If our guys would squat like this, they would have no leg problems

Personally, I hated squatting. I've played with a bunch of guys who had their careers ruined by the exercise. A lot more teams are moving away from heavy squatting into other exercises. Core exercises should be the main focus of any strength and conditioning progam IMO.

I would wager a few of our players are putting up more than 605.
How do you figure since most haven't squatted since college thanks to the kitty 'strength' coaches we have had recently.

As someone who used to work out quite a bit, a good squat to body weight ratio for men is 2:1

So theoretically, most 300 pound NFL linemen should be able to squat 605 pounds without too much trouble.

Cbiscuit thinks ab work can replace squatting.

I assume some of our players have been taking matters into their own hands. Most training has to occur of the players own volition, and I guessed that they are doing squats. They may not be.

I have seen a six two, 245 lb man squat 605 twice. I sure hope a lot of our players can put that much up.

Cbiscuit thinks ab work can replace squatting.

I assume some of our players have been taking matters into their own hands. Most training has to occur of the players own volition, and I guessed that they are doing squats. They may not be.

I have seen a six two, 245 lb man squat 605 twice. I sure hope a lot of out players can put that much up.

Much better than banging 15 yos for drugs.

C.Biscuit, I am glad you are so interested in my sexual misadventures. I am in fact a pervert of many stripes, and have done many other deviant things of a nonsexual nature. I assume if you knew another way to defame me you would do so. Maybe we can talk about that privately.

In the mean time, lets talk about this topic.

Personally, I hated squatting. I've played with a bunch of guys who had their careers ruined by the exercise. A lot more teams are moving away from heavy squatting into other exercises. Core exercises should be the main focus of any strength and conditioning progam IMO.

I'm with you.... I have back and knee issues from heavy squatting... I now do mainly core exercises and light weight training and I'm in the best shape I've been in since college...

Whatever man. IT doesn't matter how much you squat you can still screw up a knee when someone falls on it.

Personally i don't think strength and conditioning has as much to do with injuries as some of you guys think. It's more about teaching guys proper techiniques to block and tackle. Dick Jauron has only a few pads practices last training camp. Players need to practice football with pads on for the games. Football is completely different with the pads on which is why i don't think much of the OTA highlight reels. OTA's is more about learning the plays than anything.

Trent Edwards wouldn't have as many injuries if he recognized where a blitz was coming from and shifted protection schemes to protect him in the pocket. You guys really think it's coicidence that Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Dree Brees aren't injuried often? Besides the freak accidents like Brady and Brees had they are very good at reading defenses and shifting coverage to meet it.

Strength and conditioning comes into the injury report because when guys are out of shape they get gased early which causes players to get sloppy and eventually hurt.

I am totally not into muscle chicks,

but she is pretty hot.

And impressive.

I've been lifting for years, and if people want to talk about squats and some want to talk about "core"...this takes care of 'em both.

I wonder if she can do that naked...

That guys form is awful figuring is back is hunched over like that guy from notre dame.

Chin to the ceiling...

And even with perfect form, squats can do more harm than good. Some peoples bodies just dont agree with it. There are other ways to get leg strength, but IMO its th best you can do for the big lineman at least. The skill guys not so much.

Whatever man. IT doesn't matter how much you squat you can still screw up a knee when someone falls on it.

Personally i don't think strength and conditioning has as much to do with injuries as some of you guys think. It's more about teaching guys proper techiniques to block and tackle. Dick Jauron has only a few pads practices last training camp. Players need to practice football with pads on for the games. Football is completely different with the pads on which is why i don't think much of the OTA highlight reels. OTA's is more about learning the plays than anything.

Trent Edwards wouldn't have as many injuries if he recognized where a blitz was coming from and shifted protection schemes to protect him in the pocket. You guys really think it's coicidence that Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Dree Brees aren't injuried often? Besides the freak accidents like Brady and Brees had they are very good at reading defenses and shifting coverage to meet it.

Strength and conditioning comes into the injury report because when guys are out of shape they get gased early which causes players to get sloppy and eventually hurt.

exactly, i really doubt that if his knees were locked out and a high velocity fat ass were to slam into his lower legs, squatting with no hands is gonna stop his acl from snapping backwards. Nice try Darth, stick with beating on TE....thats where your experience is.

Linemen need those major legs and butts. Core is absolutely necessary for everyone, but the main focus? Not so much.

The squat is one of the best ones, arguably the single best, but there's a thousand ways to walk to Babylon.

One thing's for sure, though, whatever we were doing the past few years simply wasn't getting it done. It looks so far as if the new guys are headed in the right direction. Let's hope it works out that way.