Graham Harrell back with the Browns

Guest dog14787
so you give me 1 name out of a ton of guys that put up huge numbers in college. also rivers ran a pro style o if i recall.

Well you sure can't take it away from a guy because he had good numbers in college, would you rather have a player with good production or bad.

Aside from throwing for huge yardage Graham Harrells grit is what really stands out to me in a league where mental toughness is everything.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did Kurt Warner win a second Super Bowl?

My mistake - he played in 3, winning and being named MVP in Superbowl 34 and losing in SB 36 and SB 43. Kurt Warner did not win 2 Superbowls, therefore Graham Harrell will never make it in the NFL.

My mistake - he played in 3, winning and being named MVP in Superbowl 34 and losing in SB 36 and SB 43. Kurt Warner did not win 2 Superbowls, therefore Graham Harrell will never make it in the NFL.

He did win league MVP twice.

Yep he's so great 32 teams didnt' want him.

See, it's keen insight like yours that keeps me coming to TSW over all other web sites - I hadn't realized that NFL scouts are infallible and that no player has ever been passed over by all 32 teams in the draft and then gone on to a successful pro career in the NFL.

This guy wasn't drafted correct? Why? If he is so great and shattering records why didn't he go in the first round?

Does he have a weak arm?

Yeah, guy's got such a weak arm that he holds just about every Texas HS passing record and threw for 16,000 yards and 134 TDs at Texas Tech, with a 160 QB rating. :doh:

Here's an interesting tidbit - the undrafted 4x Pro Bowl QB and Superbowl MVP Kurt Warner has led his team to the Superbowl every year that he has played as the starting quarterback during all regular and post season games, and set a Superbowl record of 45 passing attempts with no INTs in Superbowl 34. Yep...avoid those undrafted QBs like the plague.

If you ever saw Harrell run Mike Leach's Air Raid offense, you would not raise the question of arm strength - guy put up 60-70 attempts per game with startling accuracy, took almost no sacks, and routinely completed 50 yard bombs to Michael Crabtree.

But one of the things I really like about Harrell in his maturity - really well-beyond his years - watch this interview and you get the sense that you're listening to a seasoned pro, rather than a 22-year old kid that just won the biggest game of his life in the last second of play...

But you're right - guys that get passed over by all 32 NFL teams on draft day never go on to have successful pro careers in the NFL.

Signed,

:wallbash:

Warren Moon - 9x Pro Bowl QB

Kurt Warner - 4x Pro Bowl QB, Superbowl MVP

Jeff Garcia - 4x Pro Bowl QB

Tony Romo - 3x Pro Bowl QB

Jake Delhomme - Pro Bowl QB (also holds Superbowl record 85-yard TD pass)

Dick Lane - 7x Pro Bowl DB

John Randle - 7x Pro Bowl DT

Antonio Gates - 6x Pro Bowl TE

Jeff Saturday - 4x Pro Bowl Center

Brian Waters - 4x Pro Bowl OG

James Harrison - 3x Pro Bowl LB

Priest Holmes - 3x Pro Bowl RB

Jason Peters - 3X Pro Bowl OT

Rod Smith - 3x Pro Bowl WR

Pat Williams - 3X Pro Bowl DT

Willie Parker - 2x Pro Bowl RB

Wes Welker - 2x Pro Bowl WR

London Fletcher - Pro Bowl LB

Antonio Pierce - Pro Bowl LB

Adewale Ogunleye - Pro Bowl DE

Bart Scott - Pro Bowl LB

...and numerous others - some All Pros like PK Adam Vinatieri and P Brian Moorman, and some who - despite never making All Pro or being named to the Pro Bowl - still went on to enjoy (or are still enjoying) fine NFL careers.

Yeah, guy's got such a weak arm that he holds just about every Texas HS passing record and threw for 16,000 yards and 134 TDs at Texas Tech, with a 160 QB rating.

Here's an interesting tidbit - the undrafted 4x Pro Bowl QB and Superbowl MVP Kurt Warner has led his team to the Superbowl every year that he has played as the starting quarterback during all regular and post season games, and set a Superbowl record of 45 passing attempts with no INTs in Superbowl 34. Yep...avoid those undrafted QBs like the plague.

