Mel kipers draft grades

bkc

Mel gave us a c+. After looking over his draft guide I notcied that between our draft and free agent signings he gave 16 of our guys a 6th round or better grade. I would say that Buddy grabbed a bunch of useful players .

Mel gave us a c-. After looking over his draft guide I notcied that between our draft and free agent signings he gave 16 of our guys a 6th round or better grade. I would say that Buddy grabbed a bunch of useful players .

Thanks for posting.

Any chance for a link-holio?

Oh my god we suck! We need to start Brohm! Lynch is a joke! Gailey is out of his league and needs to go back to GT. Ralph, that old flea bag owner, how could he let us fail? The sky is falling.

Mel Kipper, thank you, you are the reason why I think of ESPN has 99% sports entertainment and 1% sports.

Mel gave us a c-. After looking over his draft guide I notcied that between our draft and free agent signings he gave 16 of our guys a 6th round or better grade. I would say that Buddy grabbed a bunch of useful players .

I don't put much stock into Kiper's opinion. He's an expert on the draft, not football itself. He doesn't know any better than you or I how the new Bills' rookies are going to pan out.

I notcied that between our draft and free agent signings he gave 16 of our guys a 6th round or better grade.

Funy enough I was just thinking about how we manage to grab so much talent time and time again in the lower rounds. Seems scouting is doing a great job there.

Well at least those players were on the radar

I don't put much stock into Kiper's opinion. He's an expert on the draft, not football itself. He doesn't know any better than you or I how the new Bills' rookies are going to pan out.

Kiper is an !@#$. If he was so smart someone would pay him big bucks to be an NFL scout.

For a good laugh, someone out there ought to "grade" his past draft grades.

He knows better than you or I, but you're right, to a great extent, it's a crapshoot.

Kiper is an !@#$. If he was so smart someone would pay him big bucks to be an NFL scout.

For a good laugh, someone out there ought to "grade" his past draft grades.

Oh, yeah, I'm sure he lies awake nights thinking, "Oh, if only I could be an NFL scout and live in hotels all year long and make 5% of what I make now. Oh, if only."

yea and??????? Just because he says they might have reached on a few of our picks and free agent signings were supposed to just call all the teams we play next year and say " well, Mel Kiper said we didn't draft the way he thought we should have so...............you can have the win". Who cares what he says. Pay attention to what your team does in the mini camps and ota's. you'll see who does what in practice. just watch.

On the net, he gave us a C+.

Buffalo Bills

Summary: Buffalo surprised me with its pick at No. 9. This is a team that has to get better up front, and it opted to go with C.J. Spiller instead. Spiller is, along with Jahvid Best, the best home run threat in the draft, and will undoubtedly help that offense. But the Bills reached on Torell Troup, who has to develop. Alex Carrington, who could get backup duty, is another slight reach in the third round. Then a wide receiver pick (Marcus Easley) left the Bills looking for a long shot breakthough at tackle. Edward Wang of Virginia Tech has a chance, but outside of Spiller, it's hard to see where Buffalo got much better.

Draft grade: C+

Here's somebody who illegally copied his espn grades.

I'm sure he probably gives one set of grades for espn and one for himself in his books. That's Kiper. The guy knows how to make money.

Gotta agree with him, a lot of our guys are projects. The first three picks are going to be part-time players, two platoon guys and Spiller, who'll probably get 8 - 12 rushes per game and maybe line up a few times as a WR also.

That's sort of OK, though, as let's face it, we're going to suck this year, but a few years down the road, assuming Nix is as good as we think he is, we could be very good.

yea and??????? Just because he says they might have reached on a few of our picks and free agent signings were supposed to just call all the teams we play next year and say " well, Mel Kiper said we didn't draft the way he thought we should have so...............you can have the win". Who cares what he says. Pay attention to what your team does in the mini camps and ota's. you'll see who does what in practice. just watch.

I was pointing out how much talent we got not how little

16 players with draftable grades is a good haul

Practice ... PRACTICE???

on its face a C would be a generous grade. Based on need (offensive line, qb) we didn't hit the major weaknesses. We used a number of picks to staff a new defensive system when we didn't have the personnel on hand to do implement it, which is a bit puzzling.

That being said "on its face" and 75 cents will get you a senior citizen coffee ad Mickey d's (if you're a senior citizen). Time will tell. We get nine wins with these guys playing and we are going to get an A grade.

on its face a C would be a generous grade. Based on need (offensive line, qb) we didn't hit the major weaknesses. We used a number of picks to staff a new defensive system when we didn't have the personnel on hand to do implement it, which is a bit puzzling.

That being said "on its face" and 75 cents will get you a senior citizen coffee ad Mickey d's (if you're a senior citizen). Time will tell. We get nine wins with these guys playing and we are going to get an A grade.

A small senior coffee at McD is 50 cents.

:)

I've never had a Starbucks coffee. Being of an age, the thought of paying their prices for a cup 'o joe just...offends my sensibilities. And I like coffee black - I like the taste of coffee as is. If I want a sugar and fat bomb, I'll buy a milkshake instead.

A couple of years ago, an older poster in one of the recurring beef and weck threads said that he could get one in his area...for something like 8 bucks. He balked - perfectly understandable to me.

:beer: