Who is the Odd Man Out

Who is the Odd man Out  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Which current Bills QB will NOT be on the Opening Day Roster?

• Trent Edwards
    • Brian Brohm
    • Ryan Fitzpatrick
    • Levi Brown
    • We will only have 2 QBs on the Roster (leave a comment on which 2)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theyre's no way they carry both Fitz and Edwards past the pre-season.

Fitz is god awful. As bad as Trent was last year, Fitz was worse. He has no arm, makes horrible decisions -- but he can take a hit. Trent has a better arm, makes better decisions -- but is made of glass.

Brohm isn't going anywhere this year (his upside is too much to ignore). Neither is Brown. That means one of the two vets is going to be on the outs. My bet is that it'll be Fitz.

Did you not watch any of the games last years? Fitz is not god awful!! He is not great, but he sure is servicable. He has a decent arm and makes plays when they are there. His accuracy is not the best, but he has MOXIE!! He is our best chance to win this year. Everyone says this is a rebuilding year. Sure it is. But Gailey is a winner and so is Nix. They are not going to tank the season. Fitzie understands the game of football, and with a half decent line and a solid gameplan, we can win with him. TE plays scared. He is pathetic. Regardless of physical skills, if you play scared you can not be an NFL QB, or a QB at any level for that matter. Brohm looks very robotic, and has had some problems between the ears. Brown will be backing up Fitzie at the start of the season and could get a chance to start by midseason.

But seriously, anybody who watched our team last year knows that Fitzie can make plays. He is not a classic dropback guy with pinpoint accuracy, but he will start while we groom Levi to be the future. TE is done, and Brohm looks like nothing special. There you have it. For everyone who says Fitzie sucks, get used to him. He will have a long career in the NFL, because he understands the game. Simple as that.

Did you not watch any of the games last years? Fitz is not god awful!! He is not great, but he sure is servicable. He has a decent arm and makes plays when they are there. His accuracy is not the best, but he has MOXIE!! He is our best chance to win this year. Everyone says this is a rebuilding year. Sure it is. But Gailey is a winner and so is Nix. They are not going to tank the season. Fitzie understands the game of football, and with a half decent line and a solid gameplan, we can win with him. TE plays scared. He is pathetic. Regardless of physical skills, if you play scared you can not be an NFL QB, or a QB at any level for that matter. Brohm looks very robotic, and has had some problems between the ears. Brown will be backing up Fitzie at the start of the season and could get a chance to start by midseason.

But seriously, anybody who watched our team last year knows that Fitzie can make plays. He is not a classic dropback guy with pinpoint accuracy, but he will start while we groom Levi to be the future. TE is done, and Brohm looks like nothing special. There you have it. For everyone who says Fitzie sucks, get used to him. He will have a long career in the NFL, because he understands the game. Simple as that.

Agreed.

Fitz is the best we got. He's football smart and confident and a leader. That's more important at this point than quick release, height, strong arm, and "upside".

With a much better offensive plan Fitz could be successful. With a strong running game and him not having to pass 75% of the time, I could see this working. He can hit the 10 - 20 yard passes which Trent flat out won't throw.

I can't see Coach Gailey turning the whole season into an extended 16 game pre season to see what our project QBs can do. I also don't see him going in with 1 vet and 2 guys with 1 bad regular season game between them. Gosh I hope not anyway.

Coach Chan was in Brohm's hip pocket (so to speak) for the entire mini-camp. For the Brohm supporters, or the Brohm nay-sayers: Is this good or bad ?

It's neither good or bad. CG has plenty of Pro film on Trent and Fitz (neither one was at the camp, remember). Browns a rookie. Of course you take a long, hard look at a 3rd year guy.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a team carry 4 QBs on their roster during the regular season, so something has to give. We all have seen the threads about who should be the starter, what I want to know is, who are we going to drop -- I'm just trying to take the pulse of TBD at this point in the off-season.

Who do we absolutely not need? I suppose it's possible they want to try to put Levi Brown on the practice squad, but I think someone might claim him -- I think he stays on the roster as a developmental project. The other 3, I'm not so sure...

Cast your votes (I've never done a poll before, hopefully the options will show up correctly)

Who will NOT be on the opening day roster:

1. Edwards

2. Brohm

3. Fitzpatrick

4. Levi Brown

or curveball option #5. We won't keep 3 QBs, there will only be 2 QBs that make it (in which case, in your comments post which 2 get cut & why)

I wish none of them were on the roster. lol

To me, Fitz is a very decent back-up to come in for a half or a game or two if the starter goes down. I would not at all be surprised if whoever loses in the Trent vs Brohm starter job contest is cut, and Fitz remains, with Levi being the #3. If Brohm can't beat out Trent in pre-season, I kind of see no point in keeping him. And Trent is likely to look good in practice. It may even be that because Gailey will actually create an offense around the talent of his players, that Trent's quick decision/precision short game will be good for getting the ball in Spiller and Freddy and Roscoe's hands in the open field.

Like you, however, I think we don't have a good NFL starter on our roster, and we need to find one. If Brohm surprises and plays really well, beating out Trent in training camp, I suppose he has a chance at being good.

If I had to bet, I'd say Brohm is cut. Trent is the starter and Fitz is the back-up.

Unfortunately.

Seems to me that Fitzpatrick most closely resembles the kind of QB that Gailey has done well with in the past...smart guy, does some things well, but with visable limitations... a poor man's Kelly Holcomb you might say. I don't hate Fitz, but the prospect of watching him start doesn't thrill me. That said, I see him starting, the winner of the Brohm/Edwards battle as the #2 guy (loser gets cut) and Levi Brown waiting in the wings at #3. Levi excites me more than any of the others, at this point.

Theyre's no way they carry both Fitz and Edwards past the pre-season.

Fitz is god awful. As bad as Trent was last year, Fitz was worse. He has no arm, makes horrible decisions -- but he can take a hit. Trent has a better arm, makes better decisions -- but is made of glass.

Brohm isn't going anywhere this year (his upside is too much to ignore). Neither is Brown. That means one of the two vets is going to be on the outs. My bet is that it'll be Fitz.

I don't know what's worse...not having a big arm like Fitz, but occasionally connecting on a big throw.............Or, having the potential to throw a big pass w/Edwards but avoiding ever taking that chance? I'd like to see them both gone and get

Bulger for a year or two with Brohm and Levi being waiting in the wings! At least Bulger knows the position well and can teach the rooks!! What's Edwards gonna teach the young QB's except to make sure their cautious and don't throw the ball down the field!