Tim Tebow Brings his Magic to Memphis

This crap will get old REALLY fast ....

"You have to decide what you have to be proud about, and being a football player doesn't make you any more special than anyone else," Tebow said. "Football gives me a platform and with that platform comes a responsibility and obligation to make a difference in people's lives."

Tebow has been blown away by the number of endorsement opportunities, he's also declined some seven-figure per year deals because he thought they would interfere with his football preparation.

Yea, I dont see this guy failing.

This crap will get old REALLY fast ....

"You have to decide what you have to be proud about, and being a football player doesn't make you any more special than anyone else," Tebow said. "Football gives me a platform and with that platform comes a responsibility and obligation to make a difference in people's lives."

Yeah, who needs good people in the world anyway.

Tebow has been blown away by the number of endorsement opportunities, he's also declined some seven-figure per year deals because he thought they would interfere with his football preparation.

Yea, I dont see this guy failing.

I'm sorry but this just wreaks of "too good to be true." He keeps saying and doing, not only the right things, but just laying it on thick. He's probably turning down deals because he's waiting for Nike or someone to come in with something longer-term and fool-proof; and doesn't want any conflicts with another endorser. Something just doesn't seem right with this cat. Everything seems fake and rehearsed. I hope I'm wrong, and this is just my gut feeling.

did he cry?

No .. he said .. "I'm unna do whatever Coach McDaniels says, and I'm unna be the best I can be. And darn it, people like me the way I am! And I LOVE COACH MEYER!"

It's amazing how I went from hating Tebow vehemently in college, to sweating him when I thought the Bills were gonna draft him, to absolutely loathing his guts the second I saw him put on that Broncos hat standing next to that guy with the identical shirt as him.

Horse****, Tim. You have no obligation to make a difference in anyone's life. Your only obligation is to play football as well as you can to help your employer succeed. Your only responsibility is to yourself. Only the seriously deranged want to hear a long-sheltered-and-pampered football player go on and on about his "special" relationship with invisible people .

So, Tim, go back to your "good book" and find those passages where your lord and savior condemns those prominent people who make a big public deal about their religion. In other words, Tim, just mind your own business.

Horse****, Tim. You have no obligation to make a difference in anyone's life. Your only obligation is to play football as well as you can to help your employer succeed. Your only responsibility is to yourself. Only the seriously deranged want to hear a long-sheltered-and-pampered football player go on and on about his "special" relationship with invisible people .

So, Tim, go back to your "good book" and find those passages where your lord and savior condemns those prominent people who make a big public deal about their religion. In other words, Tim, just mind your own business.

I was trying to be a little nice about it, LOL! But this is right along the lines of what I was thinking! :thumbsup:

so all this board does is B word about the "thugs" in this league that shirk their (admittedly unjustly given) responsibilties of being a role model, or even a good member of society for that matter. and then a kid comes along who wants to keep positivity in his life and be a good influence... and everyone hates on him. get over yourself.

so all this board does is B word about the "thugs" in this league that shirk their (admittedly unjustly given) responsibilties of being a role model, or even a good member of society for that matter. and then a kid comes along who wants to keep positivity in his life and be a good influence... and everyone hates on him. get over yourself.

Two words: happy medium.

Don't you agree that he should actually make the team before he starts preaching? This guy makes Kurt Warner look like Charles Manson, and he hasn't even put on an NFL uniform yet.

Apparently you've never read the Good Book.

Luke 11:13 "No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light."

Believers are asked to share their belief.

Apparently you've never read the Good Book.

Luke 11:13 "No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light."

Believers are asked to share their belief.

No. They're asked not to hide it. "they which come in" .. not "they which have it pushed in their faces" Big difference.

I'm sorry but this just wreaks of "too good to be true." He keeps saying and doing, not only the right things, but just laying it on thick. He's probably turning down deals because he's waiting for Nike or someone to come in with something longer-term and fool-proof; and doesn't want any conflicts with another endorser. Something just doesn't seem right with this cat. Everything seems fake and rehearsed. I hope I'm wrong, and this is just my gut feeling.

Stop hating successful people. Work harder.

No. They're asked not to hide it. "they which come in" .. not "they which have it pushed in their faces" Big difference.

OK, then, how about this one:

Mark 16:15--Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Stop hating successful people. Work harder.

Not hating anyone. I'm also not saying this young man hasn't worked hard. I've maintained that this kid has more heart than any athlete that was in the draft. He's worked incredibly hard. All I'm saying is that when he opens his mouth, everything seems rehearsed and fake. Just because he keeps saying all the right things, it doesn't make him an NFL success. And if his goal was to change lives, he would've joined the mission like his father. I'm just calling what I perceive to be BS. How you deduced, from what I wrote, that I'm neither hardworking, nor successful, is a mystery.

OK, then, how about this one:

Mark 16:15--Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Not sure if that was intended for NFL players, but you got me. :thumbsup:

Two words: happy medium.

Don't you agree that he should actually make the team before he starts preaching? This guy makes Kurt Warner look like Charles Manson, and he hasn't even put on an NFL uniform yet.

where has he "preached" anything so far? all he said was that he has a responsibility to bring a positive influence to people's lives. the people dont have to look for it. he's not pushing it on people who dont want it. but, for the kids, he DOES have an example to set. or at least, he realizes he has the power to do so.

NO WHERE in this article does he say "I have to use this notoriety to push Christianity on people". NO WHERE does he even mention religion. YOU GUYS are bringing that in here. He's addressing a question about how he is handling the fame so well. and i think he gives a great answer.