Nfl sunday ticket; Who's signing up?

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It won't huh? The problem with "going somewhere else" is that no one else offers the NFL Sunday Ticket. So no schitt the grass isn't greener anywhere else if you are an NFL fan.

If everyone had the Sunday ticket, DTV would be in some trouble. No one would pay to have their equipment serviced or worked on just to receive DTV's signal. Why would you, when you could have someone like FIOS when all of that comes free? Their package prices would also have to come down. While it doesn't happen a ton, you do lose signal with DTV in Thunderstorms. Especially the big T-storms in the south. You also don't pay for extra room receivers with most cable companies, that would also have to change.

DTV would suffer if all others had the Sunday Ticket. I don't think it would be their death by any means, but they would have to change their business model immensely to keep people from switching to someone like FIOS, which would be superior to DTV with the Sunday Ticket.

I just wish it would happen, so DTV would have to tighten up a little bit.

Sunday Ticket is far from the only competitive advantage they have. If you like compressed, down-rezzed HD-Lite, then by all means go to dish. I hear the comcrap DVR's are a lot of fun. Try to find as much full time national HD channels (part time RSN's and on demand titles don't count). If you like hockey, can't get NHL Center Ice with Uverse. DirecTV also gives dual feeds of most hockey games, both in HD (sorry again Dish, and cable, and Uverse). I could go on. Sunday Ticket just really solidifies their leadership. Maybe those things aren't important to you. By all means, leave. Or just pay and shut up.

For those who are going to cancel you need to call Direct TV and do ity ASAP. As for me, my brother and I split it. I'll go to his place to watch the games. :thumbdown:

If you and your brother, both have DTV here is a great soultion, order the package that you both agree on. If the

the one you agree on is 100$ a month, you may have up 6 receivers for one account. Without DTV knowledge you,

have three each. This would your cost to 50$ a month. SUNDAY TICKET is also spilt in half. If you need help with this

e-mail at hornhiyoe@aol.com

Good Luck

Even though it's a bit pricey, it's still not a bad value again, when you measure it against sports bars. And when you have a DVR/Tivo, it adds to the value.

I watch the games live but occasionally something pops up and I have to watch it recorded. Also, if you're like me (hopefully not) you'll want to watch the game more than once. I try to figure out what's going on with the offensive line play and that requires multiple reviews of each play.

Anyways, I love

I was so mad when i went online to my directv account. I clicked on nfl sunday ticket, and price is now $315. yikes!!!

I'm still getting it. Maybe that's why I was mad. lol

So who else is krazy like me? Meaning renewing or singing up for sunday ticket.

Call me crazy -- despite the price tag, I'm renewing.

350/16= Less than twenty-two bucks a game. Please.........

fancy i didnt say i started punching foos, i was upset for like 5 minutes.

i'm getting it! done!

i told my coworker about the increase and he said, "hell no, im not renewing" 1 minute later i said, "that means you wont be able to see your dumb loser flying eagles beat up on the cowboys" 10 seconds later he said, "damn i'm renewing again too"

thats the mad i was talking about. the madness that is a result of you knowing you will have to bite it and get it anyway.

not the mad that starts breaking stuff.

Call me crazy -- despite the price tag, I'm renewing.

You're way out there dude. Crazy.

thats the mad i was talking about. the madness that is a result of you knowing you will have to bite it and get it anyway.

not the mad that starts breaking stuff.

You don't have to get so pissed off about it.

there goes that crazy ass notwoz!

Dude is totally off the hook. And I told him to his face.

If you and your brother, both have DTV here is a great soultion, order the package that you both agree on. If the

the one you agree on is 100$ a month, you may have up 6 receivers for one account. Without DTV knowledge you,

have three each. This would your cost to 50$ a month. SUNDAY TICKET is also spilt in half. If you need help with this

Good Luck

good luck since your breaking the rules of your contract.

If everyone had the Sunday ticket, DTV would be in some trouble. No one would pay to have their equipment serviced or worked on just to receive DTV's signal. Why would you, when you could have someone like FIOS when all of that comes free? Their package prices would also have to come down. While it doesn't happen a ton, you do lose signal with DTV in Thunderstorms. Especially the big T-storms in the south. You also don't pay for extra room receivers with most cable companies, that would also have to change.

What are you talking about? Every cable company I've ever seen charges for a box in every room. They also charge for the remote control (or at least did when I was a subscriber before DirecTV).

Dish doesn't have the Ticket and they're still in business...

And for those who complain about cable and/or Dish not having it - it's all about money. The NFL offered it up to the cable companies a few years back and they didn't want to pay for it. The NFL isn't going to give it away for free!

