Faulk and Lombardi on NFLN

Have any of you just seen Marshall Faulk and Mike Lombardi running their mouths about the Bills on the "Grade the Draft" segment on NFLN????

Lombardi gave them a C for the draft, largely due to the Spiller pick. Then Faulk promised a 4-12 season (AGAIN) and him and Lombardi laughed away. The whole thing ended with Lombardi saying that the 4-12 prediction was generous and his grade of C was generous, and that there was "no direction" in Buffalo.

I am really tired of listening to Marshall Faulk crap on the Bills every year with zero insight into actual football facts. I can't believe this guy is still on NFLN - they have much better analysts than him. He's just not that bright......

I, like many people on here, have started to believe in what Nix and Gailey are doing. It's frustrating to see "analysts" continuously give the same assessment based on the same superficial fact that they chose not to pick a QB early.....

:P:P

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have any of you just seen Marshall Faulk and Mike Lombardi running their mouths about the Bills on the "Grade the Draft" segment on NFLN????

Lombardi gave them a C for the draft, largely due to the Spiller pick. Then Faulk promised a 4-12 season (AGAIN) and him and Lombardi laughed away. The whole thing ended with Lombardi saying that the 4-12 prediction was generous and his grade of C was generous, and that there was "no direction" in Buffalo.

I am really tired of listening to Marshall Faulk crap on the Bills every year with zero insight into actual football facts. I can't believe this guy is still on NFLN - they have much better analysts than him. He's just not that bright......

I, like many people on here, have started to believe in what Nix and Gailey are doing. It's frustrating to see "analysts" continuously give the same assessment based on the same superficial fact that they chose not to pick a QB early.....

Funny, I didn't love the draft, but I came away knowing that the team had direction for the first time in years. I think 2010 will be tough, but I have hope for 2011 and beyond.

Faulk is an ass.

Marshall Faulk is about two steps away from being another Emmitt Smith. He offers no analysis worth talking about, barely does any research (Buffalo needing a LT for 2007?) and has trouble with English.

Still, I believe the Bills will be in contention for a top-5 pick in the 2011 draft.

Funny, I didn't love the draft, but I came away knowing that the team had direction for the first time in years. I think 2010 will be tough, but I have hope for 2011 and beyond.

Faulk is an ass.

you said it faulk is a jack ass

Marshall Faulk is about two steps away from being another Emmitt Smith. He offers no analysis worth talking about, barely does any research (Buffalo needing a LT for 2007?) and has trouble with English.

Still, I believe the Bills will be in contention for a top-5 pick in the 2011 draft.

There is thread after thread complaining when sportscasters or sportswriters state that the Bills suck. The thing is, our problems are the same for so long now they are wide open for them, and fans with any knowledge at all about football to see.

Are these people supposed to pretend we are good? When they see the Bills take a small running back at #9 while having no credible offensive tackles on the entire roster, it raises an eyebrow and well it should.

I respect Mr. Wilson as a person, and appreciate that he keeps the Bills in WNY. That said, he is the one constant in terms of these odd draft choices that happened with TD, Levy Jauron and who knows who in 2009. When he spoke of adding "excitement," he meant it. We drafted this years version of McKelvin. A punt returning gadget player, except this one is a small running back in lieu of a defensive back.

In that sense, I guess it was a step up.

This unfortunately happens everywhere in the media. Whenever you have a small market team that is not one of the "big few" that the media feels makes the league go round, you get this.

Another example for me is the San Diego Padres. They are the team I root for in MLB. Small market team that has the "reputation" (like the Bills) of always being bad. Never mind they've been in the playoffs multiple times in the past five years, winning the division twice.

So, I'm listening to local sports radio here in Atlanta and they pass along the news that the Padres have selected John Garland to be their opening day starter. Now, I already know the Padres are going to be competitive this year, having actually followed the various off season moves they've made.

But these guys go on to joke and joke about how bad they are going to be, when they can't even name half the roster or pitching staff. Hardy har har. Meanwhile, according to them, the Braves are going to be "tough to beat". Okaaaay. :lol:

Now that the Padres are about 6 games up on the Braves and leading their division while the Braves are holding a secure spot on last place, these guys won't take my call to ask what they think of the Padres now.

Oh, by the way, John Garland, the big joke? He's only 3-2 with a 2.06 ERA.

Sorry for the non-Bills vent. Maybe it helps you not feel alone as far as teams getting criticized by media people who don't know what they are talking about.

Wow...I missed it...No direction huh? We'll see...

Honestly, I feel this is the first time we've actually had direction in a decade...It's funny...What do these idiots think? Do they think everything can be fixed in one off season? I don't mind Lombardi, but he knows damn well Nix is a good Scout and Football guy through and through...He knows it...To say The Bills have no direction is basically calling Nix an idiot...I'm not 100% certain Nix is making all the right moves either...But Buddy Nix resume speaks for itself...He's had some serious success...I don't see any Teams chasing Lombardi down after his last great stint in Oakland...I'd say the only thing with no direction is Lombardi's Scouting career right about now... :lol:

These guys are paid to appeal to large markets. Jets...good. Bills ...bad. The only thing that will flip that is when we (if we) smack them in the face with a 10 win season.

I get the impression that Nix and Gailey know what they're doing - but, I'm torn between two thoughts, although maybe they are not contradictory: although I think Gailey will attempt to win every game, and although the Bills have gotten better, it does seem like Nix is not trying to win it all this year; that he is installing a two to three year plan. So, if the Bills finish 8-8 this year they'll be picking once again in the middle of the draft next year and could miss out of the top QB. I guess I'm saying it seems like they are planning on adding the missing pieces next year, and that they've admitted, to themselves at least, that they're going to play this year without all the parts in place. So, it kind of seems like they are setting themselves up for an excuse if they don't win a lot this year - but, from a multi year standpoint you'd want to have a high pick next year to get the top QB...

You can't expect nonfans to be fans of our team. From the outside looking in the team sucks. Getting to the playoffs and NOT being a one and done team will make us relevant again. I could care less about relevance anyway. Without a SB victory nothing will be satisfactory. I'm only 34 and have season tickets so I'm confidant that I'll see it in my lifetime.

There it is. They can pull the Major League and after every win they can take a piece of Faulk's clothing off.

I, personally, like being the underdog. Expectations are crushing. We truly have nothing to lose. It has been that way for a while, regardless that we beat some respectable teams, and as much as last season sucked we were in almost every game.

I have said it 100 times.... I would show the players all of this ****. Tell them "There it is. They are all laughing at you. How does that make you feel? "

The only thing that will change people's minds is when we start producing on the field.

:P I believe the one guy said "Show me the baby" and the other one said "winning is all that matters".....

Im sorry but Marshall Faulk is the biggest piece of crap on NFL network. The dude seriously thinks he knows everything and he is the worst analyst on the station and IMO worst analyst ever. He is only on there cuz of his name.

^ What you said. All because Faulk was good at playing football, doesn't mean he knows much about it. He doesn't do his homework.

All that said he probably uses Kiper's grade as his own and copies his analysis as well.

Garbage.

Faulk is an ass.

Faulk was a great player and a smart player. The coaches who coached him said he understood the game as well as the best coaches. That actually seems to be a consensus view. The Bills will be bad next year; they're very clearly rebuilding. Why do you think he's wrong? He hasn't been wrong in the past about this team.

I have no problems with faulk. His whole issue is Trent Edwards/ The QB situation as a whole. He cant stand Edwards and I am with him on that. Until QB is solidified then we aren't going to hear the end of the negativity.

Also, we have to EARN our respect back. We have just sucked way too long and made too many bad decisions.