Thanks Leonidas

Wow. Where do I begin? There are so many people I have to thank. No, but in all seriousness...

Nothing you said is techincally wrong...but damn, if you're presentation doesn't suck moose balls. :w00t:

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:w00t:

This is a great place for Bills' fans to talk about our team but sadly the extreme level of immaturity that streams from some postings really leaves the question open to whether this is the graffitti wall for some local junior high school kids or if some adults love the thought of being junior high school bullies.

The insults, the obscenities, the racist undertones, and the attacks on other posters make this a place unfit for young fans to visit, which is sad because young fans might want to write about their team too.

And, of course there are the so-called fans who apparently hate the Bills with such gusto that they have to diminish the talents of every player in the lockerroom.

I am not sure what anyone can do about all of this ... and I am sure that there will be attacks on those of us who understand why Tim would abandon this wall.

Would be nice if some intelligence and sense of community existed here but then again it no longer exists anywhere.

GO BILLS ... and come back Tim!

STF....

aahhhh, never mind. Too easy.

Dry your eyes, people.

You say to click away from it, yet you can't choose to "click away" from my comments regarding how infuriating it is.

Right there is the crux of the situation. You posted that IN A THREAD TITLED "ASK TIM GRAHAM." If I'd seen it before he did, I would have moved or deleted it, because it did not belong there. You apparently also missed SDS' memo.

Damn right, I defended him (per usual). He's a friend. Who the hell do you think asked him to join this board in the first place?

And I did that thinking TBDers would be mature enough to interact with him on an adult level. That was my first mistake.

Right there is the crux of the situation. You posted that IN A THREAD TITLED "ASK TIM GRAHAM." If I'd seen it before he did, I would have moved or deleted it, because it did not belong there. You apparently also missed SDS' memo.

I want to stress, Leonidas: it didn't belong there. Why on earth would you address that complaint to Tim to begin with? What kind of brain fart was that?

And I did that thinking TBDers would be mature enough to interact with him on an adult level. That was my first mistake.

95% are. Personally, I would take issue with the other 5% dictating the existence of the interaction for the other 95%...

Damn right, I defended him (per usual). He's a friend. Who the hell do you think asked him to join this board in the first place?

Honestly, Lori.

Again, tongue-in-cheek. Have you ever had a 10-page thread dedicated to people calling you a douchebag? Probably not...

no, but then I'm not a douchebag...so I kind of doubt that will ever happen.

here's the rub: you did not make Tim Graham leave. I can not imagine anyone thinking you are solely responsible for Tim Graham leaving. However you did supply the one-comment-too-many that robbed many of us of an important point of view that distinguishes TBD from the other forums. You were in the wrong. Own it. Don't just write 500 words saying he's too sensitive. You crossed the line. Once. Just cop to it. Take responsibility and move on.

I want to stress, Leonidas: it didn't belong there. Why on earth would you address that complaint to Tim to begin with? What kind of brain fart was that?

95% are. Personally, I would take issue with the other 5% dictating the existence of the interaction for the other 95%...

Of course you would, you are 95% of the posters.

:w00t:

I'm sure he won't understand that post or even care to. JMO

And to think a simple reply to that effect could have saved the board all the bandwidth taken up with this page...

Hey, don't sell yourself short...

here's the rub: you did not make Tim Graham leave. I can not imagine anyone thinking you are solely responsible for Tim Graham leaving. However you did supply the one-comment-too-many that robbed many of us of an important point of view that distinguishes TBD from the other forums. You were in the wrong. Own it. Don't just write 500 words saying he's too sensitive. You crossed the line. Once. Just cop to it. Take responsibility and move on.

Caveat: don't even bother copping to it until you figure out why it was a lame-brained thing to do.

+1.

jw

And to think a simple reply to that effect could have saved the board all the bandwidth taken up with this page...

I know...the surrounding melodrama is a bit over-the-top.

And it'll continue while my question stands unanswered.

I'd like to think there's a difference between trying to get a writer to out his sources vs. venting a perfectly legitimate complaint about a website. I'll own what I said. But I wasn't in the wrong. Some people - including Mr. Graham - took it a little too personally for some reason. Funny when you see all the other **** written about him and ESPN in general, with so much of it based in fiction (some mystery bias) or just based in irrationality (hating him or ESPN for reasons x, y, and z), but I'm the bad guy. Eh. C'est la vie.

I'd like to think there's a difference between trying to get a writer to out his sources vs. venting a perfectly legitimate complaint about a website.

Do you go to Pizza Hut and complain about the quality of Taco Bell, too?