This team is going to be better than most think

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is being sarcastic and making fun of those that want us to lose out in hopes of getting a potential 'franchise' QB

I get the sarcastic part, but the "Then we could be in a position to throw 80 million at an unproven Qb, then watch him fail, that sound like it would be alot more fun." part sounds like he doesn't want a rookie QB drafted high. That is the part that concerns me, because I think that's the only way this team is going to go from getting better, to competing for the division and beyond.

That's a heck of a strong statement to be making on 20 May 2010. You're basing this on...the training camp performance? The roster line up following three rounds of cuts? I just see this as overboard pessimism with no facts to back it up.

I like you already whites bay.

You guys who are on the Bills bandwagon to success remember my screen name. I will remember yours as well. At the end of the season and seasons to come we will talk about what we said on this message board.

I can say "without a doubt," and "beyond a "perpondurance of the evidence" I will be correct.Aren't you guys the same guys who were saying the same things when "Donadope," Malarky, Williams, Marv Levy the GM, and Juaron were hired???????? Be honest...You guys have bee saying the same f...ing thing for 10 years and counting. I am tired of hearing it! Wake the "F" up and stop believing each others lies and better yet the front office lies.. Why are you so afraid to hold this organization accountable for there 10 year debacle? What were you guys saying when we signed Terrel OWENS? Be honest...Now maybe you can see where I am coming from. Get your heads outta of your butts!!!!!

Bottom line is this team is going to STINK and I mean STINK this year and mostly likely many years to come. We don't have the players!!!! All your optimism is based on what ifs and hopeful thinking...Chan can do this and do that. He doesn't have the horses guys and thats the bottom line. Compare any Bills players with any other team and tell me who is a standout outstanding player? Perhaps Lee Evans, (who isn't utilized because our QB, OL and other WR suck) Fred Jackson, Brian Moreman, and Jauris Byrd. Just look yourself in the mirror and examine yourself and this team objectively not subjectively! You will have no choice but to admit this year and next year the Bills will be NFL bottom dweelers/feeders.

I HAVE TEN YEARS OF FACT BACKING UP WHAT I SAY. WHAT DO YOU GUYS HAVE????/A DREAM, A VISION, A HOPE WHAT A JOKE....

Now, let the hate mail begin.

Mike a Bills lover forever.

Oh Don't worry. You just started posting and your name is burned into my memory already and many others as well I am sure. Can't wait for the conversation at the end of the year. Most of us aren't predicting anything except that the bills made some changes that we are happy about and are looking forward to an improved season. for you to state you KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT that the Bills will suck, shows me you know NOTHING!

I am a positive guy, but I never liked Jauron or mularkey. I thought donahoe was good for awhile, but that opinion changed. Do I like NIX/GAILEY, you bet I do. The Bills/Ralph have made pleny of bad decisions over the years, so the odds are in favorof us positive ones that they may have finally gotten it right.

And we did hold this franchise accountable. Duh, that's why there have been all these changes. Maybe not the ones you like. But I would estimate you are in the minority. If you don't like the Bills changes, it Is a free country and you can follow a team that makes you happy. why subject yourself anymore to the futility at one bills drive?

Bills lover forever. what a joke.

I get the sarcastic part, but the "Then we could be in a position to throw 80 million at an unproven Qb, then watch him fail, that sound like it would be alot more fun." part sounds like he doesn't want a rookie QB drafted high. That is the part that concerns me, because I think that's the only way this team is going to go from getting better, to competing for the division and beyond.

Ok, lets do the math here, to draft high (top 10) we would need to win 6 or less games rights, based on this yrs draft.

So do I want us to win 6 or less games for an unforeseen period until we get lucky and draft a good QB at the top.......

NO

Just cause you draft a QB high doesn't mean he will pan out, and I understand everybody here wants to deepthroat Jake locker, and I hear that andrew Luck is on his heels getting the reach-around from many.

I would prefer we win. Win, win, win, and win some more.

Win with a strong defense, and a power running game

Win with a creative passing attack led by a functional QB and a ball-hawking defense

What I don't want is to continually suffer thru losing season after losing season in the blind hope that we hit the jackpot on the QB crapshoot that is the NFL draft, aside from the monetary aspect of drafting a QB high, look at the failure rate.

AND....

Locker may not even want to play football!!!!!!

He could go play baseball, and get drafted high for that (john elway) has anyone considered the possibility that he will just pull an Eli/Elway if buffalo were to take him?

Or the Super Sophomore Luck (WC cali Qb) I would not be so quick to anoint him top shelf quite yet either.

Point is I want to see us win period, end of story, so to answer your question, ABSOLUTELY NOT, I DO NOT WANT US TO TANK THIS, OR ANY SEASON.

Other than our special teams, there is nothing about this team to like.

No, what you see is your opinion. Your opinion is that the Bills made positive changes. I see a team who, regardless of scheme change, is the same exact team as before. No QB, no Oline, no WRs and no pass rushers. I'm sorry, but where are the positive changes again? Terrell Troupe? Carrington? A D2 all star?

The point is, we are all fans here who have different opinions. Why get excited about a team that has a WAY below average roster? Are you going to be happy with a 4-6 win season? Is Nix's plan foolproof? Don't ya think the Bills could've built this team into a contender much quicker the way the Dolphins, Jets and Falcons have over the last couple of years? (The slow rebuild route is what pisses me off more than anything!)

Sorry, but if you think the "negative" (realistic) posts are annoying, the over-the-top positive posts are just as annoying...and dilusional.

Stop being a "Spagnola"

No, what you see is your opinion. Your opinion is that the Bills made positive changes. I see a team who, regardless of scheme change, is the same exact team as before. No QB, no Oline, no WRs and no pass rushers. I'm sorry, but where are the positive changes again? Terrell Troupe? Carrington? A D2 all star?

