realized how bad of a coach Jauron was in his very first game against the pats. the bills had a lead, the ball in field goal range, and the momentum....after running mc-gay-he over the right side for no gain on fourth and one, jauron said he thought it was the right thing to do, and willlis said he thought it was only third down. whoa thats some bad bad coaching there and it only took three more losing seasons to dump the guy.

in summary, there is no team in this division which scares me as a fan. an aging pats team, an overachieving jets team, and a dolfins team that has as many holes as the bills supposedly have.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looking around the afc east rosters and depth charts, i wonder how so called nfl experts and many posters on tbd. can think the bills are going to suck and get a top three pick in the draft, and believe the other three teams are gonna contend for a championship.

1. miami- as a resident of denver, i watched as nfl fans gasped at the idea of TO coming to buffalo and destroying team chemistry, while i watched Brandon marshall do that exact thing here. he didnt get much pub. for it but he sure did, so much so that josh mcd. traded the ultra talented pro bolwer in affect giving up his most talented offensive player. Why would a couach send a 25 year old superstar packing,? because he is a lockerroom cancer who makes lynch seem somewhat upstanding.

they have three good running backs on the team, but i have no idea why henne, pennington, and thigpen srike fear into opposing defenses more than edwards, fitz, and brohm?

once you look past Marshall, who do they have to catch the ball? ted ginn jr? lol

2. nyjets-last years jets team reminds me of this years bills squad, a team with plenty of talent that has been squandered by poor coaching and finally replaced by an enthusiastic head coach

the jets running game will be the strength of this team with average wideouts cotchery and edwards, and lots will be heaped on second year qb sanchez. how he plays in his second year will be interesting to see.

jets defense is looking like a top one again, but the loss of rb washington might hurt big play ability

3. new england- with an aging roster and a terrible defensive backfield this years patriots have done little to remedy that. this is the year teams should blitz the **** out of the pats because they have an undrafted f/a qb on the depth chart behind tom buncheon, there will be no more matt cassell-ing here. if teams figure this out and put the old screamer of a qb on the turf early and often, the pats will be relegated to the basement of the afc east once again. i dont see how welker and an aging slightly disgruntled moss can carry this team again. it sure wont happen with maroney, morris, or faluk.

as a lifelong bills fan i realized how bad of a coach Jauron was in his very first game against the pats. the bills had a lead, the ball in field goal range, and the momentum....after running mc-gay-he over the right side for no gain on fourth and one, jauron said he thought it was the right thing to do, and willlis said he thought it was only third down. whoa thats some bad bad coaching there and it only took three more losing seasons to dump the guy.

in summary, there is no team in this division which scares me as a fan. an aging pats team, an overachieving jets team, and a dolfins team that has as many holes as the bills supposedly have.

just say no to crack

I agree that the rest of the AFC East teams are vastly overhyped, with the possible exception of the Jets, although they needed the Colts to lay down in the 2nd half of their game last year to make the playoffs.

I agree that the rest of the AFC East teams are vastly overhyped, with the possible exception of the Jets, although they needed the Colts to lay down in the 2nd half of their game last year to make the playoffs.

Didn't the Colts lay down for us last year when they had nothing to play for in the last game of the season? They got a meaningless loss while we got a meaningless win.

Very well put. The issue is this. The other teams are the other teams, and the Bills are the Bills. Any ?????

Didn't the Colts lay down for us last year when they had nothing to play for in the last game of the season? They got a meaningless loss while we got a meaningless win.

Yep. Your point?

Good post. But most 'doom & gloomers' on here don't want to hear this. The 'doom & gloomers' are still upset because the Bills didn't make a supposedly big splash in free agency by grabbing old, aging FA's, and they didn't use the top 2 draft picks on a QB & LT. Plus, throw in the Bills didn't get Shanahan or Cowher for the HC job. So basically the season is over for the 'doom & gloomers' already and they're gonna B word about it throughout the season and into next year.

You're right, Jauron was a bad coach and should have never been offered the HC job. IMO, the Bills will have a shot at a wild card berth this year.

Yep. Your point?

Point is very simple. The Jets made the playoffs and had a good run. Getting any win/loss under any circumstance doesn't alter the record. If you want to "what if" one of their wins you should also "what if" our meaningless win against the Colts.

I am not sure the colts completely laid down for us. They had to play in a 12 degree blizzard. Peyton was in for half of the game.

The game was a meaningless game for the Colts. It was played mostly by their scrubs before the half. You are exaggerating the amount of PM's playing time.

A win is a win and a loss is a loss. Let's just not over interpret our beating the Colts. They were a SB team and we were not even a playoff team.

You're right, Jauron was a bad coach and should have never been offered the HC job. IMO, the Bills will have a shot at a wild card berth this year.

Name a team within our own division we are better than? If we are last within our own division then how do we have a shot at a wild card spot?

They laid down for Jackson to let him get 1000.. lol

Meaningless win, I'm not sure - Seattle was 5-11 and got Okung where would we have drafted had we lost?

Name a team within our own division we are better than? If we are last within our own division then how do we have a shot at a wild card spot?

We're better than Dolphins and could finally beat the Pats this year. IMO, the Bills will at least go 3-3 in the division (including 1 win over the Pats). I think the Bills could go 4-2 with 2 wins over the phins. I still stand by my prediction of 11-5, but I think the worst the Bills could do is 9-7. Jets got a wild card spot with a 9-7 record last season.

The game was a meaningless game for the Colts. It was played mostly by their scrubs before the half. You are exaggerating the amount of PM's playing time.

A win is a win and a loss is a loss. Let's just not over interpret our beating the Colts. They were a SB team and we were not even a playoff team.

The point is that if the Colts didn't lay down (and they were winning and had the ball when Manning left), the Jets don't make the playoffs. The Jets also had teh Bengals lay down. So they are an 8-8 and possibly 7-9 team at best. So if you looked at the AFC East, the Bills were 6-10, the Fins were 7-9, and the Jets were 8-8. Plus, we beat both of those teams and should have beat the Pats. And everyone thinks the Bills are the worst team on the planet, so why can't they improve this year and every other team in the division will?

I won't say the Bills are going to win the division but I think people are severely overrating the AFC East. I think the Fins and Jets are a lot closer to the Bills than either team is to being an elite one. Additionally, the Pats look as mortal as they have been in a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if 9-7 wins this division.

Point is very simple. The Jets made the playoffs and had a good run. Getting any win/loss under any circumstance doesn't alter the record. If you want to "what if" one of their wins you should also "what if" our meaningless win against the Colts.

No one made a big deal about that Colts "win" by the Bills last year. And instead of it helping the Bills, like getting them into the playoffs as it did with the Jets, it hurt their draft position slightly.