• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

even says Steve Smith thinks he's a punk

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...eat-matt-moore/

Steve Smith is, by far, the biggest douche--bag on that team:

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/08/01/steve-s...teammate-again/

Maybe he's worried about being displaced?

Hey Steve, it's no longer 2008. Maybe you should make nice with the guy who may be able to get you back into the top 30 receivers in the league.

"We're told that Clausen already has pissed off multiple receivers and at least one tight end by "barking" at them during minicamp practice, and that receiver Steve Smith "basically thinks Jimmy is a punk." Though Clausen is regarded as "smart" and unlikely to make mental mistakes, the initial thinking is that he uses excessive confidence (to the point that it's being perceived by some as arrogance) to compensate for lack of arm strength, size, and overall athleticism."

Steve Smith is, by far, the biggest douche--bag on that team:

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/08/01/steve-s...teammate-again/

Maybe he's worried about being displaced?

Hey Steve, it's no longer 2008. Maybe you should make nice with the guy who may be able to get you back into the top 30 receivers in the league.

If you don't think Smith is not a top 10 receiver still, you are out of your mind. He is a beast and tried his best to pick up Delhomme, who was murdering that team. He palys with a chip on his shoulder but he busts his ass to be best. I'd take him on my team any day of the week.

I just find it hilarious that some people dismissed the character concerns about Clausen. They are very real.

This smells like typical Florio/PFT BS to me. "Unnamed sources", "basically thinks". Yeah, thats some real concrete evidence, given that other publications stated Claussen made the effort to fit in during the minicamp, even bringing a gift (Cactus Cooler) to Smith. PFT making up some melodrama! :lol:

God forbid the Qb is assertive, and takes control of practice, geez what a Jerk, he should be more like trent.....

I think Clausen will turn into every bit of the punkass jerk that the face on your avatar is.

I think Clausen will turn into every bit of the punkass jerk that the face on your avatar is.

(door flies open)

MARMALARD: Ya betta ask someboddddayyyyyyy!

This smells like typical Florio/PFT BS to me. "Unnamed sources", "basically thinks". Yeah, thats some real concrete evidence, given that other publications stated Claussen made the effort to fit in during the minicamp, even bringing a gift (Cactus Cooler) to Smith. PFT making up some melodrama! :lol:

This is why I excerpted the article on PFT. Everyone (including everyone in this thread) has mischaracterized the article, either giving too much credence or in your case, not enough.

I would be pretty certain that the story is based on Florio having one conversation with one person in the Panthers organization. I don't think Florio is making this up, nor do I believe that the opinion of the unnamed source is a consensus view within the Panthers organization. As such, the report can't be taken as being worth much or being completely worthless, either.

Geez, CarolinaBill. That avatar of yours is not evoking positive reactions.

if clausen gets as good as rivers we will look like fools for passing on him, he can be a punkass jerk all he wants if he's winning football games. Oh, and thats on the field only, rivers is a great guy off the field.

if clausen gets as good as rivers we will look like fools for passing on him, he can be a punkass jerk all he wants if he's winning football games. Oh, and thats on the field only, rivers is a great guy off the field.

I never knew which side to take in that whole Rivers v Cutler thing. They both seem like jerks…from a distance.

Philip Rivers is (seriously) a very good QB. Maybe even great. And he's led his team to exactly as many Super Bowls as Trent Edwards has led the Bills.

Sounds like bullsh-- to me too. The draft is over so they gotta do something to attract eyeballs between now and the start of training camp.