Boycott BP and hasten its demise or support BP so they have the cash

On a side note... Who thinks that Bethlehem should have cleaned up the mess they left behind in Lackawanna along the lakeshore? How much is that straddling others like the state and the fed? Until we end the double standards... I have no compasion for the Gulf coast. I know that is wrong and classless, but my heart is just not in it. I am sorry for what happened. I "bleed" for other people.

:cry:

again, if they go under too quickly then we will pay for ALL the mess. That seems more emotional than rational.

So instead, I should buy BP gasoline, which in turn pads a lot of BP paychecks--and let percentages of pennies on my dollar go to pay for the spill. No thanks.

If I'm paying for the cleanup one way or another, I'd rather not line the golden parachutes of the culture that made this possible.

If you are going to boycott BP, you may as well boycott Exxon, Shell and the rest of them. The only difference between BP and the rest of the integrated oil companies is that the disaster happened to be on BP's watch. I am pretty certain that their risk management practices are basically identical.

If I need gas, and a BP gas station is on my way to my destination, then I'll get gas from them.

If you are going to boycott BP, you may as well boycott Exxon, Shell and the rest of them. The only difference between BP and the rest of the integrated oil companies is that the disaster happened to be on BP's watch. I am pretty certain that their risk management practices are basically identical.

If I need gas, and a BP gas station is on my way to my destination, then I'll get gas from them.

My point, as a consumer, is that I will punish them because for a reason--not caused at random by mother nature--it happened to them.

We went down to FLA for Christmas last year... Stopped at the Space Center and stayed in Cocoa Beach right on the Atantic. I was wondering why they had tar remover packets in the place where we stayed. It wasn't like we were staying on the Intercoastal, we were right on the Atlantic. I thought this wasn't 1970, but 2010... Tar remover packets?

I should have bought stock in them back in January! :worthy::unsure:

I guess they (Gulf side) will be using them now...