ESPN insider needed

judman

As he should. We have all seen what Trentitive etc have, which is nothing. Let Brohm have a season and lets see what the guy has.

Thats what training camp and preseason are for, to see what a guy has. They arent going to "give" Brohm a season just to see what he has. They are going to play the best QB they have to win games.

I just wanted to know if anybody has read it and could give a brief summary.
Giving his appraisal of the Bills' QB picture as it stands on Monday, Sal Maiorana of the Democrat and Chronicle reiterated his prediction that Edwards will be the starter for the Bills this season, but he is holding out hope that Brohm will one day show some of the talent that convinced the Packers to use a second-round pick on him in 2008.

Clayton adds:

"It was pretty clear in Green Bay that Matt Flynn, a seventh-round choice, looked better than Brohm. That was noticeable from the first minicamp in Green Bay. It's hard to say what went wrong so far with Brohm. He seemed to lack confidence in the opportunities he has had. That's one of the problems in the NFL. If you don't grab those opportunities, they'll get away from you, and all of a sudden you find yourself on a UFL roster hoping to get back into the NFL."

On ESPN.com they have an insider link about a rumor that Brohm may get the nod as signal caller.

ESPN - NFL

There's a great opportunity for Buffalo Bills QB Brian Brohm (and Trent Edwards) to hit the reset button on their careers this offseason, since the new Chan Gailey regime is taking over in Buffalo. Edwards is who we thought he was, but although he's not the most exciting choice, it seems as though he'll wind up as the man under center this fall. That said, Brohm will have the chance to make his case this summer, and recently, he was taking first-team reps in both 7-on-7 drills and full-bore 11-on-11's as well, per Mark Gaughan of the Buffalo News.

Giving his appraisal of the Bills' QB picture as it stands on Monday, Sal Maiorana of the Democrat and Chronicle reiterated his prediction that Edwards will be the starter for the Bills this season, but he is holding out hope that Brohm will one day show some of the talent that convinced the Packers to use a second-round pick on him in 2008.

ESPN's John Clayton thinks that confidence could be the issue with Brohm:

John Clayton

Destined for the UFL?

"It was pretty clear in Green Bay that Matt Flynn, a seventh-round choice, looked better than Brohm. That was noticeable from the first minicamp in Green Bay. It's hard to say what went wrong so far with Brohm. He seemed to lack confidence in the opportunities he has had. That's one of the problems in the NFL. If you don't grab those opportunities, they'll get away from you, and all of a sudden you find yourself on a UFL roster hoping to get back into the NFL."

As he should. We have all seen what Trentitive etc have, which is nothing. Let Brohm have a season and lets see what the guy has.

Darth I usually agree with most of your posts, but I'm not getting the hating on Edwards. We have seen him do it, he looked great and was putting up Pro Bowl numbers at the start of 2008. Guy got a concussion and hasn't been the same. The coaching got disturbing, ie Van Pelt brought in to call plays a week before the season. I think somewhere in Edwards is an NFL QB, and I think Gailey may be able to get it out.

Can we please link all the inferior postings together ... it seems like two links about Brohm started at the very same moment ... and the truth is we don't know and he has not stood out in the camps so far.

I will admit ... I have been a fan of Brohm the college player and would love to see him become something special but to believe "an ESPN insider" is a strong indicator that you would buy this beautiful former swamp land in Williamsville off of Cayuga Drive where homes have been built.

Darth I usually agree with most of your posts, but I'm not getting the hating on Edwards. We have seen him do it, he looked great and was putting up Pro Bowl numbers at the start of 2008. Guy got a concussion and hasn't been the same. The coaching got disturbing, ie Van Pelt brought in to call plays a week before the season. I think somewhere in Edwards is an NFL QB, and I think Gailey may be able to get it out.

I agree with your post. I am hoping that Gailey can bring back the start of 2008 Edwards. He had confidence, poise, timing, and command of the position. I think Gailey can restore Trent and make him a pro bowl QB. Fans lets think positive instead of negative. The negative stuff gets old even if its valid. Lets have the glass half full not empty. A former negative poster who has transformed.