It Is Really Scary That Teachers Like These Exist.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This teacher is obviously an extremist nut. I have 4 kids that have all gone to public schools. 2 have already graduated,1 is almost done and the baby still has several years left. I have NEVER run across a teacher anywhere close to this guy. A few teachers had a political bent that was noticable at times,some to the right and some to the left,but I never got the impression that any of them were trying to push their beliefs on my kids. At the high school level,some would debate with students about political issues,but I feel it was done in a pretty healthy,academic way. I've found most teachers to be hardworking people that are very dedicated to their jobs. This nutcase represents a tiny percentage of teachers overall,imo.

And that's the distinction that eludes blithering idiots like Steely Dope. Everyone has a political bend, and every teacher is going to introduce that at some level into their classroom. That's fine. What is not fine is when the teacher does not allow students the same freedom of expression for their own views. This is what the kids are supposed to be learning -- how to express and articulate their views, not be 'taught' which view is the 'correct' one.

Fortunately extremists like this are still pretty rare.

And that's the distinction that eludes blithering idiots like Steely Dope. Everyone has a political bend, and every teacher is going to introduce that at some level into their classroom. That's fine. What is not fine is when the teacher does not allow students the same freedom of expression for their own views. This is what the kids are supposed to be learning -- how to express and articulate their views, not be 'taught' which view is the 'correct' one.

Not that I think he should be fired, but I would guess that "extremists" are still rare due to fear of losing their jobs. Given that he was allowed to continue teaching, it may lead to more of the same. Maybe even some sort of retaliatory, anti-Mexican type thing in an effort to get a headline to contradict these.

Way to completely miss the point as usual.

The point is the radicals are specifically attempting to subjugate critical reasoning skills by making it educational policy that kids be taught that point-of-view XYZ is the 'correct' view. That means little Johnnie isn't free to use his critical reasoning skills to take the opinion that the AZ law is completely logical and reasonable because his slimy, wetback teacher will give him an 'F' if he does so.

Of course, this is hardly new. I went to liberal Jesuit high school 25 years ago and was surrounded by the brilliant, left-wing ideology of the day (anyone remember the "unilateral disarmament" movement?). I recall getting a D on a paper I wrote specifically because of my opinion. I wrote the next assignment with a leftist viewpoint and got an A.

Seriously? You are gonna throw the word "wetback" out there like if it is not going to offend anyone? I am a Mexican Immigrant, AND a Buffalo Bills fan just like YOU. If you have kids then we should talk about how you should be fired from your job as a father! :)

Seriously? You are gonna throw the word "wetback" out there like if it is not going to offend anyone? I am a Mexican Immigrant, AND a Buffalo Bills fan just like YOU. If you have kids then we should talk about how you should be fired from your job as a father! :)

Offended anyone? Oh, is that something we need to be concerned about in this topic?? Well that's news to me because it seems like you and some of the idiots are bending over backward to excuse this obviously racist teacher with the 'expressing his views' or 'right to his opinion' bullsh--.

So, I just responded in kind by 'expressing my opinion'. That shouldn't be a problem for you, right? Or is is somehow only 'offensive' when white people make racist comments?

Offended anyone? Oh, is that something we need to be concerned about in this topic?? Well that's news to me because it seems like you and some of the idiots are bending over backward to excuse this obviously racist teacher with the 'expressing his views' or 'right to his opinion' bullsh--.

So, I just responded in kind by 'expressing my opinion'. That shouldn't be a problem for you, right? Or is is somehow only 'offensive' when white people make racist comments?

You complain about a racist teacher by calling that teacher a wetback....Do I have to explain?

You complain about a racist teacher by calling that teacher a wetback....Do I have to explain?

No, apparently you need it explained to you. Obviously I used the slur intentionally to draw the point; thank you for taking the bait (please return my sinker at your convenience).

But you failed to answer my question. Why is it that you are upset by my words yet you excuse the racist teacher's? Are you just a hypocrite?

No, apparently you need it explained to you. Obviously I used the slur intentionally to draw the point; thank you for taking the bait (please return my sinker at your convenience).

But you failed to answer my question. Why is it that you are upset by my words yet you excuse the racist teacher's? Are you just a hypocrite?

Yes I am a hypocrite...

Wow,KD. You used wetback in there???? I hadn't even noticed that until puente pointed it out. That's not cool. I'm not defending the teacher but that's not right. :)

Way to completely miss the point as usual.

The point is the radicals are specifically attempting to subjugate critical reasoning skills by making it educational policy that kids be taught that point-of-view XYZ is the 'correct' view. That means little Johnnie isn't free to use his critical reasoning skills to take the opinion that the AZ law is completely logical and reasonable because his slimy, wetback teacher will give him an 'F' if he does so.

Of course, this is hardly new. I went to liberal Jesuit high school 25 years ago and was surrounded by the brilliant, left-wing ideology of the day (anyone remember the "unilateral disarmament" movement?). I recall getting a D on a paper I wrote specifically because of my opinion. I wrote the next assignment with a leftist viewpoint and got an A.

i'd write with all due respect, but that's apparently out the window on this one, given the throwback namecalling and the continuing attempt to calcify the old status quo. jesus, that's wrong and hate-riddled and, as you would put it, slimy.

there's nothing more unredeemingly mean and repellant than what you just wrote, which utterly voids any point you were attempting to make. it's beyond mean, ugly and wrong, it's ignorant. and i won't even make a point of arguing this because i'm not sure my loud voice could penetrate the deep cold hole you seem to live in.

what you stand for is something no one should lie for. it's beneath anything anyone should ever post on what has been a respectable board and i'm ashamed for you, because apparently your head's screwed on far too tightly for reason to sink in, given the responses that you've made in this thread.

you're wrong. you're hopelessly and blindly wrong.

jw

Well, I've never been taught which views are right and wrong I've figured those out with the help of my parents. My mom is an ultra conservative and my dad is a liberal. I don't think too many of your kids teachers are telling the kids what to think unless it's what a noun, verb historical fact or results of a scientific experiment are. Why are you so on edge about your kids being exposed to ideas you don't like. You really should homeschool them so you can indoctrinate them into your cult of thought without interference.

