Josh Reed on ESPN Radio St. Louis yesterday

Josh Reed was on ESPN Radio in St. Louis, because he participated in Bradford's pro-day so they wanted his impressions of Bradford and also asked him about his plans, and if the Rams would be an attractive landing spot.

On the Bills, he said it was time for a change. He enjoyed his time in Buffalo, but it was best for everyone involved for him to move on.

Demarco Farr ( former Rams D-lineman.....co-host of the show) said he was looking at Reed's stats....and Reed quickly interrupted him and said "please don't do that" ( laughing). He said to look at his college stats, but his pro stats are terrible.

They asked him if he considered himself a possession receiver, and he said yes. He said he likes working out of the slot making tough catches over the middle, and really enjoys mixing it up with Linebackers in run blocking.

Asked him about his ability to get deep, and he said "They never sent me deep in Buffalo. They let the other guys, who he called "track stars" run all of the deep routes.

Farr said he was looking over Reeds list of QB's in the NFL, and asked if Bledsoe would be the best he played with. Reed said without a doubt. He said he didn't want to knock any of his former teammates, but some of the young guys he has played with threw a 5 yard slant route with the same velocity they throw a deep route, and they didn't understand how to manage certain throws.

He then went on to say he thinks Bradford is a good kid, has better accuracy than any QB he has ever played with in the NFL, and he thinks he has a good makeup to be successful early in the NFL.

Finally, he said he had been in contact with the Steelers earlier in the offseason, but right now his phone has been quiet.

He then went on to say he thinks Bradford is a good kid, has better accuracy than any QB he has ever played with in the NFL, and he thinks he has a good makeup to be successful early in the NFL.

I guess that COULD be interpreted as a compliment....

He averaged 10.78 yards/reception last year. I was surprised, too.

All 27 of them. He was pretty decent for run after the catch if the QB actually got him the ball before the defense got on him.

All 27 of them. He was pretty decent for run after the catch if the QB actually got him the ball before the defense got on him.

Evans had 44 receptions last year. That averages out to 1 more reception/game than Reed. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Evans had 44 receptions last year. That averages out to 1 more reception/game than Reed. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Cry ... a combination of factors starting with Coach Dick's philosophy of not trying to win to the poor training regimine that resulted in more injuries per year that any other team in the league ... to quarterbacks who were either held back by their coaches thoughts on offense or their own inabilities ... and on and on we go.

But, we never threw downfield with any regularity even though we had TO and Evans.

2010 ... a new decade begins ... time to move on ... Josh Reed could block with the best of them ... we have this new young corps of receivers and a coach who believes in winning with his offense. And, we have some new trainers who just might keep the Bells of this world healthy enough to see if what we saw in last year's opener is a reflection of a talent at LT or not.

GO BILLS!

Cry ... a combination of factors starting with Coach Dick's philosophy of not trying to win to the poor training regimine that resulted in more injuries per year that any other team in the league ... to quarterbacks who were either held back by their coaches thoughts on offense or their own inabilities ... and on and on we go.

But, we never threw downfield with any regularity even though we had TO and Evans.

2010 ... a new decade begins ... time to move on ... Josh Reed could block with the best of them ... we have this new young corps of receivers and a coach who believes in winning with his offense. And, we have some new trainers who just might keep the Bells of this world healthy enough to see if what we saw in last year's opener is a reflection of a talent at LT or not.

GO BILLS!

A combination of factors, indeed. Could probably fill a U-Haul with 'em.

But...you are right....hope springs eternal.......

NO PRISONERS!!!

The problem with the Bills was never Josh Reed. He played his role very well. He converted a lot of third downs into first downs while he was here.

He was a decent 3rd < 10 receiver to be sure, and pretty dependable for most of his career with the Bills. I don't think his heart was in it last season and I can't say that I blame him if that's the case.

Asked him about his ability to get deep, and he said "They never sent me deep in Buffalo. They let the other guys, who he called "track stars" run all of the deep routes.

Selective memory. Reed played outside his 2nd year and was largely ineffective (58 catches vs Price's 90 the year before in the same offense) prompting Donahoe to draft Evans in the following season. He always played better in the slot.

I can't tell from this whether you think that Reed was any good or not. For my part, I think he was a solid player who would have been a 60-65 catch guy on a functioning offensive team.

Maybe not that much...but he was definitely a good slot receiver, tough over the middle, good in run blocking, and never in my memory took plays off.

People have to face facts: not all your players can be All Pros. A team needs a good base of consistent-but-not-flashy performers

People have to face facts: not all your players can be All Pros. A team needs a good base of consistent-but-not-flashy performers

Good point, but every team should have 2-3 all-pros on the offensive and defensive rosters. Besides Moorman, who have we got? Byrd?