Please don't feed the trolls.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do people understand the whole purpose of this thread or not? :cry:

well, i'm thinking you posted something about not feeding trolls, because you felt that responding to trolls feeds their egos and gives them a place and right to further jabber on mindlessly about things and provide opinions that really have no relevance or hint of an actual thought.

and what happened is some thought they would respond by providing comical comments in regards to your original post. the fact that some apparent trolls were outed in this thread should not come as a surprise, considering the very nature of the people on this board.

so, by starting a thread about not feeding trolls, you actually wound up doing what you were hoping not to do. the trolls are now being fed, though it's unwise to believe that by opening this thread, you've managed to filter the trolls all to one area. as it seems, someone recently started an insensitive thread about Chris Fischetti, a thread in which i felt it important to respond because, well, that's just my nature.

now, as to your question, yes, i think i understand the whole purpose of what's going on. trolls, however, being trolls, sometimes don't know if they're trolls and take offense to being called that, which means, like it or not, they'll likely get fed one way or another.

:cry:

jw

When obvious trolls come around the best thing, IMO, is to ignore them. Too many people here bother to respond to them and that just feeds their desire to come back. IMO, if somebody is suspected of being a troll just ignore them. If they get no response they'll leave and never come back because they won't be having any fun.

This may be one of the most SteveStojan'd posts I've read.

:worthy:

When obvious trolls come around the best thing, IMO, is to ignore them. Too many people here bother to respond to them and that just feeds their desire to come back. IMO, if somebody is suspected of being a troll just ignore them. If they get no response they'll leave and never come back because they won't be having any fun.

They're like a STD. you never can get rid of them

She brings zero to the table. No insight, no remedy, no humor, no knowledge, nothing interesting. Like listening to a kid whine all the time.

In addition, I have an instinctive conviction, that she is not a Bills fan but is really a troll.

mpl does not pass the test, does not ring true, seems phony and inauthentic.

This person has not proven in their commentary, like the vast majority of us have, our passion for our football team.

It's always the milquetoast "I've lost hope over the last ten years" nonsense. Baloney.

This person has every opportunity to prove a Bills fan. The ball is no longer in my court.

mpl has the ball. Let's see what she does with it.

With all do respect San Jose, I do not think this forum is appropriate for us to debate one another. This is a forum to discuss the Bills and like it or not that is what I intend to do. You can continue to "sling mud" and make incorrect statements/assessments. I will not respond to them.

Now, like talk about the Bills...Currently speaking:

(1) I am not happy with our offensive line. Don't like our LT( Meridith or Bell) and RT (Green). I think our center Hartgardner is average. I really like Levitre and a healthy Woods. Bottom line is a think teams will expose our tackle positions. Are you happy with the OL? I am disappointed that the Bills haven't addressed a LT position in either of the last 2 drafts. Wang is a project and I hope he works out...Stated this in prior post.

(2) I am not happy with our current QB situation. I don't think any of our 4 QBs are top 15 material. Are you happy with our current QB roster? Stated in prior post that I think the Bills "missed the boat" on not picking Clausen at 41. Received many responses from hopeful fans that Galiey can make one of our QB productive. I stated skepticism regarding this due to weak OL and weak WR personnel. Was this so out of line?

(3) I am not happy with our WR roster. LEE EVANS IS MY FAVORITE BILL and I think he is a stud. After that, I don't see much. Johnson unproven, Easley raw, Parrish I don't like, and Hardy appears lost having difficulty separating and learning routes (not to mention coming off a serious injury). Are you happy with the Bills WR core? Was this so out of line?

Stated poor OL, QB, and WR personnel doesn't equate to winning many games. Is that so out of line?

(4) I am fully anticipating Schobel is going to retire. IMO, he is our only bonafide pass rusher. Maybin is young raw and learning new position. As a result, I don't know how effective he will be. Are you happy with our pass rush? Stated in prior post wish the Bills would have picked Orakpo. Easy to say after the fact but on that draft day I wanted Oher badly or Orakpo. Time will tell on the Maybin pick. Previous post stated Maybin appears to be a bust. Too early to tell in hindsight . Not really a correct statement to make. I stand corrected.

