Byrd has action photo installed in fieldhouse

Good guy! :wallbash:

It'll be interesting when the Bills play the Bears this year because his father is a coach for Chicago.

Interesting why? It's hardly unheard of that family members are on opposite sidelines.

Guest dog14787
Byrd, K Williams and F Jackson are the only three players IMO that come out of the Levy, Jauron, no GM era as examples of good picks or finds.

The jury is still out on a few players though, I think Shaun Nelson's stock will start to rise this season and Mckelvin is going to bounce back with a real solid year on defense and Special teams.

I also haven't given up on players like Marshawn Lynch who despite having a rocky reputation off the field has still shown flashes of greatness on the field.

Byrd, K Williams and F Jackson are the only three players IMO that come out of the Levy, Jauron, no GM era as examples of good picks or finds.

Evans, McGee, Florence (or do you mean found as a UDFA?), McKelvin?, Levitre, Wood?

ok i love the guy and congrats on your fieldhouse photo but ...

he could just as easily end up with zero picks and out of a starting job next season

i mean cmon, ive never see so many fluttering beach balls float right to somebody as he got last season. yes, he does have a nose for the ball, but literally at least five if not six of those picks literally floated right to him like they had eyes. i can only say there was ONE pick that i said to myself hey good play dude, the rest could have been caught by my quad-amputee grandma while she was napping in her lazibitch recliner

further, he was a mediocre tackler at best and relatively poor in run support. but im just not impressed with somebody that catches deflected balls virtually hovering in midair

as a person i like the guy a ton and i hope he develops into the all-pro we desperately need. but as far as im concerned he still has a ton to prove and i wouldnt be surprised at all if he gets benched by midseason

he could just as easily end up with zero picks and out of a starting job next season

i mean cmon, ive never see so many fluttering beach balls float right to somebody as he got last season. yes, he does have a nose for the ball, but literally at least five if not six of those picks literally floated right to him like they had eyes. i can only say there was ONE pick that i said to myself hey good play dude, the rest could have been caught by my quad-amputee grandma while she was napping in her lazibitch recliner

further, he was a mediocre tackler at best and relatively poor in run support. but im just not impressed with somebody that catches deflected balls virtually hovering in midair

as a person i like the guy a ton and i hope he develops into the all-pro we desperately need. but as far as im concerned he still has a ton to prove and i wouldnt be surprised at all if he gets benched by midseason

No argument from me, really. He was able to take advantage of some very bad throws last season. He has much he can improve upon which is why I like his response to the honor.

Evans, McGee, Florence (or do you mean found as a UDFA?), McKelvin?, Levitre, Wood?

Evans and McGee were drafted by the son of satan, Tom Donahoe. The rest of your list is okay. I think Florence was a steal in FA last year, hopefully McLovin, Levitre, and Wood heal and improve

Byrd YouTube Highlights

Watching that, it's clear there were a number of very poorly thrown balls that Byrd picked off. But, it's also clear that he has excellent field awareness and is very good in traffic, aggressively snagging the ball and taking off. I refuse to believe that other (say, Whitner) had fewer opportunities to be as close to the ball as he did. He put himself in good positions and absolutely made the best of each opportunity.

One of the bet parts of that highlight reel was seeing him slide after the pick at the end of the KC game, another reflection of his awareness, and beyond what I expect to see in a rookie. Regardless of his final stats, it's going to be fun to watch the kid continue to grow in the NFL.

I disagree with this, Byrd's always been a ballhawk his whole career, he had a lot of interceptions with the Ducks and it's not a total fluke when you have THAT many interceptions in one season. Yes some of them were lucky but part of being a ballhawk is having the sense to be in the right place at the right time. Byrd was the one always in the right place, I don't think you can call that luck.

Also, one of the early things I noticed about him before he started getting all of those interceptions was that he's a very hard-hitter, and seems like a consistent tackler.

What a ridiculous statement.