Get ready for the second half of the year.....

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Show me a thread on TSW that never got hijacked and I'll show you a thread that never made it page 2

I'm sure one of the threads in the 3.5-a-thon was never hijacked.

Or was hijacked from inception. Depends on your point of view, really.

I don't have paralysis by analysis. I just like things that make sense. I understand that gold is a safe haven in times of currency destabilization. But it still makes no sense.

It's not that difficult to understand. It's a currency, it's been used as a currency well before the dollar or any other form of paper currency.

When paper currencies are under siege or getting devalued, the yellow metal becomes a very attractive option, why? Becomes gold has no debt, gold is the ultimate safe haven currency. I don't understand how it doesn't make sense to you, it's really quite simple. So yes, I would say it is a classic case of paralysis by analysis. :wallbash:

It's not that difficult to understand. It's a currency, it's been used as a currency well before the dollar or any other form of paper currency.

When paper currencies are under siege or getting devalued, the yellow metal becomes a very attractive option, why? Becomes gold has no debt, gold is the ultimate safe haven currency. I don't understand how it doesn't make sense to you, it's really quite simple. So yes, I would say it is a classic case of paralysis by analysis. :wallbash:

Are you really G Gordan Liddy?

gold

I was just trying to emulate your simplicity.... :worthy:

btw, WTF is this Madox character?

Shh...Jim is sensitive about his typing issues. He's been taking lessons online, but they aren't helping.

Jim: :wallbash:

I went to a store today and gave them 1 lb of gold for a hoagie. They wouldn't take it. Goold luck for me and my lb of gold.

The analysis that doesn't paralyze me is that I've got a nice chunk of money in gold because it's doing well. The part that mystifies me is not why people would rather be in gold than currencies--currencies are a nightmare right now--but why people would rather be in gold than companies.

I think he sees that. What he, and many gold doubters (self included), don't understand is how possibly you can have enough physical gold to backstop today's global economy to be a true reserve currency. Never mind that you're basing your reserve on a commodity that's extracted in many countries with "lax" labor laws.

I went to a store today and gave them 1 lb of gold for a hoagie. They wouldn't take it. Goold luck for me and my lb of gold.

The analysis that doesn't paralyze me is that I've got a nice chunk of money in gold because it's doing well. The part that mystifies me is not why people would rather be in gold than currencies--currencies are a nightmare right now--but why people would rather be in gold than companies.

I didn't type all this to have you block my PM:

I'm not in a defensive mode. You sent me a PM and I replied and we went back and forth...........I didn't understand that link was for a thread to discuss John Wooden, the man. I thought you thought it was the same thread and that you were pointing out that it wasn't deleted (You didn't say anything - you just posted the link).........I honestly didn't know there was such things as in memoriam threads as opposed to threads to discuss the man.........If there is such a thing and I didn't get the memo when I signed on the internet then I apologize. And, I'm being serious. If those are unwritten etiquette rules of this forum and a thread that is meant to be just RIP, then I can see your point and I apologize........I either asked you or was going to ask you if it would have been the right thing to start a thread about Sam Gilbert and such. I know I said that if I posted next week, nobody would care.........I was thinking that I wouldn't do it on any type of legacy.com thread and such, and if you are right in that this is similar, then you are right and I am wrong........I just had never seen that - where one thread is just to say RIP and another is discuss the human being.

I think he sees that. What he, and many gold doubters (self included), don't understand is how possibly you can have enough physical gold to backstop today's global economy to be a true reserve currency. Never mind that you're basing your reserve on a commodity that's extracted in many countries with "lax" labor laws.

Forget about being a "true reserve currency", thats not the case that I am making, it's about paper vs hard assets. When paper goes down, hard assets become more attractive. Since gold is a hard asset currency, it's value is enhanced as paper currencies become debased. It really isn't that difficult. Well, at least I'm glad that I least I get it, as do my clients, and for that, we are being rewarded. :worthy:

Oh and JA, why don't you see if you can trade in 2 shares of Citi for that Hoagie, maybe they will take it.

Oh and whoever runs that store, not accepting a lb of gold for a hoagie, is a dumbass. :wallbash:

Forget about being a "true reserve currency", thats not the case that I am making, it's about paper vs hard assets. When paper goes down, hard assets become more attractive. Since gold is a hard asset currency, it's value is enhanced as paper currencies become debased. It really isn't that difficult. Well, at least I'm glad that I least I get it, as do my clients, and for that, we are being rewarded. :wallbash:

Oh and JA, why don't you see if you can trade in 2 shares of Citi for that Hoagie, maybe they will take it.

Without verifying it, I read the other day that C is one of the highest volume stocks these days. Unbelievable that it's turned into a borderline penny stock from it's mighty pedestal.

My issue with gold is that there's almost none of it. It's not useful. And I doubt people are going to start moving it around as a currency. I'm not so dumb as to not be in it. Over the last year, I wish I was more "in it" but I still watch it warily.

Never mind that you're basing your reserve on a commodity that's extracted in many countries with "lax" labor laws.

And you just made another point for why gold will continue to become more valuable. Unlike paper currencies, you can't print more gold. So if the supply of money goes up two fold and the overall supply of gold stays stagnant, guess what happens to the price of gold?

Bingo!

And I didn't block your endless Unibomberesque rambling PMs to have you post here and have you expect a response (at least from me).

So, even when I see your point of view and apologize for what may have been a mistake on my part, you still are as classy as ever.........PM me and then block my PM. Nice............Now, I realize that I wasn't dealing with somebody who has any intention of being civil and that that's a bunch of BS about two different types of threads. So, I guess it wasn't a mistake on my part, after all.

Without verifying it, I read the other day that C is one of the highest volume stocks these days. Unbelievable that it's turned into a borderline penny stock from it's mighty pedestal.

My issue with gold is that there's almost none of it. It's not useful. And I doubt people are going to start moving it around as a currency. I'm not so dumb as to not be in it. Over the last year, I wish I was more "in it" but I still watch it warily.

I'm not trying to be snide about this, but the only thing you need to know about gold, is that it's an ALTERNATE currency. Paper currency down, ALTERNATE currency up. At some point, when the value of paper currencies go up, then that will be the time to bail out on gold, and that time WILL come... It's just a matter of when, that's all.

So what to expect? Huge deficits from developed countries will lead to backstops from Central banks, because after all, they will be the lender of last resort, and governments will not want to risk the possibility of the ramifications of sovereign defaults. So, in short, we will most likely continue to see the printing presses at full steam ahead.

So, even when I see your point of view and apologize for what may have been a mistake on my part, you still are as classy as ever.........PM me and then block my PM. Nice............Now, I realize that I wasn't dealing with somebody who has any intention of being civil and that that's a bunch of BS about two different types of threads. So, I guess it wasn't a mistake on my part, after all.

It's my week for apologies. I didn't read your rant--just figured it was like the other 7 you PMed me and I was getting sick of them. I just read your note and I withdraw my insult and accept your apology. Now go beat up John Wooden's reputation.

And if you don't like me, I will weather it.

It's my week for apologies. I didn't ready your rant--just figured it was like the other 7 you PMed me and I was getting sick of them. I just read your note and I withdraw my insult and accept your apology. Now go beat up John Wooden's reputation.

And if you don't like me, I will weather it.

What the !@#$ is this? Niceness? Get this toxic **** off my board!

It's not that nice. I still think he's the unibomber and borderline stalker...and have his PMs blocked. But he did apologize and I didn't notice it (because really, after a while, who has the time to read people's posts?).

Don't worry - he threw in enough digs in his apology in order to not be accused of going soft! Apology accepted, JA. Peace.