(5) Are you confident the Bills can stop the run? This has been a nemesis of our for the past few years. Trope pick has addressed this situation. I have stated I was unhappy with this pick. I like the guys motor and attitude. However, I think the Bills could have gotten him much later (round 3,4 or 5). Cody and Thomas were also on the board. Time will tell. I have my doubts that this unit with a new scheme and unproven DC is going to be able to effectively stop the run...Stated in prior post I think Pery Fewell will be missed. (I do like the LB we picked up from Denver)

(6) I have spoken about Chan Gailey's track record as a head coach in college and the NFL. IMO, it is a definite upgrade from Juaron. That's being an arm chair fan. I remember when DICK Jauron was hired and I liked the hire. I liked his defensive mindset and his ability to communicate with his players. I liked the direction Levy was taking...I was the one oozing with enthusiasm. Boy was I ever wrong........ Could we all be wrong with Gailey/NIX? With todays NFL coaching carousel how come coach Gailey wasn't snagged up by any other team prior to us? Just a thought? Yet, when I show skepticism regarding Gailey and Nix I get crucified. Just food for thought. How did Wade Philips do with the Bills?

(7) I really like the Bills secondary and special teams. I am glad Bruce D is back.

(8) Every time I ask you to respond to comments like" what have you been saying about the Bills for the past several years? Have you been saying the same basic thing after every regime change? I never seem to get a response with the exception of being a TROLL.

Prior post predicted Bills would be 4-12. Is that so out of line?

Wondering if a Bills fan has a right to criticize his team and vent years of frustration?

Wondering why it is so "taboo"not to paint a rosey picture of the Bills?

Wondering why it is ok to post positive things but not ok to post negative things?

Wondering why negative post are seen as whinning?

Wondering if anyone has ever thought that some fans are sick of hearing fans "talk up the Bills."

These last 5 questions are rhetorical....(San Jose if you don't now what that means look it up or I will assist you)

I would like to hear what you guys think. I don't need to here about the other crap that has been going on...Lets talk football!

She brings zero to the table. No insight, no remedy, no humor, no knowledge, nothing interesting. Like listening to a kid whine all the time.

In addition, I have an instinctive conviction, that she is not a Bills fan but is really a troll.

mpl does not pass the test, does not ring true, seems phony and inauthentic.

This person has not proven in their commentary, like the vast majority of us have, our passion for our football team.

It's always the milquetoast "I've lost hope over the last ten years" nonsense. Baloney.

This person has every opportunity to prove a Bills fan. The ball is no longer in my court.

mpl has the ball. Let's see what she does with it.

With all do respect San Jose, I do not think this forum is appropriate for us to debate one another. This is a forum to discuss the Bills and like it or not that is what I intend to do. You can continue to "sling mud" and make incorrect statements/assessments. I will not respond to them.

(1) I am not happy with our offensive line. Don't like our LT( Meridith or Bell) and RT (Green). I think our center Hartgardner is average. I really like Levitre and a healthy Woods. Bottom line is a think teams will expose our tackle positions. Are you happy with the OL? I am disappointed that the Bills haven't addressed a LT position in either of the last 2 drafts. Wang is a project and I hope he works out...Stated this in prior post.

(2) I am not happy with our current QB situation. I don't think any of our 4 QBs are top 15 material. Are you happy with our current QB roster? Stated in prior post that I think the Bills "missed the boat" on not picking Clausen at 41. Received many responses from hopeful fans that Galiey can make one of our QB productive. I stated skepticism regarding this due to weak OL and weak WR personnel. Was this so out of line?

(3) I am not happy with our WR roster. LEE EVANS IS MY FAVORITE BILL and I think he is a stud. After that, I don't see much. Johnson unproven, Easley raw, Parrish I don't like, and Hardy appears lost having difficulty separating and learning routes (not to mention coming off a serious injury). Are you happy with the Bills WR core? Was this so out of line?

Stated poor OL, QB, and WR personnel doesn't equate to winning many games. Is that so out of line?

(4) I am fully anticipating Schobel is going to retire. IMO, he is our only bonafide pass rusher. Maybin is young raw and learning new position. As a result, I don't know how effective he will be. Are you happy with our pass rush? Stated in prior post wish the Bills would have picked Orakpo. Easy to say after the fact but on that draft day I wanted Oher badly or Orakpo. Time will tell on the Maybin pick. Previous post stated Maybin appears to be a bust. Too early to tell in hindsight . Not really a correct statement to make. I stand corrected.