I'm not defending his views, I'm defending his right to have and express them. I think any teacher tied to a group advocating violence should be fired.

Most of the things I've said are related to how I'd feel if a teacher like this had taught my kid. I've told you that I'm open minded and believe a parent needs to help kids with their critical thinking skills. I'm not like you and I wouldn't freak out because a teacher told my kid something I didn't agree with. You do want kids taught morals, your morals.

If you want to set up a home theater and strap your kids to a chair with their eyes forced open and play pictures of their teacher while administering drugs that will make them sick. Go ahead, but I disagree with your methods of building an open mind.

Morals like two wrongs don't make a right and about simple respect need to be taught in schools. Evidently your kids need to be taught this because their father doesn't subscribe to them. You didn't get along very well with the kids at school did you? I'm starting to think that's at the bottom of your well of hatred. If your kid called another kid a "wetback" at school and had to serve detention for it you'd probably go ballistic.

i'd write with all due respect, but that's apparently out the window on this one, given the throwback namecalling and the continuing attempt to calcify the old status quo. jesus, that's wrong and hate-riddled and, as you would put it, slimy.

there's nothing more unredeemingly mean and repellant than what you just wrote, which utterly voids any point you were attempting to make. it's beyond mean, ugly and wrong, it's ignorant. and i won't even make a point of arguing this because i'm not sure my loud voice could penetrate the deep cold hole you seem to live in.

what you stand for is something no one should lie for. it's beneath anything anyone should ever post on what has been a respectable board and i'm ashamed for you, because apparently your head's screwed on far too tightly for reason to sink in, given the responses that you've made in this thread.

you're wrong. you're hopelessly and blindly wrong.

jw

I stand corrected. That is the best thing you've written here! :)

I think KD would commit suicide if one of his kids ever ended up registering Democrat. ;)

Well, I've never been taught which views are right and wrong

But the point is the kids in this story are being taught which views are right and wrong. Seriously, did you even read the article?

I'm not defending his views, I'm defending his right to have and express them.

Which is fine, but you continue to either miss or intentionally ignore the basic point of the thread that this guy is a teacher and he is teaching that his view is the only acceptable one. That's not supposed to be his role.

Most of the things I've said are related to how I'd feel if a teacher like this had taught my kid. I've told you that I'm open minded and believe a parent needs to help kids with their critical thinking skills. I'm not like you and I wouldn't freak out because a teacher told my kid something I didn't agree with. You do want kids taught morals, your morals.

You can keep trying to bring up the 'morals' red herring, but it has nothing to do with the discussion and it's nothing I've even come close to suggesting. Your numerous suppositions in this post are consistent with your habit of attempting to stereotype anyone that doesn't agree with you as some religious nut (despite your self-anointed 'open minded' nature ;) ). And sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm not a registered Republican and there are probably more Democrats in my circle of family, friends and close co-workers (including my wife....we do get into debates every now and then) than any other political group.

Anyway, at this point I don't expect you to acknowledge any fault with the teacher in the story and obviously my choice of inflammatory words has caused some people to go into hysterics and/or leave the thread, so my bad there. Oh well...onto the World Cup.

Wow,KD. You used wetback in there???? I hadn't even noticed that until puente pointed it out. That's not cool. I'm not defending the teacher but that's not right. :)

You're right el T, that was wrong and I apologize to puente.

But the point is the kids in this story are being taught which views are right and wrong. Seriously, did you even read the article?

Which is fine, but you continue to either miss or intentionally ignore the basic point of the thread that this guy is a teacher and he is teaching that his view is the only acceptable one. That's not supposed to be his role.

You can keep trying to bring up the 'morals' red herring, but it has nothing to do with the discussion and it's nothing I've even come close to suggesting. Your numerous suppositions in this post are consistent with your habit of attempting to stereotype anyone that doesn't agree with you as some religious nut (despite your self-anointed 'open minded' nature :) ). And sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm not a registered Republican and there are probably more Democrats in my circle of family, friends and close co-workers (including my wife....we do get into debates every now and then) than any other political group.

Anyway, at this point I don't expect you to acknowledge any fault with the teacher in the story and obviously my choice of inflammatory words has caused some people to go into hysterics and/or leave the thread, so my bad there. Oh well...onto the World Cup.

You're right el T, that was wrong and I apologize to puente.

Kids are going to come in contact with people like that all of their lives. They'll have to learn how to deal with it at some time or another.

I also get the impression that if every one of your kids teachers were just like you, you'd love it. JMO

What is so scary about it? Everyone has the right to their opinion (just dont get videotaped, especially if you are an employee of said government!).

/__________________ You like my avatar? Rebel! Rebel!

\

If the teacher was a member of the KKK would you still feel the same? I doubt it

Kids are going to come in contact with people like that all of their lives. They'll have to learn how to deal with it at some time or another.

I also get the impression that if every one of your kids teachers were just like you, you'd love it. JMO

Dodge the point again while making another presumption based on your own prejudices. What a surprise.

Isn't it time for you to start another self pity thread?

I would probably beat the teacher up. I think the teachers should wear masks, so that there is no retaliation.

Still think Che was a great guy? Doesn't take a lot of courage to order the shooting of defenseless Cubans, IMO.