BROHM vs. Trentative

Yes I will be as I know this guy doesn't have what it takes, he sure as hell doesn't have the decision making abilities to run a wide open offense, he doesn't have the arm to get the ball down field 20 yards on a rope, his deep ball flutters and lastly...he isn't a leader or winner.

I thought Bills fans wanted a stronger armed, leader that can win as it's QB? Those backing Edwards keep wanting the Bills to fail, but that is their right I guess.

DI... Trentative teams at Stanford had a combined record of 10-23 and never a winning season http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/stats?playerId=137101

...Brian Brohm's teams at Louisville went 38-11, three winning seasons and a .500. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/stats?playerId=164609

...So since Trent has not played on a winning team in college or pro, anybody who says hes a winner must be reading John Edwards books, another winner.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so Brohm was on the team for a couple weeks, only had 1 week of first team reps in practice. What would you expect to see from him?

How about 16 out of 31 for 152 yards and 1 interception? Those are Trent's stats against the Browns last year.....pretty darn similar except Trent has been a starter in the league 2 years and has no excuse especially being it was the frigging Browns.

The defense gave up 171 yards rushing, they had 13 penalties for 75 yards nine of which were false starts and you are blaming poor QB play for that loss...?

Any QB would have struggled on this team last year playing behind a 3rd string O-line, and pathetic NFL Europe game plans Van Pelt came up with.

The defense gave up 171 yards rushing, they had 13 penalties for 75 yards nine of which were false starts and you are blaming poor QB play for that loss...?

Any QB would have struggled on this team last year playing behind a 3rd string O-line, and pathetic NFL Europe game plans Van Pelt came up with.

Well if we use stats from one game to say that Brohm is no where near starting material then I can use one game performance to show that Edwards is no where near starting material. That is what I was getting at, I'm not going to completely break down both games and find excuses either way.

Im not understanding who would be happy over brohm starting. Hell trent or fitz arent any better so my question is does it matter... NO!..So who cares who starts all them are trash. Levi is the only one who gets a (he might not suck pass) because he is a rookie but besides that none them are good enuff calibur QB...

Brohm, Fitz, Brown

As far as the reason Brohm is better than Trent...he knows how to look off safeties...I'm personally sick of knowing who the ball is going to before the snap because if I can see it, the DBs can see it

In his start he was 17 out of 29 for 146 yards and two INT's. His QB rating was 43.2 and averaged a measly 5.0 yards per attempt. Yea thats starting material there. He targeted his WR's but also Atlanta's DB's.

The guy is a project, and no where near a starting QB. Fitz and Edwards would both start over him.

Im so sick of people bringing up the qb rating and ints in that one game....first off TO did not care about that bomb or he wouldve tried to go up and get it...secondly the int on the sideline was a great play by a DB diving in to grab the ball...there are certain things that brohm did in that one start that edwards has never done ever in the NFL

Brohm, Fitz, Brown

As far as the reason Brohm is better than Trent...he knows how to look off safeties...I'm personally sick of knowing who the ball is going to before the snap because if I can see it, the DBs can see it

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This!

I think Trent's slide from promise and his hot 4-0 start in 2008 relates to the concussion 1st, Mauron's offense 2nd, and the O-Line 3rd.

He clearly gets a chance at a better offensive scheme with a better offensive mind and losing one old toy (TO) for one new toy (Spiller).

The O-Line will be better than 2009, but could still get in the way and we have a lot of uncertainty.

The concussion stuff I have no read on. Hopefully with some distance he can get some confidence back.

I still think he is the guy who will win the competition, and has the best chance of the four of being a winning NFL QB.

Fitz is a better fit than Brohm for a backup, so if Brohm can't win the job outright I see him falling to #3, and Brown on the practice squad until they like him more as a #3 than Brohm.

Trent is more talented than Fitz, u can see that just by watching, but when Fitz was given the starting job when Jauron was fired, it told me that Fitz had the lockeroom support for whatever reasons (veteran, better leader, makes the right reads)

Its gailey & nix' team now, its whoever has the support from them, not the team. Just like trent started because he had Jaurons support.

I think Brohm will go. he got beat out by a 7th rounder in green bay. same scenario here. And i hope trent starts bc honestly, he gives us the best chance to win talent wise. I hope gailey can help him stay healthy and make better reads through his scheme. Plus he loves to throw short, we have freddy and spiller!!

Not to mention trents first three years in the league, compared to drew brees first three, stat wise, are very much the same. Lets not give up on him bc of poor coaching.

From looking at the video of Brohm at Louisville, I saw two things he seems to be able to do very well, to accurately hit a receiver in full stride, and to throw the long ball.

It's a shame that he didn't exhibit those admirable traits at Green Bay. If he did he wouldn't have been surprassed by a seventh round qb pick. Most of the nostolgic views of Brohm relate to his college days, however, his impressive college performances haven't as of yet come to fruition in the pro ranks. As a Bills supporter I hope he does find his long lost groove.

How productive was edwards before he got hit? No 300 yard games, affraid to throw with anticipation, fluttering deep ball, bouncing 15 yard outs off the turf. The only thing he could do is the same thing he did in College and that was checkdown.

One has to think as much as they are talking about Brohm he is the guy going to get most of the snaps. It is his job to lose and lose it he could if he doens't perform.

What I think you will see is Brohm get most of the inital snaps and if he doens't perform, he gets benched for Edwards which is a plus for those that want a high draft pick next year. Not a plus for the veterans that want to win.

You read one or two articles mentioning Brohm and start assuming that the new regime is more impressed with him than any other QB. Also, you have an opinion and are not willing entertain any other ideas. If the coach is thinking that way, we are in big trouble.

As far as Edwards is concerned, you are zeroing in on individual plays that maybe you have actually seen, maybe not. You have formed a hypothesis by looking at the negatives without looking at the positives. Also, I don't think you know as much about football as you think.

For the first time in as long as I can remember there is not a favorite QB going into camp. All 4 QBs are going in with a shot to start. Here's my prediction on the finish:

#1) Brohm

#2) Fitzpatrick (only because of experience)

#3) Brown (only because he's a rookie...he's better than Fitz)

cut - Edwards.

PTR

Brohm, Edwards, Brown, Fitz gets released before camp even starts.

I think Brohm will go. he got beat out by a 7th rounder in green bay. same scenario here. And i hope trent starts bc honestly, he gives us the best chance to win talent wise.

That 7th Rounder is Matt Flynn, and that kid has done an amazing job learning our offense. Flynn would no doubt be a starter on a couple NFL teams right now. I wouldn't discard Brohm because he's lost out to Flynn.

Well if we use stats from one game to say that Brohm is no where near starting material then I can use one game performance to show that Edwards is no where near starting material. That is what I was getting at, I'm not going to completely break down both games and find excuses either way.

I don't care who starts at QB but Edwards was far better in his first appearance than Brohm. Why? Maybe the O-line was better that year (YEA), or maybe Edwards is better than Brohm?? Too early to tell. All I know and I keep saying NO QB would play well with a 3rd string O-line, an NFL Europe offense, and a coach who had had no guts.

I don't care who starts at QB but Edwards was far better in his first appearance than Brohm. Why? Maybe the O-line was better that year (YEA), or maybe Edwards is better than Brohm?? Too early to tell. All I know and I keep saying NO QB would play well with a 3rd string O-line, an NFL Europe offense, and a coach who had had no guts.

Can't argue with that.