(5) Are you confident the Bills can stop the run? This has been a nemesis of our for the past few years. Trope pick has addressed this situation. I have stated I was unhappy with this pick. I like the guys motor and attitude. However, I think the Bills could have gotten him much later (round 3,4 or 5). Cody and Thomas were also on the board. Time will tell. I have my doubts that this unit with a new scheme and unproven DC is going to be able to effectively stop the run...Stated in prior post I think Pery Fewell will be missed. (I do like the LB we picked up from Denver)

(6) I have spoken about Chan Gailey's track record as a head coach in college and the NFL. IMO, it is a definite upgrade from Juaron. That's being an arm chair fan. I remember when DICK Jauron was hired and I liked the hire. I liked his defensive mindset and his ability to communicate with his players. I liked the direction Levy was taking...I was the one oozing with enthusiasm. Boy was I ever wrong........ Could we all be wrong with Gailey/NIX? With todays NFL coaching carousel how come coach Gailey wasn't snagged up by any other team prior to us? Just a thought? Yet, when I show skepticism regarding Gailey and Nix I get crucified. Just food for thought. How did Wade Philips do with the Bills?

(7) I really like the Bills secondary and special teams. I am glad Bruce D is back.

(8) Every time I ask you to respond to comments like" what have you been saying about the Bills for the past several years? Have you been saying the same basic thing after every regime change? I never seem to get a response with the exception of being a TROLL.

Wondering if a Bills fan has a right to criticize his team and vent years of frustration?

Wondering why it is ok to post positive things but not ok to post negative things?

Wondering if anyone has ever thought that some fans are sick of hearing fans "talk up the Bills."

These last 5 questions are rhetorical....(San Jose if you don't now what that means look it up or I will assist you)

I would like to hear what you guys think. I don't need to here about the other crap that has been going on...Lets talk football!

Pyrite Gal?

Ok, here's how this thread was supposed to work. I post don't feed the trolls. People who post to trolls were supposed to read it and think that maybe it's not a good idea to post to trolls and they stop doing so and trolls get frustrated and leave. Oh well, it was an exercise in futility anyway.

I didn't mention any names so those of you who think it was giving them more attention are wrong. Had I written names you would be right. When the trolls entered this thread ignoring them would have fulfilled the whole point of the thread. :worthy:

Trolls are not only great and wonderful they are the living embodiment of the purpose of sport in general and football in specific- the catharsis release of emotion- love and blessings on the Bills, hate and the wish of misfortune on other teams especially NE and really especially on Tom Brady and Bill Belicheat- so when you see a troll don't hold back, vent your spleen, let it all go- you'll feel great, the troll will be well fed, everyone will be happy.

As I already stated, I rarely get into pissing contests or attack others. But I was compelled to make an exception in your case.

And as I've said a few times now, your negativity is not the issue. There are many chronically negative posters here. That's not the point.

I'll say it one more time for you, mpl. You whine (one "n") constantly. You have no fresh insights. No interesting takes. No sense of humor or optimism. You just drone on the same things over and over without saying one thing in the way of provocative, interesting, or humorous perspective.

In addition, I get no sense of real affinity for the Bills. Again you profess it, but there's never an anecdote, an observation, any moment in your writing which indicates that you are a Bills fan.

You claim to be a Bills fan. I'm not seeing it. I'm not feeling it. I'm not believing it.

As for my position on many Bills-related subjects, I would advise you to review my post history. It should be pretty clear. You might have to go back a ways to address all of your talking points…I don't post the same things over and over, every day, like you do. To summarize for you, the team is rebuilding, is weak, unproven, and/or questionable in most areas. I accept this. I don't harp on it every day. I've spoken well of our defensive backfield. In some respects I'm cautiously optimistic.

I don't recall you ever asking my opinion on anything. And it wasn't until recently that I called you a troll. You must have me mistaken with someone else who called you a troll. I know your fan club has grown in a short period of time.

Look. You really are veering off track if you make snide remarks about my vocabulary, use of language, or spelling skills. I would advise you not to go there.

You know, mpl. I feel bad about this. I really do. I'm not one who usually attacks others. I apologize to you for anything I might have said that hurt you. I believe that you are not a Bills fan but maybe I'm wrong. I also want to apologize to the other posters here for making an issue of your visits.

I will put you on ignore. That's what I usually do with people I don't enjoy and that's what I should have done this time.