JAKE LOCKER 2011, Lets start the campaign now

I know there will be some other strong arm QBs in the draft for 2011 but Jake Locker looks like THE guy. I don't know how badly we will stink up the joint next year but we should pull a Mike Ditka and give up as much as we have to to get Jake Locker. The kid has it all. The arm, the size, the mobility, played in bad weather, played with a bad offensive line. How much more perfect could a rookie QB candidate be for our Bills?

Sell the farm buddy! Get Jake Locker....long time listener first time caller but......GIT 'ER DONE BUDDY!!!!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew Luck is pretty damn good too. We will see who is better next season. That LT from BC is a strong possibility too

He was one of the other guys I was referring to. I am NOT a college football expert but I do pay attention to which guys are going to translate to the nfl. For all I know it looks like Jake Locker is literally the complete package. As far as attributes you couldn't want anything more except perhaps for 4.3 speed.

I think once the dust settles Locker will be the 2nd QB taken in the 2011 draft. I'm betting on Ryan Mallet (Arkansas) or Andrew Luck (Stanford) outperforming Locker this season. I happen to think Mallet will be a better pro passer than Locker, who still has a lot of developing to do in the passing game. Nonetheless next year has the looks to be a great year to draft a QB.

I plan on keeping a close eye on all 3 QB's throughout the season to see who I prefer.

I think once the dust settles Locker will be the 2nd QB taken in the 2011 draft. I'm betting on Ryan Mallet (Arkansas) or Andrew Luck (Stanford) outperforming Locker this season. I happen to think Mallet will be a better pro passer than Locker, who still has a lot of developing to do in the passing game. Nonetheless next year has the looks to be a great year to draft a QB.

I plan on keeping a close eye on all 3 QB's throughout the season to see who I prefer.

Good points. I am going to have to pay attention to college football this year.

Mallet has the best arm to come out of college football in at least a decade (and that includes Russell who was a freak). But he has A LOT to prove this year. He has very little touch on his passes, looks downfield way too often, and has a lot of accuracy issues (mostly overthrowing).

I'm pulling for him because with his size and arm strength he is perfect for Buffalo weather (perfect for any conditions really), but he's got a lot of ground to make up in one season.

Luck looked really good last year, but I can't shake the feeling that he's one of those guys that won't be able to make the leap. I like Stanford and watch a lot of their games, so I'm looking forward to seeing what he does.

I think Locker would have been a top 10 pick this year, and could have possible gone first overall. The number 1 pick is his to lose this year.

Let me add, that Locker seems to possess more of the traits that Gailey would look for in a QB than Luck or Mallet. From an athleticism standpoint Locker is the clear cut #1, follwed by Luck (a distant 2nd), and Mallet 3rd.

I don't have enough info on Luck to have an informed opinion, but I think Locker will need time to develop and grow comfortable with the pro passing game. At times he struggles to read defenses and he isn't consistent enough in the passing game to trust handing over a franchise to him in year 1. Mallet may lack the athleticism of Locker, but I like his pocket presence and his understanding of the passing game is clearly ahead of Locker's. I think Mallet is a guy who can come in and be the #1 immediately and perform at a high level. Add in the fact that he has great arm strength and I think he'd be a great fit in Buffalo.

I'm more of a Mallet fan than Locker fan, but they each have a year left so a lot could change.

Due to my intrigue in the NFL Draft and NFL college scouting I plan on getting the College Gameday package this season and taping all of the elite QB's games so I can have my own informed opinion.

I'm also hoping to get to see 1 or 2 of the top QB's live this upcoming season. Next years draft should be loaded with talent in the 1st round.

I also happen to think that Adrian Clayborn (DE, Iowa) is an absolute beast. I believe he would've been a sure fire top 15 pick in this years draft and with a solid season next year he should be a top 10 pick. At 6'3" he'd fit ideally into a 3-4, and he's good vs. both the run and pass. He really opened my eyes in last years Orange Bowl, and he's another player I'll be following closely.

Let me add, that Locker seems to possess more of the traits that Gailey would look for in a QB than Luck or Mallet. From an athleticism standpoint Locker is the clear cut #1, follwed by Luck (a distant 2nd), and Mallet 3rd.

I don't have enough info on Luck to have an informed opinion, but I think Locker will need time to develop and grow comfortable with the pro passing game. At times he struggles to read defenses and he isn't consistent enough in the passing game to trust handing over a franchise to him in year 1. Mallet may lack the athleticism of Locker, but I like his pocket presence and his understanding of the passing game is clearly ahead of Locker's. I think Mallet is a guy who can come in and be the #1 immediately and perform at a high level. Add in the fact that he has great arm strength and I think he'd be a great fit in Buffalo.

I'm more of a Mallet fan than Locker fan, but they each have a year left so a lot could change.

I hear ya. I am also basing my desires on the fact that Locker stayed for his senior year to accomplish exactly these things. He worked in the pro offense in 2010 I believe I have heard and plays under center. This year it should be all about producing at the college level and polishing himself for the NFL. With another year in school he SHOULD be able to address any of the concerns people have about reading defenses and such. I think all 3 of the guys you mentioned coming out next year have stronger arms than this years class. If Locker is every bit the QB that the other 2 are with a big arm, his athleticism makes him a slam dunk!!

That being said the class looks so good that the Bills might not waste any draft picks to move up to get Locker. They might figure they can get a guy nearly as good without losing any picks. This is of course predicated on that fact that they feel as I do that Locker is the #1 QB and #1 pick in the 2011 draft. What IS nice is that if as I expect St Louis will get the #1 pick again, THEY DON'T NEED A QB :thumbsup:

I hear ya. I am also basing my desires on the fact that Locker stayed for his senior year to accomplish exactly these things. He worked in the pro offense in 2010 I believe I have heard and plays under center. This year it should be all about producing at the college level and polishing himself for the NFL. With another year in school he SHOULD be able to address any of the concerns people have about reading defenses and such. I think all 3 of the guys you mentioned coming out next year have stronger arms than this years class. If Locker is every bit the QB that the other 2 are with a big arm, his athleticism makes him a slam dunk!!

That being said the class looks so good that the Bills might not waste any draft picks to move up to get Locker. They might figure they can get a guy nearly as good without losing any picks. This is of course predicated on that fact that they feel as I do that Locker is the #1 QB and #1 pick in the 2011 draft. What IS nice is that if as I expect St Louis will get the #1 pick again, THEY DON'T NEED A QB :thumbsup:

The Rams will not and can not afford to take a QB with a high #1 next year. Neither can the Lions who have to give Stafford a fair chance to develop. You can also argue that the Bucs will give Freeman at least another year to develop into a solid starter. That's 3 teams who won't be picking a QB and that will probably be picking in the top 10 of next years draft. The problem is that there are at least a dozen other teams that would take a QB with a high #1 and the Bills are certainly one of those teams.

If the Bills are not in the top 5-6 of the NFL draft they probably won't have a shot at Locker or Mallet. And to be honest I see the Bills making another run at 6-10/7-9 so in the end I don't think they'll be in a position to select either.

I know there will be some other strong arm QBs in the draft for 2011 but Jake Locker looks like THE guy. I don't know how badly we will stink up the joint next year but we should pull a Mike Ditka and give up as much as we have to to get Jake Locker. The kid has it all. The arm, the size, the mobility, played in bad weather, played with a bad offensive line. How much more perfect could a rookie QB candidate be for our Bills?

Sell the farm buddy! Get Jake Locker....long time listener first time caller but......GIT 'ER DONE BUDDY!!!!!!

Explain the love affair that people have with Locker please. Show me some videos that show how great he will be, some stats that back up the thought that he is the next great QB, or something. Please. :thumbsup:

BLAINE GABBERT :ph34r::thumbsup:

I have seen a few early mocks (Don Banks from SI was one) who have us taking Gabbert. I think he will emerge as the #1a behind Locker with Luck and Mallett near the top as well. Locker has a lot of work to do in the passing game but has a lot of the intangibles people look for. Gabbert is apparently huge with a big arm and a freak athlete and plays in a big conference. I admittedly don't know much about him but from the tidbits I have read, I would not be disappointed if he was our guy.

Explain the love affair that people have with Locker please. Show me some videos that show how great he will be, some stats that back up the thought that he is the next great QB, or something. Please. :thumbsup:

They played 12 games last year. I hear they are going to play a bunch this year, too. Maybe you can catch one.