JaMarcus Russell

JR to check into a fat farm.

Okay, so JaMarcus is back over 300 pounds and nobody has the slightest interest in this colossal bust, but that doesn't mean the Bills shouldn't sign him.

First of all ESPN and NFLN haven't talked about the Bills in weeks. Signing JM would make us relevant again. True, everyone would be laughing at us, but that's better than being ignored.

Second, Russell was a #1 overall pick, so this guy must be 10 times better than any QB the Bills have. Do you know that Russell's score in Madden 2007 was a 90? That last Bills QB to have a score that high was Doug Flutie, and wasn't he awesome? Don't you want someone as awesome as Flutie again?

For cripes sake, people it's almost June and Nix hasn't done anything in weeks! WEEKS!! What the hell are they waiting for? GAAHHH! FRIGGIN' OFF-SEASON!

:censored:

PTR

Maybe if the Bills signed him as a "Designated Eater", he could devour the next player who costs them a game with an idiot play.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been around long enough for a whole 17 posts, and even I can see PTR's big smirky smiling emoticon and what I imagine is a huge robotic smirk somewhere.

Being Bill's fans doesn't mean we have to give up our sense of humor, folks. There's been a lot to laugh (and cry) about for the last 10+ years!

:censored: GREAT JOB PTR ... it is amazing how many have lost the ability to laugh and enjoy!

Of course, I have realized the daily need to keep current on Madden's ratings and memorize them so as I watch NFL games this fall I can rattle off each player's Madden numbers so I can determine which team is going to win ... this is in addition to my Mel Kiper worship chapel that still has Clausen's oh so worthy life size poster hanging in hopes that the Bills will fool Carolina into a trade (wait, Russell for Claussen... this might be the fulfillment of the Kiper dream) :(

I do understand sarcasm, but sometimes people post some crazy stuff on here. I am sorry if I missed it.

Well, this one was sarcastic. But I also have a very low opinion of Russel. He has, by every account I've read, put forth very little effort for his guaranteed $31.5m.

Well, this one was sarcastic. But I also have a very low opinion of Russel. He has, by every account I've read, put forth very little effort for his guaranteed $31.5m.

I have read alot about him too...falling asleep in meetings, not learning the playbook etc...Its really sad when you think about it.

Okay, so JaMarcus is back over 300 pounds and nobody has the slightest interest in this colossal bust, but that doesn't mean the Bills shouldn't sign him.

First of all ESPN and NFLN haven't talked about the Bills in weeks. Signing JM would make us relevant again. True, everyone would be laughing at us, but that's better than being ignored.

Second, Russell was a #1 overall pick, so this guy must be 10 times better than any QB the Bills have. Do you know that Russell's score in Madden 2007 was a 90? That last Bills QB to have a score that high was Doug Flutie, and wasn't he awesome? Don't you want someone as awesome as Flutie again?

For cripes sake, people it's almost June and Nix hasn't done anything in weeks! WEEKS!! What the hell are they waiting for? GAAHHH! FRIGGIN' OFF-SEASON!

PTR

I'd rather be ignored............JR is a fat LAZY pig who will never be a starting QB anywhere.

PTR

Holly S@#t Promo!!!! Just when I thought you were the one I could turn to for sound and fair criticism about our beloved Bills. Then this. WTF were your "so called " friends making you drink? I mean, come on man! JaBling on the Bills? It's not that bad. For heaven sake why not let Gailey and Nix have a crack at it for one year then start being the great armchair QB we all know and love. It will be O.K. take a deep breath, look up JaFatty's stats and game tapes. Stop drinking whatever you can find for cheap beer in WNY!!! Just because it's on sale doesn't make it OK to drink

PTR

Funny thing is, as you sit here and waste your time to bash the guy...he still has and ALWAYS will have more money AND athleticism than you could ever dream of.

Carry on...