If you ever saw Harrell run Mike Leach's Air Raid offense, you would not raise the question of arm strength - guy put up 60-70 attempt per game with startling accuracy, took almost no sacks, and routinely completed 50 yard bombs to Michael Crabtree.

But one of the things I really like about Harrell in his maturity - really well-beyond his years - watch this interview and you get the sense that you're listening to a seasoned pro, rather than a 22-year old kid that just won the biggest game of his life in the last second of play...

But you're right - guys that get passed over by all 32 NFL teams on draft day rarely go on successful pro careers in the NFL. :wallbash:

Signed,

Warren Moon - 9x Pro Bowl QB

Kurt Warner - 4x Pro Bowl QB, Superbowl MVP

Jeff Garcia - 4x Pro Bowl QB

Tony Romo - 3x Pro Bowl QB

Jake Delhomme - Pro Bowl QB (also holds Superbowl record 85-yard TD pass)

Dick Lane - 7x Pro Bowl DB

John Randle - 7x Pro Bowl DT

Antonio Gates - 6x Pro Bowl TE

Jeff Saturday - 4x Pro Bowl Center

Brian Waters - 4x Pro Bowl OG

James Harrison - 3x Pro Bowl LB

Priest Holmes - 3x Pro Bowl RB

Jason Peters - 3X Pro Bowl DT OT

Rod Smith - 3x Pro Bowl WR

Pat Williams - 3X Pro Bowl DT

Willie Parker - 2x Pro Bowl RB

Wes Welker - 2x Pro Bowl WR

London Fletcher - Pro Bowl LB

Antonio Pierce - Pro Bowl LB

Adewale Ogunleye - Pro Bowl DE

Bart Scott - Pro Bowl LB

(and numerous others - some All Pros like PK Adam Vinatieri and P Brian Moorman, and some who - despite never making All Pro or being named to the Pro Bowl - still went on to enjoy (or are still enjoying) fine NFL careers)

Nice list :doh:

Kind of a mutual thing, IMO - he sat down with Saskatchawan GM and made it clear that his #1 goal was to make an NFL roster.

So, despite the fact that no team in the CFL considered him a starter, he decided he was going to be an NFL starter?

As his GM put it: "It came out of the blue about three weeks ago, and I don't totally know what the circumstances were."

That's like the Mayor of Buffalo waking up one day and resigning because he felt he should be President of the United States.

Well, maybe Harrell will join all of those other prolific NCAA QBs from Leach/Tex Tech in the NFL, such as........

Your comparison to Warner, Moon and Garcia is meaningless:

When Warner didn't make the Packers roster out of college, he went home and signed up with the AFL, where he dominated. He then went to NFLE, where he again dominated. He then got on the roster of the Rams. The rest is history.

Warren Moon through for over 21,000 yards and 144 TDs in Canada before he came to the NFL.

Garcia threw for over 16,400 yds and 111 TDs in Canada before he came to the NFL.

Harrel spent one year riding the pines in Canada and then announced to Canada and the world that he deserved better.

So, despite the fact that no team in the CFL considered him a starter, he decided he was going to be an NFL starter?

As his GM put it: "It came out of the blue about three weeks ago, and I don't totally know what the circumstances were."

That's like the Mayor of Buffalo waking up one day and resigning because he felt he should be President of the United States.

Well, maybe Harrell will join all of those other prolific NCAA QBs from Leach/Tex Tech in the NFL, such as........

Your comparison to Warner, Moon and Garcia is meaningless:

When Warner didn't make the Packers roster out of college, he went home and signed up with the AFL, where he dominated. He then went to NFLE, where he again dominated. He then got on the roster of the Rams. The rest is history.

Warren Moon through for over 21,000 yards and 144 TDs in Canada before he came to the NFL.

Garcia threw for over 16,400 yds and 111 TDs in Canada before he came to the NFL.

Harrel spent one year riding the pines in Canada and then announced to Canada and the world that he deserved better.

