Reggie Torbor agreed to 2-year deal with the Bills

A surprisingly comprehensive wiki page for Reggie Torbor:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reggie_Torbor

He appears to be an outside linebacker. Some good info in this link.

During the 2008 offseason, it was reported that Torbor was projected to start for the Dolphins at inside linebacker alongside Channing Crowder, but would face pressure from Akin Ayodele.[3]

right from the article. Sounds like some ILB depth to pair with Poz and Andra Davis.

During the 2008 offseason, it was reported that Torbor was projected to start for the Dolphins at inside linebacker alongside Channing Crowder, but would face pressure from Akin Ayodele.[3]

right from the article. Sounds like some ILB depth to pair with Poz and Andra Davis.

Maybe he plays both inside and outside. In 2007 with the Giants, "All six of his regular season starts, and his four subsequent starts, were in place of injured linebacker Mathias Kiwanuka."

Kiwanuka is an outside pass rusher so I assumed Torbor played outside linebacker. Looks like a versatile player.

It gets obsessive at times…love the Bills.

That's what makes this place cool, informed and passionate fans bringing breaking news to us in one consolidated forum. I think Torbor provides nice depth, and with OLB so unsettled he could help there.

Torbor was sold on Buffalo by Spencer Johnson. They're real close as is former Giant teammate Kawika Mitchell.

Seems like everyone is treating it as a foregone conclusion that Torbor will be on the opening day roster.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/06/05/s...ed-sell-torbor/

It's good that a current Bills player can help persuade another player to give the Bills a chance. I'm not sure if Torbor will start for us but he's good depth. I wonder tho if he sticks, then who doesn't? It's all good as long as the Bills roster is better than last year.

Actually think this is a solid move. Its nothing that is going to put us over the top but it something that could help our D last a lot longer. Last year we had 0 depth at Linebacker and this season now we are going into the season we have some decent depth at MLB.

I like the idea of Torbor slotting in as a backup MLB and Mitchel slotting in as a flex backup at both MLB and OLB. All in all our D is less likely to wear down towards the end of the season being that we have two quality backup MLB's.

Its also a good signing because Davis wore down towards the end of last season for Denver (Even missing 3 games) and Poz gets hurt enough to be a concern. So if one or both go down we have a decent amount of guys to replace them.

Actually think this is a solid move. Its nothing that is going to put us over the top but it something that could help our D last a lot longer. Last year we had 0 depth at Linebacker and this season now we are going into the season we have some decent depth at MLB.

I like the idea of Torbor slotting in as a backup MLB and Mitchel slotting in as a flex backup at both MLB and OLB. All in all our D is less likely to wear down towards the end of the season being that we have two quality backup MLB's.

Its also a good signing because Davis wore down towards the end of last season for Denver (Even missing 3 games) and Poz gets hurt enough to be a concern. So if one or both go down we have a decent amount of guys to replace them.

What he said. :thumbdown:

Dollars to donuts this guy makes the team, as a second stringer most likely. This is a very good move. It sounds like more than just the Bills were trying to get him and SJ convinced him to come here. JMO

There are two games each year, I'm sure, that he will be totally jacked for too! :thumbdown:

Here's Torbors pre draft writeup from SI;

REGGIE TORBOR

Reggie Torbor - DE Position: DE

Class: Sr

School: Auburn

Conference: SEC

Ht., Wt.: 6'2, 254

40 Time: 4.69

Grade: 3.76

Selected by New York Giants

Round 4, pick 1 (97 overall)

BIO: Two-year starter who posted numbers of 38/14/9.5 as a senior after junior totals of 26/8/3.5. Ran well at the Combine posting a pair of 40 times under 4.7 seconds.

POSITIVES: Athletic pass rushing end who projects to linebacker at the next level. Quickly gets off the ball, breaks down well and rushes the edge with speed. Bends his knees, plays with leverage and rarely off his feet. Immediately adjusts off blocks, gets back to playing form and pursues from the backside.

NEGATIVES: Overall game lacks suddenness. Seems tentative playing off the line of scrimmage. Not big and handled at the point of attack or easily ridden from pass rush angles.

ANALYSIS: A fine athlete that makes a lot of plays in the offensive backfield, Torbor has the physical skills to be an outside linebacker in a conventional defense. Athletic abilities give him a nice upside for the next level.

PROJECTION: Early Third Round

Sounds good to me. George Edwards was his coach in Miami and the kid knows the 3-4, what's not to like?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

REGGIE TORBOR

BIO: Two-year starter who posted numbers of 38/14/9.5 as a senior after junior totals of 26/8/3.5. Ran well at the Combine posting a pair of 40 times under 4.7 seconds.

POSITIVES: Athletic pass rushing end who projects to linebacker at the next level. Quickly gets off the ball, breaks down well and rushes the edge with speed. Bends his knees, plays with leverage and rarely off his feet. Immediately adjusts off blocks, gets back to playing form and pursues from the backside.

NEGATIVES: Overall game lacks suddenness. Seems tentative playing off the line of scrimmage. Not big and handled at the point of attack or easily ridden from pass rush angles.

ANALYSIS: A fine athlete that makes a lot of plays in the offensive backfield, Torbor has the physical skills to be an outside linebacker in a conventional defense. Athletic abilities give him a nice upside for the next level.

Sounds good to me. George Edwards was his coach in Miami and the kid knows the 3-4, what's not to like?

Yep. another B player for a team loaded with B players. Its all good, don't get me wrong, but don't expect more than a few wins from this group this year unless the O Line comes together and they get unexpectedly good QB play. Those are two gigantic 'ifs"

REGGIE TORBOR

Here's what I find so ironic about this post. This isn't aimed at anyone in particular. So many people here have been so quick to disregard the so called experts opinions regarding the Bills. For example, the power ranking of the Bills.

Yet we find a post here from a so called expert we don't even know. How many of you are willing to accept or be open minded regarding this experts opinion. I suspect more than there should be because it is something we want to hear. Its a positive so it is less questioned.

In summary, we all believe what we want to believe and we are more likely to believe something if it fits into our thinking pattern.

By the way, it is ridiculous to make this post. Thats old news on Torber and I don't give to shi ts about some college scouting report. Lets look at how he has performed as a pro. For christ's sake the guy has been in the league for 6-7 years and your going to quote some college scouting report?

Here's what I find so ironic about this post. This isn't aimed at anyone in particular. So many people here have been so quick to disregard the so called experts opinions regarding the Bills. For example, the power ranking of the Bills.

Yet we find a post here from a so called expert we don't even know. How many of you are willing to accept or be open minded regarding this experts opinion. I suspect more than there should be because it is something we want to hear. Its a positive so it is less questioned.

In summary, we all believe what we want to believe and we are more likely to believe something if it fits into our thinking pattern.

By the way, it is ridiculous to make this post. Thats old news on Torber and I don't give to shi ts about some college scouting report. Lets look at how he has performed as a pro. For christ's sake the guy has been in the league for 6-7 years and your going to quote some college scouting report?

wow, if you think this is bad, you probably do not fit into the Bills marketing mold or might even have thoughts based on reality. <sarc> :thumbsup:

The Bills power ranking is based on reality and is pretty low for this year. The good news is there is really only one way to go and that is up. I visit this and the Sabres page to see if there are any notable off-season moves to get excited about, but so far it has been more of the same.

The other thing we could do is criticize the team for picking up a guy who will ride the bench all year. It is ridiculous for the Bills to do this. Almost every other team in the NFL has 53 starters.