Boycott BP and hasten its demise or support BP so they have the cash

Just wondering what everyone here thinks about that tradeoff?

can't see the rest of the title...but I am guessing...cash to do the rest of the clean up and pay off the fishermen, etc.?

Definitely the 2nd one. Besides, like it or not we are going to need more oil. We need more, not less, people with the capability to look for and get oil....because...we need less, not more, reason for oil speculators to drive up the price.

can't see the rest of the title...but I am guessing...cash to do the rest of the clean up and pay off the fishermen, etc.?

Definitely the 2nd one. Besides, like it or not we are going to need more oil. We need more, not less, people with the capability looking for and getting oil....because...we need less, not more, reason for oil speculators to drive up the price.

May be more complex than a boycott.Vultures circling

A boycott won't touch them- the gas stations are privately owned. Get off it and let the CEO "Get back to his life" as he so aptly put it.

Boycott the gas, but stop in and buy a Snickers. The private owners make diddly on the gas anyway.

Ooooh...time to buy... :wacko:

Nah...wait to see what their total liability is first. Then move.

Im ROOTING for BP. Hard. Becuase anybody or anything the left and the dumb minions in the general populace demonizes for no other reason than to do it, is someone or something I support.

Not saying they are doing everything right, nor am I saying they dont deserve some kind of "punishment" by the Feds when all is said and done. But when the idiots out there go "BOOOOO BP....BOYCOT BP!!!!" and when you ask the nimrods who say this WHY to do this all they can say is "BP BAD!!!!", Ive decided not to join that idiot parade. Im the Grand Marshall in too many others.

Boycott the gas, but stop in and buy a Snickers. The private owners make diddly on the gas anyway.

And why is nobody talking about the oil company in Oklahoma, which owns almost half the rig! :wacko:

And why is nobody talking about the oil company in Oklahoma, which owns almost half the rig! :wacko:

I don't have much way to boycott the OK company.

And !@#$ BP. I'm happy to boycott them. The oil will still flow even if they go bankrupt but I'd love to see them go down for this. Unlike out "unaccountability" culture, watching BP go under would fairly hold them to account for this mess.

Yeah let's push one more company out so we become beholden to fewer companies who will have even more of a monopoly. I am sure that with the supply line even smaller they won't raise prices (/sarcasm)

The way the free market works is you--the consumer--can punish companies. I will choose to exercise that right and not shed tears for BP. Now if you want to actually reward BP for this mess, that's your choice. A stupid one, but your choice.

Yeah let's push one more company out so we become beholden to fewer companies who will have even more of a monopoly. I am sure that with the supply line even smaller they won't raise prices (/sarcasm)

The fewer the companies the quicker the government takeover

The way the free market works is you--the consumer--can punish companies. I will choose to exercise that right and not shed tears for BP. Now if you want to actually reward BP for this mess, that's your choice. A stupid one, but your choice.

again, if they go under too quickly then we will pay for ALL the mess. That seems more emotional than rational.

again, if they go under too quickly then we will pay for ALL the mess. That seems more emotional than rational.

Lots of assumption going on here that BP's going to cut and run.

Personally, I'd rather wait until they actually do so, rather than punish them for an expectation.

Lots of assumption going on here that BP's going to cut and run.

Personally, I'd rather wait until they actually do so, rather than punish them for an expectation.

I'd rather get the job done, then come down hard on them. They- along with the oil company in Oklahoma, owe the people of the gulf a lot- and they will continue to owe them until they are made whole. And that means the ability to go back to what they were doing, where they were doing it. If BP doesn't make things right, we should consider ourselves attacked and send our military to seize their assets- ALL OF THEM.

I'd rather get the job done, then come down hard on them. They- along with the oil company in Oklahoma, owe the people of the gulf a lot- and they will continue to owe them until they are made whole. And that means the ability to go back to what they were doing, where they were doing it. If BP doesn't make things right, we should consider ourselves attacked and send our military to seize their assets- ALL OF THEM.

So you're advocating the US military seizing the assets of the largest company of a foreign nation who also happens to be a NATO member (there's there's that whole attack on one is an attack on all thingy). And oh, btw said country is also the US most staunch ally.

But anyways, what about that oil company in Oklahoma? Should the US military also seize the assets of a private American company?

:wallbash:

I'd rather get the job done, then come down hard on them.

If they deserve it. Demonstrate malice or negligence, sure. If it's just a tragic accident...c'est la vie.

Which is not to say they shouldn't be liable for the actual damages...though I'm sure someone will completely misunderstand what I'm saying anyway.

If BP doesn't make things right, we should consider ourselves attacked and send our military to seize their assets- ALL OF THEM.

That is !@#$ing stupid. A military action to screw over the shareholders of BP, who had nothing to do with the spill? Basically, you want to go to war with England?

You're not the only one I've seen recommend this, either. Really, do people ever think things like this through?

If they deserve it. Demonstrate malice or negligence, sure. If it's just a tragic accident...c'est la vie.

Which is not to say they shouldn't be liable for the actual damages...though I'm sure someone will completely misunderstand what I'm saying anyway.

That is !@#$ing stupid. A military action to screw over the shareholders of BP, who had nothing to do with the spill? Basically, you want to go to war with England?

You're not the only one I've seen recommend this, either. Really, do people ever think things like this through?

Recommend it? Nah, its an angry rant. Nobody wants to see something like that happen. Remember- I have a lot of good friends down there that BP owes a livelihood.