Levi Brown

No they will keep him because they like what he brings to the table and they want to develop him, it makes no sense to draft a guy you want to develop, then cut him.

Exactly. Brown is going no where but up on this team.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but what I can see is that Nix and Gailey drafted him, whereas they inherited Edwards, Fitz, and Brohm.

It really bothers me that Edwards and Fitzpatrick are both still on the team. These guys have played in enough games to see whether they are starting material. Cut one and bring in another QB with legitimate upside. Tell Russell that we'll sign him to a deal if he gets under 260lbs. Stop wasting time on guys with back-up potential.

Sort of the way I see it, but I think Brown is a lock for #3, and not get sent to practice sqd. he's Nix/Gailey's pick.

I just hope that if Brown does start at some point, it's not too soon, and doesnt get thrown to the wolves. A gradual adjustmnt would be better, IMO.

I am with you. I expect Brohm and Fitz fighting for a roster spot unless Brown has a total meltdown. Trent always looks impressive in camp...

It really bothers me that Edwards and Fitzpatrick are both still on the team. These guys have played in enough games to see whether they are starting material. Cut one and bring in another QB with legitimate upside. Tell Russell that we'll sign him to a deal if he gets under 260lbs. Stop wasting time on guys with back-up potential.

Like Russell? :rolleyes:

Even if you think the other 3 QBs are better?

Unless they're far better, yes. Right now no one in the Bills' sorry pack of QBs has distinguished himself in any way, so I'd expect they'd keep the youngest guy over the least impressive of the 3 veteran QBs.

So they would keep him just becuase they drafted him?

Better...at holding the clipboard? We're not talking about the Bills dumping everyone except Brown. We're talking about Brown being the 3rd (of 4) QB. Given that Edwards and Fitz have been in the league awhile and are more or less known, and Brohm who is young but also on his second team, I'd say there is a zero percent chance Brown doesn't make the roster as a developmental type, with the odd man out sitting at home waiting for a phone call during the season.

chances are that they will decide b/t the 2 remaining after the starter is named, whomever the coaching staff feels is the best backup will be here, the other will be voted off the island, leaving brown at #3

Keep in mind the quality backup QB is still a commodity in the NFL, the one who fits that role the best is fitz, so my guess is that we will have Brohm/fitz/brown as our 3 qbs leaving trent on the street, but somehow I doubt he will be unemployed for long...

Wow every single one? Damn I guess they tell you one thing then me something else. Trent sucks, get a !@#$ing clue and get past the man crush on him already. Time to find another QB hopefully the anti Trentitive.

Yah but we have some one that was on our side while he was here that has 10 life times more knowledge about football than you !! Remember who told Marv about Trent ?? DO YOU DARTH ?????????/??

Trent was awful last year, but I just love how the hate is directed at him instead of our front office.

We had a guy who looked like he could be a decent starting NFL quarterback and decided to cut our starting LG, trade our Pro Bowl LT with no Plan B in place, blow up the right side of our line, "upgrade" at C by getting the cheapest guy available who was so good in Carolina they used a 2nd on Ryan Kalil, and then cut our LT after the start of the season because Ralph wasn't paying a back-up $3 m per year because Lord knows you don't need depth in the NFL. We decided to add a degree of difficulty to this by trying to run a no-huddle, fired our offensive coordinator, elevated the QB coach to become a first-time coordinator and then, of course, never filled the QB coach position so Trent had to deal with all of this with no position coach.

Yep, what we need is a new QB.

Intelligence is not welcomed here.