PTR

Normally I agree with much of what you say....but to sign a fat, lazy, and underperforming quarterback to make us "relevant again" is a very irrational thought process. Those are the kind of roster moves that keep teams in the dungeon for many more years. Flutie and JR are no wheres near the same in many ways. I dont give a hoot what a madden game says. What do you want nix to do, sign players just to appease someone?

I highlighted the parts that will show you it was sarcasm. :(

Leaf passed mandarich a long time ago, but now jamarcus has passed Leaf.

He is by far the biggest bust to date

I don't know, Leaf was not only a bust but a huge douche too.

Funny thing is, as you sit here and waste your time to bash the guy...he still has and ALWAYS will have more money AND athleticism than you could ever dream of.

Carry on...

And money is relevant to his football abilities, how? This is relevant to his work ethic, how? If you think that just because he has more money and athletic talent that he has a harder work ethic than most people here you're wrong. Anybody here with that talent could do as well as him. A lot here could do more just by putting a little more effort in to maximize their talents.

I don't know, Leaf was not only a bust but a huge douche too.

very true, Leaf was a giant douche, however, one could argue that thru his complete indifference towards the job that jamarcus is equally as douchey as Leaf, and may have even surpassed him in douchiness on the football field. It remains to be seen if his acts of douchebaggery extend into his post football life as well, if he blows up to 350 and loses all his money, then he may indeed take the cake in the douchebag sweepstakes.

Holly S@#t Promo!!!! Just when I thought you were the one I could turn to for sound and fair criticism about our beloved Bills. Then this. WTF were your "so called " friends making you drink? I mean, come on man! JaBling on the Bills? It's not that bad. For heaven sake why not let Gailey and Nix have a crack at it for one year then start being the great armchair QB we all know and love. It will be O.K. take a deep breath, look up JaFatty's stats and game tapes. Stop drinking whatever you can find for cheap beer in WNY!!! Just because it's on sale doesn't make it OK to drink

Please don't trash PTR. I use to watch rocketship 7 when I was a kid and promo the robot was all right in my book. :censored:

Why not take a chance on the guy if we can get him for almost nothing? He has a better shot at making it in the pros than Levi Brown. The Bills figure he (Levi) was worth a shot with the 7th round pick right? Then why not Russell? What do you have to loose. Besides, Trent Edwards is ranked by some as the 31st QB in the league. Fitz is just decent backup. Brohm couldn't even make the GB roster. He was beaten out by Flynn from LSU who wasn't even a great college QB. Why do so many of you believe Brohm could be the one? Don't get me wrong, I think Russell is horrible but he is not much worse than what we have if he is motivated and focused. Thats a big IF...

What I am trying to say is that our QB situation is pathetic and probably the worst in the NFL. Yet the Bills fail to address a vital need to winning in the NFL. We as fans accept oh we are waiting for next year to draft a QB? Why do will accept this? Are they really going to get a QB next year? Could have gotten Clausen in the 2nd round. Not too steep of a price. Why not make a move for Jason Campell? Maybe they will try to draft a running back and convert him to QB. That is what the Bills have done for years; try to convert guys into different positions than they played in college. I dont get it. (Worked in Jason Peters case) Oh I almost forgot the daft pick will be from small smaller school not big powerhouse Division 1a school. I don't get it.......

Sincerly, a diehard frustrated Bills fan.

Why not take a chance on the guy if we can get him for almost nothing? He has a better shot at making it in the pros than Levi Brown. The Bills figure he (Levi) was worth a shot with the 7th round pick right? Then why not Russell? What do you have to loose. Besides, Trent Edwards is ranked by some as the 31st QB in the league. Fitz is just decent backup. Brohm couldn't even make the GB roster. He was beaten out by Flynn from LSU who wasn't even a great college QB. Why do so many of you believe Brohm could be the one? Don't get me wrong, I think Russell is horrible but he is not much worse than what we have if he is motivated and focused. Thats a big IF...