The circumstances were that Mangini invited Harrell back to Cleveland. Let me know what part of that sentence is causing you so much difficulty, and I'll do my best to explain it to you very slowly.

And check your facts - when Warner didn't make the Packers roster in 1994, no other NFL team gave him a shot, so he went home and took a job stocking shelves and bagging groceries for $5.50/hour before latching on with an arena-league team in 1995.

So, at the same point in his career as Harrell 'riding the pine in Canada', Warner was a bag-boy at the local Hy-Vee Store while Harrell was on a CFL roster and also quality control coach at OSU in the off-season. At the same time Warner was trying out for the Arena Football League, Mangini has invited Harrell back to throw for the Browns again.

Hear me now, believe me later - Harrell will be one of the greats. I don't care if you agree, 'cause I know I'm right.

BTW - shouldn't you and your fellow NE* 'buddies' be busy opening up your summer cottage at...

Herring Cove??? :lol:

The circumstances were that Mangini invited Harrell back to Cleveland. Let me know what part of that sentence is causing you so much difficulty, and I'll do my best to explain it to you very slowly.

And check your facts - when Warner didn't make the Packers roster in 1994, no other NFL team gave him a shot, so he went home and took a job stocking shelves and bagging groceries for $5.50/hour before latching on with an arena-league team in 1995.

So, at the same point in his career as Harrell 'riding the pine in Canada', Warner was a bag-boy at the local Hy-Vee Store while Harrell was on a CFL roster and also quality control coach at OSU in the off-season. At the same time Warner was trying out for the Arena Football League, Mangini has invited Harrell back to throw for the Browns again.

Hear me now, believe me later - Harrell will be one of the greats. I don't care if you agree, 'cause I know I'm right.

BTW - shouldn't you and your fellow NE* 'buddies' be busy opening up your summer cottage at...

Herring Cove??? :thumbsup:

We all have heard the story of how Warner had to make a living at a low paying job while he worked as a grad assistant at Northern Iowa. What's your point--other than to make your buddy Harrell look more like a spoiled and deluded d-bag? And look who Warner couldn't beat out for a spot in Green Bay--then take a look at the quality of QB Harrell couldn't match up with in Cleveland (they passed on him last year) and the "Rough Riders".

The point you miss in your poorly thought out comparison of Warner to another one trick pony from TexTech is that Warner (and Garcia) were not top rated passers from big college programs. They, and Moon, EARNED their shots at NFL rosters after they proved themselves in lesser leagues.

Your boy has done nothing since he left school except put on the same clean uniform every game day. So, you see---he is nothing like the others you compare him to.

Hey, why don't you tell us all how it's possible that a former pats season ticket holder who cruises "somanymen.com" regularly is really a heterosexual cheatriots hater? Good luck!

We all have heard the story of how Warner had to make a living at a low paying job while he worked as a grad assistant at Northern Iowa. What's your point--other than to make your buddy Harrell look more like a spoiled and deluded d-bag? And look who Warner couldn't beat out for a spot in Green Bay--then take a look at the quality of QB Harrell couldn't match up with in Cleveland (they passed on him last year) and the "Rough Riders".

The point you miss in your poorly thought out comparison of Warner to another one trick pony from TexTech is that Warner (and Garcia) were not top rated passers from big college programs. They, and Moon, EARNED their shots at NFL rosters after they proved themselves in lesser leagues.

Your boy has done nothing since he left school except put on the same clean uniform every game day. So, you see---he is nothing like the others you compare him to.

Hey, why don't you tell us all how it's possible that a former pats season ticket holder who cruises "somanymen.com" regularly is really a heterosexual cheatriots hater? Good luck!

Ha! At the same point in his career as Graham Harrell is right now, Kurt Warner also 'put on the same clean uniform every day' - except his had a different logo...

HyVee

Oh Christ. The Senator is off his meds again.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step, my fur-faced friend...

'Former Texas Tech QB Graham Harrell is back, a year after he got a look-see in the offseason; "We just wanted to see where he was and give him another opportunity," Mangini said. "We liked the things that he did last year and have kept tabs on him over the course of the year. This is a good opportunity for us to gauge where he is." '

link