Tim Graham and Ricky Williams

It's hard not to like Ricky Williams. I saw the spot that 60 minutes did on him ahwile back. In a league completely driven by ego, it's nice to see a player with some humility and a geuine desire to be a good person. I find it odd when people think players who walk away from the game for some greater purpose (like family or self awareness) are stupid or crazy. Believe it or not, professional football might not be the end all.

It's hard not to like Ricky Williams. I saw the spot that 60 minutes did on him ahwile back. In a league completely driven by ego, it's nice to see a player with some humility and a geuine desire to be a good person. I find it odd when people think players who walk away from the game for some greater purpose (like family or self awareness) are stupid or crazy. Believe it or not, professional football might not be the end all.

One of my favorites was Robert Smith. Prove to yourself you can do it, play out your contract, and leave on your terms to pursue loftier goals. Can't blame Brad Butler, either, for pursuing a lifelong career when he had the chance.

I find Ricky Williams to be a fascinating individual. Probably on my list of Top 10 people I'd love to have a conversation with. He seems to have a deeper understanding of his role in life and he seems so much more enlightened over the typical NFLer.

Mental?

I think there is something wrong with YOU.

Ricky Williams is a very intelligent man...a "well-educated" guy. Watch the documentary about him on ESPN...he is an amazing dude...just very misunderstood.

He is probably my favorite non-bill nfl player.

You have to hand it to Ricky, not many have the strength to be their own man in the stereotype that is the NFL, especially when their beliefs are so far left of commonly held social norms. I applaud TG for having the intestinal fortitude to write the piece in a way that could open him up to ridicule as well, instead of taking a cheap shot at William's "eccentricities."

True. Not just the NFL.. Make that society.

Anyway... The guy in the white shirt is meditating? Looks like he is thinking:

"Did I leave the oven on before I left home?"

<_<

You've been in California too long…

I find the subjects of meditation, yoga, and chi kung to be fascinating. It's interesting that Buddhists and Hindus have such similar healing arts. The idea of Dan tians in chi kung are very similar to chakras in yoga.

I'd like to try them all some day. When I'm not so busy, tired, and stressed out.

JK, Beast Mode.

I've gone down the rabbit hole way deeper than meditation, but we'll leave that for another time <_<

I'm glad that everybody who replied to the OP is more enlightened than he........Meditation is great for you and those around you.....It's amazing how this thing happens (I've solved seemingly insolvable problems):

"Sometimes, either right before you fall asleep or right before you wake up, when you're in that in-between zone you might get an answer to a question you might have. As you meditate more you start having those experiences more."