Deep Thoughts

Ben Roethlesberger is that guy that invites himself to your backyard BBQ. Nobody really likes him, you don't want him there, but he shows up anyway. Then, during the BBQ, when you're having a nice round of Jarts, Big Ben is that guy that thinks he's suddenly an Olympic hero and decides to get a running start and chuck the Jart as though he were throwing a javelin, only to have it soar over your fence and shatter your neighbor's kitchen window. Then he gives you that blank stare and is like "oh **** dude... I gotta go"

On a scale of 1 to awesome, just how good is CJ Spiller going to be? For all of the running backs we've drafted and acquired here (many of which have been very good), none have been that shifty/burner type of back that can single handedly make plays when nothing is there.

Who will emerge as the starting QB? YE OLE's money is on Brohm.

Ben Roethlesberger is that guy that invites himself to your backyard BBQ. Nobody really likes him, you don't want him there, but he shows up anyway. Then, during the BBQ, when you're having a nice round of Jarts, Big Ben is that guy that thinks he's suddenly an Olympic hero and decides to get a running start and chuck the Jart as though he were throwing a javelin, only to have it soar over your fence and shatter your neighbor's kitchen window. Then he gives you that blank stare and is like "oh **** dude... I gotta go"

On a scale of 1 to awesome, just how good is CJ Spiller going to be? For all of the running backs we've drafted and acquired here (many of which have been very good), none have been that shifty/burner type of back that can single handedly make plays when nothing is there.

I'm old and stupid and drunk.

Click here:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vc0cmAEd2kc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vc0cmAEd2kc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

One more try:

I am the liquor.

Meester Dobler, that album (your avatar) is one of my all time favorites. Is it XTC Appreciation Week around here or something? I'll need to change my name to Skylarking.

Meester Dobler, that album (your avatar) is one of my all time favorites. Is it XTC Appreciation Week around here or something? I'll need to change my name to Skylarking.

Not another XTC thread!

:thumbsup:

Change it my man! Surprise us! God, I wish you guys had been around a few months back when some of the members on here were burning me like a witch.........for being an XTC fan! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Nod. I just figured I'd give member XTC a bit of support to ease the sting of his rookie hazing.

Change it my man! Surprise us! God, I wish you guys had been around a few months back when some of the members on here were burning me like a witch.........for being an XTC fan! :thumbsup:

I honestly didn't see that thread. If I had I would have jumped on in defended you. :nana:

I honestly didn't see that thread. If I had I would have jumped on in defended you. :nana:

Really had nothing to do with being a rookie. There were just a few folks who "think" that XTC is some sort of joke like Bananarama or something simply because they consider them just another "80's band". Fortunately, folks like you know better. It makes me proud. :thumbsup:

Really had nothing to do with being a rookie. There were just a few folks who "think" that XTC is some sort of joke like Bananarama or something simply because they consider them just another "80's band". Fortunately, folks like you know better. It makes me proud. :thumbsup:

What the hell was wrong with Bananarama?!?!? :nana:

Man, this is how these rumors get started. For the record, I rule at Jarts. Anyway if in Pittsburgh, those bitches would be happy to have a window broken by me.

Dear GOD rocks

Dear GOD rocks

All of their stuff rocks. Pick up a copy of The Big Express and really listen to that album. If you appreciate the Partridge wordplay in Dear God, you will really dig a song called "I bought myself a liarbird"---from Big Express album.

OJ has an olympic gold medal in the 4X100 meter relay. Not to down play Spiller, as he may be a little shiftier, but OJ was a combination of speed, power and ellusiveness. He was poetry in cleats and the NFL's Golden boy before his world imploded. I do love the addition of CJ as he is also a game changer.