The point is, we are all fans here who have different opinions. Why get excited about a team that has a WAY below average roster? Are you going to be happy with a 4-6 win season? Is Nix's plan foolproof? Don't ya think the Bills could've built this team into a contender much quicker the way the Dolphins, Jets and Falcons have over the last couple of years? (The slow rebuild route is what pisses me off more than anything!)

Sorry, but if you think the "negative" (realistic) posts are annoying, the over-the-top positive posts are just as annoying...and dilusional.

Well everything every poster writes is an "opinion." What a snotty -assed statement that was. That is also my opinion.

I am cautiously excited because of this thing called hope. It's why people do many different things when there is no guarantee of a return on their investment.

Is that your opinion....4-6 wins? Is any GM's plan foolproof? Could the Bills have done things like the Jets, Dolphins and Falcons? Would that make you happy?

I am going to put an end to this discussion between you and I, because there is no point to it other than to endlessly debate our seemingly opposing opinions. As I said before, I am not out to change yours.

Biggest Reason to believe the Bills will be better is the coaching and change in the Front office. Lesdership at the top is extremely important. I liked the approach Nix took in the draft. Free agency before and after the draft improved the team over all. Trying to fix everything in one year is impossible. The nay slayers have lots to still complain about, only the leadership of the team is taking the right approach to make this a more competive club.

Will we make the playoffs???

Hell no, not with the over all weakness of the offensive line... Their play affects the entire offense. Their weakness makes quarterbacks, running back and receivers look far worse then they really are.

Quarterbacks are in feer of their lives... (Trent's Concussions, when rushers are not blocked because of missed assignments) Blame the player blocking and offensive coordinator... O-line to young overall and not mature. They allow to many holes to run through by opponents giving the QB less time to see down field...

Running backs are great on the team this season... But will the holes open up on a consistant basis? Can they run outside or will opponents shut the outside run down because of our lack of talent at both tackle positions.

Will the receivers be better than last year? We have tall receivers at WR and TE. We have deep threats at WR, but will the QB have the time to find them/

The defense last year was 30th against the run and 5th against the pass. With the new talent and coordinator I expect to see them improve to 15th best in the league... Tall order but with the help of the secondary which comparitively is outstanding and with the new front 7, the Bills can move up quickly. Stopping the run is a must and they have the guys to do it this season...

Yes the Bills will be better on the field... If one of the QBs comes through big time it will make one hell of a difference.. That is a very big IF... But who is to say it could not happen when you have the head coach taking the lead with the QBs and receivers...

Lets see how good the coaches are in pre season and how the team looks to us fans before we write them totally off as the worst team in the NFL which many in the media are predicting.....

We could surprise and be better than most people now think expect for the die hard skeptics who will predict doom and gloom at all costs for they have really in their hearts given up one the BILLS before OTAs have even begun...

I do not know why they even care about the Bills anymore if all they predict is the worst for the team... :worthy:

It is no fun reading what they have to say when they try to remove all hope for this coming season....

At this point in time I would rather not hear it...for they are not constructive to most fans... They turn people off...

So what is the average age of the "coaching alone is worth 2-3 wins and can't be any worse" crowd? 16? I stopped selling myself that garbage around 2001.

We have crappy players at the most important positions.

I disagree, Buff. It's not merely a coincidence certain coaches are consistently successful, even in different locations and with different players. Gailey has a solid resume of success -- it's not his fault Jerry Jones jumped the gun in Dallas.

I'm the first to admit I mistakenly bought in to the "Jauron is a good coach, a Levy clone, and now he'll get it done" mentality. Jauron didn't have the resume (aside from one miracle season in Chicago) to warrant my faith. Gailey does.

I am so sick of all of these doom and gloom threads. Where do you guys get this stuff? The Coaching HAS to be better than the crap we have had the last 3 years ESP last year.

We should have beat NE and played them tough twice! A handfull of games decided by a total of something like 20 points!

Enough of the gloom and doom crap and lets back Gailey and company and lets hope this team does well this year! :worthy:

If Gailey coaches like a damn NFL coach ought to that's worth 3 wins alone. Barring any crazy calls or bad injuries this team wins 9 games.

PTR

If Gailey coaches like a damn NFL coach ought to that's worth 3 wins alone. Barring any crazy calls or bad injuries this team wins 9 games.

PTR

9 wins? Son, if your going to work here you've gotta' stay off the drugs.

So what is the average age of the "coaching alone is worth 2-3 wins and can't be any worse" crowd? 16? I stopped selling myself that garbage around 2001.

We have crappy players at the most important positions.

That's a myth. Most of the Bills players are as good as most in the NFL. Once you get past the superstar level, most NFL players are relatively equal. Coaching is the difference maker. In fact Football is the one sport where coaching matters most.

PTR

That's a myth. Most of the Bills players are as good as most in the NFL. Once you get past the superstar level, most NFL players are relatively equal. Coaching is the difference maker. In fact Football is the one sport where coaching matters most.

PTR

Could not agree more.

I disagree, Buff. It's not merely a coincidence certain coaches are consistently successful, even in different locations and with different players. Gailey has a solid resume of success -- it's not his fault Jerry Jones jumped the gun in Dallas.

I'm the first to admit I mistakenly bought in to the "Jauron is a good coach, a Levy clone, and now he'll get it done" mentality. Jauron didn't have the resume (aside from one miracle season in Chicago) to warrant my faith. Gailey does.

Certain coaches, yah. You only need 1 hand to count them and most of them are retired.

Well it definitely matters more than other sports, I agree. That doesn't mean they're anywhere near as important as QB.