Sunday Ticket is far from the only competitive advantage they have.

You also forgot to mention that they have the best DVR technology from what I've seen (although I still preferred the DirecTiVos...). They just added the ability to record a show on one DVR in the house and watch it on any other DVR in the house. Pretty handy, and I don't believe any cable companies or Dish offer that (correct me if I'm wrong).

Again, lots of people were paying full price last year (believe it or not, not everyone reads the internet!). So they actually ARE cutting the price for a LOT of people this year.

Good Luck

Hi TraceyLee. Your son teach you about stealing again?

Better not connect the DVR to the network and don't connect a phone line either... And that generally means no software updates, no On Demand, and no PPV.

The fact that you have to call every year to bargain is enough to now make people hate DTV.

We did call one time to see when our pricing bundle changed, and they just extended it another two years at the old price.

:thumbdown:

"I don't want to call every year to bargain!'

"I called FIOS to bargain!"

Sorry, I thought that was pretty funny. You're complaining about having to make a single phone call (BTW - I did it through a simple email last year) and that's why people are going to hate DTV -- yet you had to do the same thing for FIOS.

Companies want to make money. They also want to make people happy. They'll charge you money, and if you call and ask nicely, they might charge you less to make you happy. What's the problem, all businesses work that way! :thumbdown:

They also charge for the remote control (or at least did when I was a subscriber before DirecTV).

They just added the ability to record a show on one DVR in the house and watch it on any other DVR in the house. Pretty handy, and I don't believe any cable companies or Dish offer that (correct me if I'm wrong).

Time Warner doesn't charge me for the remote. I'm not sure on the box since there is a DVR charge on my bill, but I believe the basic/HD boxes there is no charge. I can check with my sister tomorrow since she has a non-DVR HD box with TW.

And I believe Fios has the multi-room DVR ability from commercials I've seen.

Time Warner doesn't charge me for the remote. I'm not sure on the box since there is a DVR charge on my bill, but I believe the basic/HD boxes there is no charge. I can check with my sister tomorrow since she has a non-DVR HD box with TW.

And I believe Fios has the multi-room DVR ability from commercials I've seen.

According to this site it's $7/box:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...26075423AAeDbXc

And this site says a similar thing:

http://gadgetress.freedomblogging.com/file...wcpricehike.jpg

http://www.satelliteguys.us/time-warner-ca...ge-per-dvr.html

2 years ago.

Over a year ago

Yes, like I said, I do have a DVR charge on my bill of $10 each month. Let me check with my sister tomorrow and see if she is being charged for a non-DVR box.

Here's one from 6 months ago :thumbdown:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/time-warner-ca...ge-per-dvr.html

Apparently they charge $8.75/mo plus 25 cents for the remote in NYC. It all depends on what city you live in though apparently.

Mr. Fez,

I've seen you post on multiple(hundreds) occasions and I would guess you are probably the most knowledgable on here when it comes to DTV. I've had DTV and the Sunday Ticket since '96.

I am curious about their new whole house DVR thing. I have talked to the moronic CSR's and they don't have much of a clue how it works. I am in the process of moving into a new house and am curious if the whole house DVR thing would work. Do I still need dual cables into every room that is receiving the DVR feed or would I be able to work the receivers off of a single feed?

Also, since I am moving and having a new Dish installled, DTV has informed me that a couple of my Receivers/DVR's are outdated and that I have to upgrade to match the new Dish. Is this true, since the ones that I have are probably between 6 and 10 years old?

Thanks and I (we) appreciate your knowledge and help with everything when it comes to DTV and others.

.I am curious about their new whole house DVR thing. I have talked to the moronic CSR's and they don't have much of a clue how it works. I am in the process of moving into a new house and am curious if the whole house DVR thing would work.

The whole home DVR works by sending the signal along the coax to other DVRs (it works over cat5 too but I don't know if they're going to activate that for general use - I was part of the beta program). Keep in mind that I believe they're starting to charge $3/mo now :thumbdown:

Do I still need dual cables into every room that is receiving the DVR feed or would I be able to work the receivers off of a single feed?

Also, since I am moving and having a new Dish installled, DTV has informed me that a couple of my Receivers/DVR's are outdated and that I have to upgrade to match the new Dish. Is this true, since the ones that I have are probably between 6 and 10 years old?

You still need two wires -- or you can use SWM (Single Wire Multiswitch). I've never used SWM, so you'd have to research that one a bit more, but it should work well:

http://www.swm8.com/index.php

They're correct about upgrading DVRs, but only if you want HD. All of the SD stuff is still (I believe) in the same location. That said, if you use the "Movers Connection," you'll probably get some free upgrades if you ask. It's worth taking advantage for the