What I am trying to say is that our QB situation is pathetic and probably the worst in the NFL. Yet the Bills fail to address a vital need to winning in the NFL. We as fans accept oh we are waiting for next year to draft a QB? Why do will accept this? Are they really going to get a QB next year? Could have gotten Clausen in the 2nd round. Not too steep of a price. Why not make a move for Jason Campell? Maybe they will try to draft a running back and convert him to QB. That is what the Bills have done for years; try to convert guys into different positions than they played in college. I dont get it. (Worked in Jason Peters case) Oh I almost forgot the daft pick will be from small smaller school not big powerhouse Division 1a school. I don't get it.......

Sincerly, a diehard frustrated Bills fan.

I agree with some of your reasoning, but I can't buy the get Clausen in the 2nd or Campbell stuff.

Why do I accept waiting for the QB in next year's draft? : The Bills had a real mess of a team by the end of last season. They can't fix it all in one offseason. They know this. They did not feel that Jimmy Clausen is going to be a franchise QB, they may not even think he can be a decent starting QB. They also don't think Campbell is much, otherwise they would have offered more than Oakland. So, if they get either one of these guys, they are commiting the team's future, especially by spending a 2nd on Clausen, on a guy they don't feel is a long term answer. If Clausen turns into another JP, they're screwed for another 4 years. Meanwhile by filling other spots & waiting until next year's QB rich draft, they are doing it the right way-something they haven't done in this decade of futility.

That's the real problem. For the past decade the draft and free agency have been used to patch potholes, usually by over reacting, rather than wait for the right player a year later, or that reaction causing them to reach & miss out on a key player. The best example I can give is the 2007 draft. They trade McGahee, then reach for Lynch, passing on Revis. Then the next year, they fill the CB hole with McKelvin. If they had the approach of not filling a hole immediately & going for the bestplayer, they could have drafted Revis in 2007, and Chris Johnson in 2008. Same positions, just filled in different years. I don't think anyone on this board would rather have Lynch & McKelvin over Revis & Johnson.

I agree with some of your reasoning, but I can't buy the get Clausen in the 2nd or Campbell stuff.

Why do I accept waiting for the QB in next year's draft? : The Bills had a real mess of a team by the end of last season. They can't fix it all in one offseason. They know this. They did not feel that Jimmy Clausen is going to be a franchise QB, they may not even think he can be a decent starting QB. They also don't think Campbell is much, otherwise they would have offered more than Oakland. So, if they get either one of these guys, they are commiting the team's future, especially by spending a 2nd on Clausen, on a guy they don't feel is a long term answer. If Clausen turns into another JP, they're screwed for another 4 years. Meanwhile by filling other spots & waiting until next year's QB rich draft, they are doing it the right way-something they haven't done in this decade of futility.

That's the real problem. For the past decade the draft and free agency have been used to patch potholes, usually by over reacting, rather than wait for the right player a year later, or that reaction causing them to reach & miss out on a key player. The best example I can give is the 2007 draft. They trade McGahee, then reach for Lynch, passing on Revis. Then the next year, they fill the CB hole with McKelvin. If they had the approach of not filling a hole immediately & going for the bestplayer, they could have drafted Revis in 2007, and Chris Johnson in 2008. Same positions, just filled in different years. I don't think anyone on this board would rather have Lynch & McKelvin over Revis & Johnson.

Very good response to my post.

Carry on...

And we all know money makes you a better person. :blush:

Why not take a chance on the guy if we can get him for almost nothing? He has a better shot at making it in the pros than Levi Brown.

I think this thread has outted some folks that actually thought I was being serious. As for this comment, the reason you don't take a chance on a guy like JR is you set your team back. If Russell can't show anything in 3 years with the Raiders, he's not going to magically blossom into the QB he was supposed to be if we sign him. In the meantime, the time we waste trying to turn this turd into a diamond is time we could have used preparing a player with more upside, like Levi Brown.

Signing players willy-nilly hoping one pans out is not how you build a team.

PTR