Tim Tebow Brings his Magic to Memphis

Not hating anyone. I'm also not saying this young man hasn't worked hard. I've maintained that this kid has more heart than any athlete that was in the draft. He's worked incredibly hard. All I'm saying is that when he opens his mouth, everything seems rehearsed and fake. Just because he keeps saying all the right things, it doesn't make him an NFL success. And if his goal was to change lives, he would've joined the mission like his father. I'm just calling what I perceive to be BS. How you deduced, from what I wrote, that I'm neither hardworking, nor successful, is a mystery.

because all the griping, and bitching, and HATING, just comes off as petty jealousy. not saying just from you. from everyone.

the only thing "people" love more than building someone up, is tearing them down. and that is really what a lot of the anti-Tebow bitching comes down to. and it's old, and boring, and classless, and sorta shameful.

because all the griping, and bitching, and HATING, just comes off as petty jealousy. not saying just from you. from everyone.

the only thing "people" love more than building someone up, is tearing them down. and that is really what a lot of the anti-Tebow bitching comes down to. and it's old, and boring, and classless, and sorta shameful.

I give credit to Tebow where credit is due. I consider him to be the best college football player of all time, hands down. Wasn't there a story about him (I think) at the Senior Bowl trying to break into prayer and someone told him to STFU? I'm really not trying to tear the kid down, and I honestly wish him the best. I'd love to see him successful in the NFL, and I don't think there will be anyone that will try harder, or work harder. It's just all this "I've been given a platform," garbage. He was drafted to play football. The only platform he's been given is to be a football player; not to change lives. Yes, it's his responsibility to be a positive role model for kids - I agree 100%. It just seems like his priority is to become better, just so he can spread some kind of message. I make fun of him, yes. But I don't hate him. How can I hate someone I don't know?

I give credit to Tebow where credit is due. I consider him to be the best college football player of all time, hands down. Wasn't there a story about him (I think) at the Senior Bowl trying to break into prayer and someone told him to STFU? I'm really not trying to tear the kid down, and I honestly wish him the best. I'd love to see him successful in the NFL, and I don't think there will be anyone that will try harder, or work harder. It's just all this "I've been given a platform," garbage. He was drafted to play football. The only platform he's been given is to be a football player; not to change lives. Yes, it's his responsibility to be a positive role model for kids - I agree 100%. It just seems like his priority is to become better, just so he can spread some kind of message. I make fun of him, yes. But I don't hate him. How can I hate someone I don't know?

cool. thanks for the level headed reply. again, i wasnt speaking only of you (as there are others in this thread that already stated they "loathe him").

the only thing ill comment on is your statement that the only platform he's been given is to be a football player. while that is technically true, you and i both know that the life of a high-profile athlete does not end in the locker room. it's us, the same people that "dont want to hear it", that scourer the 24 hour sporting news websites for stories and information. we may only be after sports related articles, but that is not what the media gives us, or people eat up.

thanks to this society, his personal life will be under the microscope for probably the next decade easily. i give him all the credit in the world that, at age 22, he understands that AND what it will take to not only survive it, but to help bring some positivity into this world through such an unusual situation.

i wont ever knock him for trying. lord/Buddha/allah knows we could use it.

Tebow has been blown away by the number of endorsement opportunities, he's also declined some seven-figure per year deals because he thought they would interfere with his football preparation.

Yea, I dont see this guy failing.

Well, I agree that he won't fail due to outside issues, like too many endorsements or lack of focus. But he may simply not be good enough to be a starting NFL QB. That's what remains to be seen.

cool. thanks for the level headed reply. again, i wasnt speaking only of you (as there are others in this thread that already stated they "loathe him").

the only thing ill comment on is your statement that the only platform he's been given is to be a football player. while that is technically true, you and i both know that the life of a high-profile athlete does not end in the locker room. it's us, the same people that "dont want to hear it", that scourer the 24 hour sporting news websites for stories and information. we may only be after sports related articles, but that is not what the media gives us, or people eat up.

thanks to this society, his personal life will be under the microscope for probably the next decade easily. i give him all the credit in the world that, at age 22, he understands that AND what it will take to not only survive it, but to help bring some positivity into this world through such an unusual situation.

i wont ever knock him for trying. lord/Buddha/allah knows we could use it.

I actually agree with you 100%, and I'm as much of a peace/harmony lover as they come! I guess what I'm saying (and probably did a crappy job of it in past posts) is that I'm just a little skeptical of him, and I'm not sure I believe everything that he's saying. That's what I mean by "too good to be true," when I say it about Tebow. And I also said, and meant, that I hope he proves me wrong. If he's the real deal, as far as his attitude and his genuine care for mankind .. AND he turns out to be a legit QB in the league .. it'll be one of my favorite success stories in sports. You know .. next to Buster Douglas, anyway. (kidding)

I actually agree with you 100%, and I'm as much of a peace/harmony lover as they come! I guess what I'm saying (and probably did a crappy job of it in past posts) is that I'm just a little skeptical of him, and I'm not sure I believe everything that he's saying. That's what I mean by "too good to be true," when I say it about Tebow. And I also said, and meant, that I hope he proves me wrong. If he's the real deal, as far as his attitude and his genuine care for mankind .. AND he turns out to be a legit QB in the league .. it'll be one of my favorite success stories in sports. You know .. next to Buster Douglas, anyway. (kidding)

Go Bills!

and good luck Tim (unless we're playing the Broncos)

:thumbsup:

Horse****, Tim. You have no obligation to make a difference in anyone's life. Your only obligation is to play football as well as you can to help your employer succeed. Your only responsibility is to yourself.

If that were true, then we would not have had the threads here about hating PigBen and Vick

If that were true, then we would not have had the threads here about hating PigBen and Vick

People hate Vick because they have a dog, and he kills dogs.

People hate Ben because he is a d bag and he gets more tail than they do.

People hate Tebow because he is nice, moral, and cares about people.

OK, then, how about this one:

Mark 16:15--Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

1 Peter 3:15 - "but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect"

C'mon man, we can play this game all day. Also my dog is a creature and she ain't becoming a Christian anytime soon. There's an appropriate context for each passage and chapter in the Bible, lifting those quotes out to justify your own motivation, doesn't give the Bible or the rest of the human race - Christian or Non, the respect it deserves.

I'm all for Tebow or anyone else being passionate about their beliefs. But their liberty to do so ends where my personal space begins. The world is full of non Christians who have made contributions some of us can only dream of - Gandhi, Dalai Lama etc, etc, etc, To go around pretending we have all the answers - just isn't - well, Christian of us now, is it?

C

People hate Vick because they have a dog, and he kills dogs.

People hate Ben because he is a d bag and he gets more tail than they do.

People hate Tebow because he is nice, moral, and cares about people.

I'd hate Vick even if he electrocuted, drowned, and smashed hedgehogs. It takes a sick !@#$ to find that entertaining and turn a profit off of it. Even the herpes spreading Ron Mexico, finds torturing animals disturbing.

1 Peter 3:15 - "but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect"

C'mon man, we can play this game all day. Also my dog is a creature and she ain't becoming a Christian anytime soon.

:doh:

I don't remember anything Tebow has done being disrepectful. Did he once come out and say someone else is wrong, or did he just share his views publicly? Don't like the message? Don't listen, but don't pretend you have any authority to tell the man he can't preach if he wants to. I'm of the opinion that Christians should point out the error of other beliefs as to not do so does a grave disservice to the receiver of the message, but that's just my approach. Doesn't seem like it's Tebow's.