Brohm may get QB call in Buffalo

F UNC

Real question, and I'm sure it's been hashed out before (I'm simply not going to excavate all the QB threads for the info):

Brohm's throws have a much tighter spiral on them, or so it seems. Is that good, bad, or moot?

I think it's a good thing. Especially when the wind starts gusting.

So good that it's a "sets him a part from the others" quality?

I haven't seen Brown throw yet, but I've never been impressed by Edwards or Fitzy's spirals. So yea it's a nice feature and sets him apart. But it's not as important as his ability to read defenses pre snap.

How desperate are we as fans when we are hoping that Brohm is the answer? I guess we (myself included) are quite desperate for quaility production from our QB spot. I suppose most of us aren't happy with FITZ or EDWARDS. I still am "hoping"

Edwards can develop under Gailey.

I believe Fitz is a backup QB who isn't a long term solution. However, I do think he gives us the best chance to win this year based on his willingness to throw the ball downfield and his command presence. He doesn't play scared but he is god aweful inaccurate at times.

Brohm does anyone really know? Answer: he has been a bust or close to it. As stated many times here, he was beat out by Flynn a 7th round pick. Flynn IMO wasn't even that good in college. That has to tell us something right? Yet , we are all hoping he is the answer...

No Clausen, No Jason Campbell, No Donavan, No Mcoy, ETC . We have had our chances to upgrade but...Next years draft hopefully will produce our franchise QB.

Hopeful Bills fan

Real question, and I'm sure it's been hashed out before (I'm simply not going to excavate all the QB threads for the info):

Brohm's throws have a much tighter spiral on them, or so it seems. Is that good, bad, or moot?

Very good, IMO.

Last season's playoffs featured the finest passing show in league history. Rivers, Brady, Romo, Palmer, Manning, Warner, Favre & Brees were nothing short of brilliant. Yet, nearly every perfect spiral was contested by a DB. A wobble takes longer to get there.

Remember, Brohm is usually third on the reps. which means he is going up against maybe second, but usually third and fourth team corners.

Just saying

Brohm's been getting reps with the 1st team.

Very good, IMO.

Last season's playoffs featured the finest passing show in league history. Rivers, Brady, Romo, Palmer, Manning, Warner, Favre & Brees were nothing short of brilliant. Yet, nearly every perfect spiral was contested by a DB. A wobble takes longer to get there.

Think I saw on sports science featuring Drew Brees that a tiny little bit of wobble is actually necessary to maintain accuracy. And it was clear that Brees's throws had that "tiny" little bit of wobble. Of course...any more than that tiny bit of wobble is bad.

In one sense edwards deserves a second chance, he had really bad coaching...But on the other hand , Brohm has an ARM, and he can bomb it and he seems to be a good decision maker meaning he won't bomb it just to bomb it like Losman did. I'm excited to see how Brohm progresses.

im well aware of that, and while I do not mistake highlight videos for definitive evidence, i do find it promising that brohm has done well, so far as i can tell, up to this point.

I make no secret of the fact that I would like to seem BB win the starting job, so I like to see my pony leading the pack so far.

In one sense edwards deserves a second chance, he had really bad coaching...But on the other hand , Brohm has an ARM, and he can bomb it and he seems to be a good decision maker meaning he won't bomb it just to bomb it like Losman did. I'm excited to see how Brohm progresses.

I'm not trying to be a smartass, but where do you get this info on Brohm? Has he played enough to know he is a good decision maker?

Yes it matters. Trent throws an ugly duck on deep balls. It's like looking for a needle in a hay stack but look for some of the deep balls he has thrown and most of them wobble like crazy. This could be a contributing factor to why he can't throw deep effectively. Well that and the dead arm and he's still waiting for his set to drop.

NFL Rumor Central

Brohm may get QB call in Buffalo »

---

anybody got access to the story? some good Brohm scoop...

From what I have been reading on the team's website and other places, Edwards and Fitz have been getting the majority of snaps with the first team during OTAs, so not sure how this would even be legit. I hope Gailey runs camp like he says he is going to with an open competition at QB. I hope Edwards plays like I think he can and wins the job, but for the sake of the team, I hope the QB who out performs the other 3 gets the starting job. I just want to "Win Baby!"

Gailey said that he had a specific QB rotation scheduled for each of the OTA practices. Fitz and Edwards would get the most snaps 1st and 2nd in the rotation, due to Brohm and Brown getting all of the rookie minicamp snaps. These voluntary OTAs are almost over, so keep your eyes posted for the first man through in the rotation at the mandatory minicamp. That is the QB that Gailey believes is leading the others. Keep your eye open for the second man through in the rotation - that will be the first QB's primary competitor...

Gailey said that he had a specific QB rotation scheduled for each of the OTA practices. Fitz and Edwards would get the most snaps 1st and 2nd in the rotation, due to Brohm and Brown getting all of the rookie minicamp snaps. These voluntary OTAs are almost over, so keep your eyes posted for the first man through in the rotation at the mandatory minicamp. That is the QB that Gailey believes is leading the others. Keep your eye open for the second man through in the rotation - that will be the first QB's primary competitor...

Good point. I truly think there are a few impt points that will also play into this:

1 - Durability

2 - Nix and Gailey (new blood) - if Nix was the one behind acquiring Brohm, then he believes in him, and if he shows Gailey enough he may get the nod

3 - Even if they go with Edwards, the winner of the backup job could be impt, as Edwards likely won't play 16 games for either performance or injury issues

Vote Brohm.

Great post

I agree with what you said but don't write off Fitz , I think he will be second.