Question regarding Early

gggbills

I seem to remember a WR by the name of Early playing for the Bills, is that correct?  And if so, was his first name Quetin (spelling), was this the same guy that played for the Saints??

139811[/snapback]

Quinn if I remember, and he did play for the saints, again if memory serves me.

I seem to remember a WR by the name of Early playing for the Bills, is that correct?  And if so, was his first name Quetin (spelling), was this the same guy that played for the Saints??

139811[/snapback]

yea, quinn early.....big FA signing that didn't turn out that well, from the saints........

Quinn Early. good solid WR, misused IMHO. Only had one season with Kelly.

139817[/snapback]

I thought he was a ham-and-egger who Butler gave way too much $$$ to.

2nd-round draft pick by the Chargers, cut by them a couple years later for poor play...

gets picked up by the Saints & put together some good #'s, but hardly a #3 WR, let alone a #2 IMO.

What are you guys talking about - I thought he was very solid for a #2 WR.

He had quite a game vs. Jacksonville in the playoffs, but the defense blew it.

139840[/snapback]

bills signed him for 8.8 million over 4 years -- that was pretty big money back in '96 i believe........his play never lived up to the contract, and was cut before he could even play it out.........

Still holds the record for longest TD reception by a Bill if I recall right. 95 yards. From Todd Friggin' Collins. His man fell down at midfield as Early caught the ball and he ambled down the field for six. As I recall, Early also fell, but the refs ruled that he was never touched by the defender.

Still holds the record for longest TD reception by a Bill if I recall right.  95 yards.  From Todd Friggin' Collins.  His man fell down at midfield as Early caught the ball and he ambled down the field for six.  As I recall, Early also fell, but the refs ruled that he was never touched by the defender.

139864[/snapback]

At indy no less

bills signed him for 8.8 million over 4 years -- that was pretty big money back in '96 i believe........his play never lived up to the contract, and was cut before he could even play it out.........

139862[/snapback]

I think the above posted numbers were pretty decent for a #2 WR considering Kelly was washed up in 96 and Todd Collins was prominently involved in 97.

Still holds the record for longest TD reception by a Bill if I recall right. 95 yards. From Todd Friggin' Collins. His man fell down at midfield as Early caught the ball and he ambled down the field for six. As I recall, Early also fell, but the refs ruled that he was never touched by the defender.

This one might need a little more research. I believe the longest TD reception in Bills history was Jack Kemp to Glen Bass for 96 yards.

help me out bros... is this correct?

This one might need a little more research.  I believe the longest TD reception in Bills history was Jack Kemp to Glen Bass for 96 yards.

help me out bros... is this correct?

140012[/snapback]

No. Kemp-to-Bass was 94 yards.

139862[/snapback]

That sounds so much like a John Butler acquisition though, doesn't it?

I remember being Hyped up over him coming to Buffalo...and then...not a whole heck of a lot...

1995 NO  81/1087/8

1996 Buff  50/798/4

1997 Buff  60/853/5

139823[/snapback]

He may have been over payed, but Early was a good reciever. Don't forget, he came from New Orleans, as primarily the featured receiver, on pretty mediocre New Orleans teams. In Buffalo, he was the definitive #2, behind Andre Reed. He came to Buffalo, when we entering a new age of mediocrity. Not only did Kelly have a down year in 1996, but Todd Collins was relegated to being a caretaker QB in 1997, and if I recall, Dan Henning ran one of the worst offensive systems we have seen in the modern Bills era. Sometimesl you have to put stats into perspective. I don't know. Earlys' Buffalo stats look pretty decent to me, for a #2 receiver.