LT Wang carted off after hurting left leg

PFT says high ankle sprain, and should be ready for training camp.

per buffalo rumblings

Really? Oh, man, that would be great. I mean, not that he sprained it, but that he'll be ready for camp. Hope that report is right on.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When do we get to start blaming the new strength and conditioning coaches?

Seriously? After the second straight year leading the league (or even being very close) in injuries. That's when I started yelling for the last guy's head.

The first year is mostly dependent on the S&C program of the year before. It takes more than three months to re-make bodies. That's why rookies aren't in NFL shape till their second years.

Damn, I hope not everyone who is so hard core into upholding the Constitution is not so negative. I know i'm not.

I'm not negative. I've been following this team for 40+ years now and I STILL have not given up hope of a Super Bowl championship. Just saying it has required a certain level of dedication to follow this team as they've had some very long stretches of lean years over the years. I'd say I'm anything but negative.

The Bills should have Picked up a OT in the first round or made a trade - if Green is the answer, the question must have been how do we continue to suck for five more years- Wang is at best a backup for the next three years maybe forever - when are we going to demand players who can be building blocks for a solid team not a piece of duct tape that we hope can keep our beater together. Green is a 34 year old journeyman, by the time we get a QB who can take us anyplace he's going to be gone, if he's not a backup then he's a hindrance to a young OT getting experience or a delusion for the front office not getting an real player who can stick around for 5-6 years.

Wow! You can tell all of that from OTA reports a little over a month after the draft. You're good. :thumbsup:

High ankle sprains can be lingering. Takes about 5 weeks or so. Lucky it happened now instead of during training camp if there is a good side to this.

Shouldnt have happened at all. It doesnt seem like the end of the world, but give me a break. It is so taxing being a fan of this team. This type of stuff happens to no other team.

Makes me think I'll never see the Bills in the playoffs ever again, and I'm only 30. If I could walk away from this team I would without question.

Shouldnt have happened at all. It doesnt seem like the end of the world, but give me a break. It is so taxing being a fan of this team. This type of stuff happens to no other team.

Makes me think I'll never see the Bills in the playoffs ever again, and I'm only 30. If I could walk away from this team I would without question.

Disagree. Even though they are not in pads, you've got guys flying around all over the place. Collisions still happen. There are going to be injuries and that's just a fact. Let's just hope that the injury numbers drop significantly from last year.

how sad is it that this board is so distraught that our rookie 5th rd LT went down? On teams that actually make the playoffs this wouldnt even be news, but for our sh*t team is counting on a 5th round rookie to start at the second most important position on the team....

It's all part of the master plan. Get a chinese player, you suddenly have 1 billion more fans. Out of those billion fans, someone probably has the money to buy the team. Move the team to Bejing, so opposing teams suffer jet lag when playing the Bejing Bills at "home", thereby giving the Bills home playoff games, and an easy road to their Super Bowl victory!

It's all part of the master plan. Get a chinese player, you suddenly have 1 billion more fans. Out of those billion fans, someone probably has the money to buy the team. Move the team to Bejing, so opposing teams suffer jet lag when playing the Bejing Bills at "home", thereby giving the Bills home playoff games, and an easy road to their Super Bowl victory!

Thanks for lightening the mood! :thumbsup:

LOL! I love the creative juices on this board..

Seriously? After the second straight year leading the league (or even being very close) in injuries. That's when I started yelling for the last guy's head.

The first year is mostly dependent on the S&C program of the year before. It takes more than three months to re-make bodies. That's why rookies aren't in NFL shape till their second years.

But.....they took the TVs out of the weight room.....

I read somewhere that's what it took to prevent this type of thing.

High ankle sprains can be lingering. Takes about 5 weeks or so. Lucky it happened now instead of during training camp if there is a good side to this.

Ligament involvement, IIRC. Time frame sounds right - I recall players going on IR later in the season if they got one.